FIFA £1 million final offer

Skirge

Its always a risk. If we can't mitigate that risk in any other way (i.e. by signing players who won't be getting a game for their nation, like Le Sib, or Luque), then we have to insure against it. Simple as that. The FA provide part pf the wages, yes? SO we need to insire ourselves against the balance.

Its just business - different businesses have different risks to manage, this just happens to be one of the ones in football.

Its always a risk. If we can't mitigate that risk in any other way (i.e. by signing players who won't be getting a game for their nation, like Le Sib, or Luque), then we have to insure against it. Simple as that. The FA provide part pf the wages, yes? SO we need to insire ourselves against the balance.

Its just business - different businesses have different risks to manage, this just happens to be one of the ones in football.

I agree in a way but i find it a little unfair the way clubs are treated by the FA, Not just the English FA but most FA's. All FA's have to much power over a player imo, If a player doesnt play for his country when they ask then that player can get fined or banned from club matches. What gives the FA the right to ban a player from playing for his club because he didnt play a friendly?

IMO the club should have a say in the matter and not the FA's just picking what ever player they feel fit and sending them back injured and saying "O well". Sueing the FA aint really the answer because as people have said poor FA's cant afford to pay the wages of a top premiership player but something needed to be sorted out.

We've rejected the 1 million and are taking the matter further apparently.

Saw this as well and the main thought that springs to mind is: urgh.

It's getting embarrassing now, especially when the Daily Mail use terminology like "Newcastle will go to war over FIFA's £1m offer..."

What the fucking hell are we expecting, really? Are we really that skint?

Guest Jangles

Why the hell does the FA insurance only cover wages of up to £50,000? I suspect that more than half the england squad are on well over that (Ferdinand, Campbell, Terry, Beckham, Lampard, Rooney, Gerrard, Owen, etc).

Assuming wages of £100,000 per week he's cost us £3.6m in wages since he's been injured and missed 9 months of £17m player on a 4 year contract (cost £3.2m). We've had £1.8m from the FA insurers but that still leaves the club (and/or its insurers) £5m out of pocket.

The whole point of the FIFA pot is to help out smaller nations i.e. the Hypia - Finland example.

FIFA have made us a £1 millionfinal offer for the injury to Owen durring the World Cup, we wanted £6 million but they will not offer any more!

And fair enough as well. This compensation warchest of theirs shouldn't be used to cover the arses of 'rich clubs', when the Owens or Beckhams of the football world go down at an international tourney, who can afford to offer Roles Royce wages in the first place.

If Sepp Blatter is saying we should take up the matter with the FA does that mean he will support our case if we sued the FA? Or relax their own regulations regarding taking football matters through the civil courts?

Not fucking likely!