A New Left Back?

Guest Morph

From your other posts I assume you think we should be aiming for top 5, if we sign players like Samuel we wont be building a team capable of that.

tbh Samuel has never looked any better than baba.

From your other posts I assume you think we should be aiming for top 5, if we sign players like Samuel we wont be building a team capable of that.

tbh Samuel has never looked any better than baba.

I think we should be aiming for top 7 in the first instance, although we'll need several new players for that.

Babayaro is a disgrace, he's never looked like a premiership player for two consecutive games.

Jloyd had one good season several years ago, and seemed to think this made him Roberto Carlos. All evidence since then suggests he is shite. Worryingly, not only is she shite, he has a dreadful attitude problem. He'll be on his way this summer.

The only reason he isn't the worst full back at the club is the continued presence of Aaron Hughes. You're welcome to him. To both, in fact.

Jloyd had one good season several years ago, and seemed to think this made him Roberto Carlos. All evidence since then suggests he is shite. Worryingly, not only is she shite, he has a dreadful attitude problem. He'll be on his way this summer.

The only reason he isn't the worst full back at the club is the continued presence of Aaron Hughes. You're welcome to him. To both, in fact.

Sounds like top 7 to me, a marked improvement :)

Jloyd had one good season several years ago, and seemed to think this made him Roberto Carlos. All evidence since then suggests he is s****. Worryingly, not only is she s****, he has a dreadful attitude problem. He'll be on his way this summer.

Also, if you ever spot it on MTV, watch the episode of Cribs where they tour his house. You'll be making stabbing gestures at the telly.

Lee-Young Pyo from Spurs? Not a first team regular these days! International and much European experience. I would certainly take him!

wow! so I'm not the only one who thought Lee would be worth looking at.  Defensively he's not the best...but def one of the best left backs going forward.

works hard and gives it all for the team...it's just he's playin in a crap team right now.

Bridge is the perfect LB for us

He is very experienced at both Premiership level and international too

He is relatively young 27

About Baines im not too sure about him

When we played Wigan he wasnt anything special

He is very young and is U21 international but i think Bridge is the better option for us

Jloyd had one good season several years ago, and seemed to think this made him Roberto Carlos. All evidence since then suggests he is s****. Worryingly, not only is she s****, he has a dreadful attitude problem. He'll be on his way this summer.

Also, if you ever spot it on MTV, watch the episode of Cribs where they tour his house. You'll be making stabbing gestures at the telly.

Funny as fuck!!! HAHAHAHA

Personally I'd go for Leighton Baines. Still only young, captained his side (and U21s?!?!) and looks steady. And can't half strike a ball!!!

aye you're right, he's getting injured more and more as the weeks go by...snap him up, 10m?

His price is not 10m :uglystupid2:

Chelsea probably will sell him for 5-6m and for this kind of money its the better option then Baines imo

And he is miles better that what we have at the moment at LB

aye you're right, he's getting injured more and more as the weeks go by...snap him up, 10m?

Chelsea probably will sell him for 5-6m and for this kind of money its the better option then Baines imo

ANYONE, as stated, is better than what we have at the moment.

we dont need anyone

we need class there

we dont need anyone

we need class there

Yes we do, IDEALLY.

At the moment, we have NOTHING there. So anyone would be better than that.

we dont need anyone

we need class there

Yes we do, IDEALLY.

Aye,agree with you that at the moment we dont have anything there

but i dont agree that anyone will be better

the important thing is that Roeder must buy quality LB in the summer

we dont need anyone

we need class there

Yes we do, IDEALLY.

i just don't accept that it's as hard as the club are making it....there's a big wide world out there and EVERYONE has known babayaro is a disgrace to the shirt for more than a year

how can we not have dug up a player from france, belgium, brazil, argentina, holland, mexico, germany, scandinavia....anywhere for christs sake?

it seems to be the nature of the clubs transfer policy these days: "get cast offs from the big clubs"

forget wayne bridge...get our chief scout (or someone who can spot a player) a sh!tload of plane tickets and tell him not to come back without a new LB, RB, CM and maybe a striker all for less than 10m

i swear to god give me those plane tickets and i'd get us the lot and still have change to buy a pint....

• 2 weeks later...
Guest Invicta_Toon

this kid could be available on a free in the summer, would do me down to the ground as he can play on both sides

so I've heard :lol:

• 3 years later...

Newcastle United boss Chris Hughton admits he's seeking a new left-back.

Hughton hopes to add to his squad in the final days of the market.

He said: "There are still a couple of days to go, but if I was left with the squad I’ve got now, I would be happy. We’re most definitely still looking at left-back, but James Perch can play at left-back as well.

“It’s perhaps not naturally left-footed cover, but we certainly have cover there."