Emre

Mr. Snrub

But why start Sibierski ahead of Milner? Milner on the right, Dyer behind Martins, Zog on the left, counter attacking football on the ground, and we're sorted.

I agree. We weren't set up for counter-attacking football at all.

I'd have kept Duff on. The reason he was quiet in the second half was we weren't giving him the ball. I'd have put on Emre and Milner for Sibierski and Parker.

I don't think Parker played that well at all. It was the usual story. Good at closing down the opposition, poor in possession. Once we went 2-0 down that wasn't what we needed.

This. Exactly fucking this.

WHEN are people going to wake up and realise that Parker is not the fucking answer? Emre offered us sooo much more tonight. Aye his set pieces were gash, but at least he offered a threat going forward.

He was better than the vast majority, mate. I didn't see anyone else putting the ball in the net towards the end of the game. He ran his bollocks off, as well, which is more than a fair few did tonight.

Emre was very good when he came on, I thought. Shame he wasn't fit enough to start.

But why start Sibierski ahead of Milner? Milner on the right, Dyer behind Martins, Zog on the left, counter attacking football on the ground, and we're sorted.

I'd have kept Duff on. The reason he was quiet in the second half was we weren't giving him the ball. I'd have put on Emre and Milner for Sibierski and Parker.

I don't think Parker played that well at all. It was the usual story. Good at closing down the opposition, poor in possession. Once we went 2-0 down that wasn't what we needed.

WHEN are people going to wake up and realise that Parker is not the fucking answer? Emre offered us sooo much more tonight. Aye his set pieces were gash, but at least he offered a threat going forward.

He tries hard but he's ineffective.  Never been the same after his illness.

He was better than the vast majority, mate. I didn't see anyone else putting the ball in the net towards the end of the game. He ran his bollocks off, as well, which is more than a fair few did tonight.

Emre was very good when he came on, I thought. Shame he wasn't fit enough to start.

How do you know Emre wasn't fit enough to start? I reckon he was.

Parker runs around in Circles and offers very little in terms of retaining possesion. I would never sign him again given the chance.

How do you know Emre wasn't fit enough to start? I reckon he was.

Parker runs around in Circles and offers very little in terms of retaining possesion. I would never sign him again given the chance.

He didn't look at all fit to me when he came on, if he did start then he'd have had to come off at half-time or on the hour I'd imagine. In any case, Roeder was never going to make the decision between Butt and Parker, was he?

Thats Roeders weakness IMO. The inability to drop Butt/Parker. Absolute bollocks.

Emre offers more going forward than those two put together.

Parker is god damn awful. He offers nothing but crunching tackles. Most of which are in the middle of the park and don't win us possession. He doesn't fit into a system rather we try to make a system fit him.

Waste of space.

Thats Roeders weakness IMO. The inability to drop Butt/Parker. Absolute bollocks.

Emre offers more going forward than those two put together.

Parker is god damn awful. He offers nothing but crunching tackles. Most of which are in the middle of the park and don't win us possession. He doesn't fit into a system rather we try to make a system fit him.

Waste of space.

Do you think Butt was better than him? I've made a point of watching both closely since the anti-Parker bandwagon started up and I thought the Manc was absolutely anonymous for the vast majority of this game. His passing is consistently terrible, he's slower than a tortoise running in treacle, he's impetulant and he cannot tackle for toffee.

Neither of them are great, but from what I see I think Butt is miles more inferior. You're spot-on about Roeder's decision-making, though.

Emre's just returning from a massive injury and it's our biggest game of the season, it would have been a massive risk for both him AND us to start him tonight. He simply cannot be match fit after playing 20-odd minutes of football in over 2 months.

I know the team that was selected was utter dross and that Emre might have made a difference if on from the start, but we can never say for sure that it would have seen us through. We could have lost by a landslide, or he could have been badly injured. I'm just glad he got another piece of a game under his belt and that he looked miles better than both of our other central players when he came on.

We did lose by a landslide mate. We lost 2-0. Anything over that was always going to be irrelevant.

I would've started with Emre and Milner instead of Parker and Dyer.

Fo what its worth, over the course of this season Butt has been HUGELY more effective than Parker. The reason he plays badly when Parker is in the same starting 11 as him is because he never gets the option of the easy ball into feet. That daft twat Parker is always off rampaging into some part of the field where he'll never get the ball or looking for his next 'heroic' tackle.

SHITE. Send him back to Chelsea.

We did lose by a landslide mate. We lost 2-0. Anything over that was always going to be irrelevant.

I would've started with Emre and Milner instead of Parker and Dyer.

Fo what its worth, over the course of this season Butt has been HUGELY more effective than Parker. The reason he plays badly when Parker is in the same starting 11 as him is because he never gets the option of the easy ball into feet. That daft twat Parker is always off rampaging into some part of the field where he'll never get the ball or looking for his next 'heroic' tackle.

SHITE. Send him back to Chelsea.

You're blaming Parker, alone, for Butt having no passing options. That's when you know you're past the point of no return with an opinion on a player, mate, it's nothing but bandwagon. I don't like Butt much, but I appreciate when he does something well and I certainly don't blame him when other players' shortcomings are mentioned. Think it's pointless continuing this as you obviously have your opinion set in stone on El Capitan and I'm not going to agree with it just yet, so I'll bow out.

Janitor,

Emre looked fit to me. I don't understand how you can say he didn't look fit?

What more would you have expected from him?

Looked a bit slow and sluggish to me. Emre isnt an Aaron Lennon, but when hes been fully fit, hes shown a fair bit of acceleration packed within his midget frame.

Guest Knightrider

Parker is the only player who can hold his head high tonight, he ran his bollocks off and was the only player trying to influence the game, at both ends, he showed up, just a shame no fucker else did.

Parker is the only player who can hold his head high tonight, he ran his bollocks off and was the only player trying to influence the game, at both ends, he showed up, just a shame no fucker else did.

Indeed.

This anti-Parker bullshit is beyond a joke now.

Indeed.

This anti-Parker bullshit is beyond a joke now.

I'm actually amazed that it took this long for people to stake the blame on Parker.

If you thought the worst thing on our pitch today was Scott Parker, you're either blind or just going out of your way to piss on the captain of your own club.

Well, at least the Parker-haters are consistent. More than I can say for NUFC.

The Parker Butt partnership needs to die immediately.

Its like theres a large black hole for us on the pitch, bang in the middle. Absolutely nothing constructive comes from there, no possession or distribution. It feels like the team plays around that entire middle area of the pitch, if the ball goes there its as though weve lost control of it, and on top of this, the protection they provide together is pretty shit for two players who are extremely strong at tackling and closing down.

Playing together is ruining both Parker's and Butt's game. Parker is playing poorly for an attacking midfielder, hes getting into decent positions once or twice in a game and failing to convert nearly all of the time, whilst he lacks any kind of forward passing. Hes not playing badly per se, but theres definately a problem with regards to his position in the team.

The only player yesterday who looked to be driving us forward, good to see him beating his man, but final ball was dissapointing partly coz he must be rusty and patrtly coz our strikers were just not making any runs. Didn't help that thanks to Roeder's brilliant tactics, we didn't to play with any wingers in the last 20 minutes either. Their players must have been shitting in their pants every time Parker or Sibierski tried to find room on the wing.

Guest given take

yeah he cant take set peices but hes the only one with skill. look at the game yesterday emr doesnt run much off the ball, but when hes on the ball he runs with it. scott parker runs off the ball but hes scared to run with the ball

Guest triggy99

given take r u kiddin? ur the retard that thinks ameobi is better than shevchenko and saha. UR A JOKE!!!