Comparing our forwards with the top 4

Guest Knightrider

Adebayor? Been very very impressed with him, not and never will be a goalgetter, but he's a promising player, last season he couldn't do anything, looked way out of his depth, came on in leaps and bounds since.

How many games did you watch for Arsenal this season?

Really  ???

You're not saying Berbatov is better than Owen and Rooney now are you?

For sure i think he's a far better all round player then Owen but im having second thoughts about putting him ahead of Rooney tbh. Ill alter my list O0

Kuyt is a better all rounder than Owen too, however I'd rather have a World Class goalscorer than an excellent all rounder any day of the week.

Well Berbatov can easily hit 20 goals a season as well as assist about 15 goals. I'd rather 20 goals and 15 assists then 25 goals and 1 assist.

His record in the league is nowt special.

He has been good in the cups for you though.

Guest Knightrider

Adebayor? Been very very impressed with him, not and never will be a goalgetter, but he's a promising player, last season he couldn't do anything, looked way out of his depth, came on in leaps and bounds since.

Really  ???

What's wrong with that? I've seen enough of him on CM and Youtube anyway, just needed to see some proper highlights of him in action before making my mind up, and I got that a few weeks back when MOTD did a bit on him.

Guest kingdawson

For sure i think he's a far better all round player then Owen but im having second thoughts about putting him ahead of Rooney tbh. Ill alter my list O0

Kuyt is a better all rounder than Owen too, however I'd rather have a World Class goalscorer than an excellent all rounder any day of the week.

Well Berbatov can easily hit 20 goals a season as well as assist about 15 goals. I'd rather 20 goals and 15 assists then 25 goals and 1 assist.

Berbatov being able to easily hit 20 goals depends alto on facing average sides in the uefa cup, the acid test has always been the league and so far Berbatov has 1 more goal this season than Owen got in 10 games for us last year.

your wrong tbh. Berbatov has scored goals against good european teams. I wouldnt call Besiktas and leverkusen average. Bear in mind this is he's first season in the league, no doubt he will score more goals in the league next year.

Guest Geordiesned

Berbatov being able to easily hit 20 goals depends alto on facing average sides in the uefa cup, the acid test has always been the league and so far Berbatov has 1 more goal this season than Owen got in 10 games for us last year.

your wrong tbh. Berbatov has scored goals against good european teams. I wouldnt call Besiktas and leverkusen average. Bear in mind this is he's first season in the league, no doubt he will score more goals in the league next year.

That's just because as a Spurs fan you're new to this European lark. Besiktas and Leverkusen are indeed average.  :D

Guest BooBoo

Leverkusen are no great shakes but it looks like they're sneaking through to the UEFA Cup last 8. Two nil up at the moment.

Delusional Spuds fans... Besiktas & Leverkusen are Averange... Leverkusen are not so great as when Basturk Era... when they become Champion League finalist... in that time also berbatov still shit also... he could not score 1 on 1...

Guest kingdawson

Another thing i want to ask you Baggio. Yo call Owen a "world class goalscorer" and you tell me that the league is the "acid test", so can you please tell me why your "world class goalscorer" has never been able to hit 20 league goals in about 8 years in the premiership?

Neither are anything special, as I've said, the league is the acid test and Owen has a better record than a goal every 2 games in it throughout his whole career,

Berbatov's scoring ability doesn't even come close to that of Michael Owen, if he does better than Owen next year then fair enough but to predict he'll "No doubt" score more (in the league) next season isn't concrete enough to have a debate around.

Guest kingdawson

Owen created 5 goals last season IIRC, directly or indirectly, and created a few at Liverpool and for England, he's a creator too.

LOL, indirectly? so he passed the ball to dyer, who passed it to ameobi who passed it to Shearer to score.

Another thing i want to ask you Baggio. Yo call Owen a "world class goalscorer" and you tell me that the league is the "acid test", so can you please tell me why your "world class goalscorer" has never been able to hit 20 league goals in about 8 years in the premiership?

I'm not Baggio but I'll answer your question anyway...

Because he hasn't played enough games each season to do so due to injury and other factors.

125 Premier League goals in 227 appearances tells the story with an average of a goal every 1.8 games.

Guest optimistic nit

i see berb as level ability wise with martins, both with different attributes obviously (you can't argue with this btw, as martins has had at least as good a first season as berb). really depends whether you rate owen better than martins (which i do). ergo owen > berb.

Mostly because he's suffered hamstring injures during his early years at Liverpool, he's only played more than 30 league games twice in any season.

Owen - 227 Premiership games - 125 Premiership goals - goal every 1.81 games

Really  ???

What's wrong with that? I've seen enough of him on CM and Youtube anyway, just needed to see some proper highlights of him in action before making my mind up, and I got that a few weeks back when MOTD did a bit on him.

:lol:

Anyway mate,i had to watch ALL of Arsenals game's this season (My bro,and Dad are Arsenal fans,sadly),aside from the ones that are played in the same time of our games,and i can honestly say that Adebayor is one of the most (over)rated players in the premiership,he has been really poor and i don't know why does Arsene Wenger prefer him over Baptista (or any of the other striker for that matter),He looks like the new Ameobi,poor finishing and Heading,poor control and his only strength is that he works well with Henry,Alot of Arsenal fans don't rate him,sure he is young but if he keeps playing this way i can see him playing in Saudi Arabia in three years..

Mostly because he's suffered hamstring injures during his early years at Liverpool, he's only played more than 30 league games twice in any season.

Berbatov works out at a goal every 3.125 games, Martins has a goal every 2.5.

Guest Knightrider

Owen created 5 goals last season IIRC, directly or indirectly, and created a few at Liverpool and for England, he's a creator too.

LOL, indirectly? so he passed the ball to dyer, who passed it to ameobi who passed it to Shearer to score.

No, I'm talking about being fouled for a free-kick, or winning corners, still influencing play and having a hand in a goal. I doubt Berbatov will directly set up 15 goals :lol:

Guest kingdawson

i see berb as level ability wise with martins, both with different attributes obviously (you can't argue with this btw, as martins has had at least as good a first season as berb). really depends whether you rate owen better than martins (which i do). ergo owen > berb.

Dont agree with this. Think Berbatov has performed better then Martins this season which is no way a disrespect to Obafemi who i think is a very good player.

Guest kingdawson

No, I'm talking about being fouled for a free-kick, or winning corners, still influencing play and having a hand in a goal. I doubt Berbatov will directly set up 15 goals :lol:

Well he's directly set up about 12 goals already this season. I dont count winning penalties or free-kicks as an assist. Winning corners?? youve got to be joking.

Dont agree with this. Think Berbatov has performed better then Martins this season which is no way a disrespect to Obafemi who i think is a very good player.

:bounce:

Guest Knightrider

Well he's directly set up about 12 goals already this season. I dont count winning penalties or free-kicks as an assist. Winning corners?? youve got to be joking.

So he has had the final touch 12 times before the player who scored has, i.e. directly responsible for 12 goals scored? Impressive.

Guest kingdawson

How do you work that one out? Martins has scored 10 goals in 24 premiership starts and Berbatov has 8 in 23. Berbatov overall ratio is far superior to martins.

How do you work that one out? Martins has scored 10 goals in 24 premiership starts and Berbatov has 8 in 23. Berbatov overall ratio is far superior to martins.

I was counting appearances, not starts. However I still suggest you get your calculator out because, even by your criteria, by "far superior" you actually mean worse. :laugh: