Bramble

tmonkey

People have already posted the quote I was going to, but I hope to God he's talking about Bramble and is finally realising what everyone (bar Ronaldo) has been saying for years.

People have already posted the quote I was going to, but I hope to God he's talking about Bramble and is finally realising what everyone (bar Ronaldo) has been saying for years.

Just out of curiosity, what has Ronaldo been saying about Bramble :p

Andy Townsend, Mark Lawrenson &c. proving that propaganda works just as well in 2007 as it ever did.

Haddaway and shite man, we've kept 1 clean sheet in the last 20. Just cos they say our defence is shit doesn't automatically mean it's not. It is.

My attempt at brevity has, as ever, resulted in ambiguity. I was referring to how Bramble is blamed irrespective of what the circumstances are.

He is blamed because, like last night, he is shit.

Even last week, there were people saying he was worth keeping, had ptential to improve, was very strong, yadda yadda.

Fact time, kids: Titus Bramble is NOT a defender who has the ability to play in a team with aspirations of the top 7, and to push on from there. He simply isn't very good.

I dont understand the defence of Bramble in this thread. Hes getting picked on because its the same shit weve seen from him since his Ipswich days, and he was the main culprit last night for me. Huntington was worse, but for ffs, hes a kid, a right footed centreback, who probably isnt good enough for Premiership level for all we know, being played out of position against a good attacking European side. At least theres an explanation as to why this lad was so fucking shiite, but is Bramble a kid being played out of position against a class of opposition hes never played against? Is that what lengths we are going to go to, to defend Bramble - use an out of position kid's performance as being the standard by which we measure Bramble's performance?

Yes, the entire defence was shit, as was the whole team, but Bramble's mistakes were those which weve seen a million times. Hell never learn. He will never use his brain to defend. He will never mark his man first and foremost, or be aware of where his man is. He will always ball watch, he will always lunge in for the ball. He will always make sloppy, sliced, idiotic clearances that puts the players around him under pressure. He will always cost us goals.

Taylor is an infinitely better centreback. He definitely has his faults, he definitely makes mistakes, but hes still young and hes got time on his side. Apart from being a bit of a thug, he doesnt suffer from the "no brain" syndrome that Titus does. His mistakes arent the same ones over and over again, game after game, season after season. At least with him, theres some hope.

I dont understand the defence of Bramble in this thread. Hes getting picked on because its the same shit weve seen from him since his Ipswich days, and he was the main culprit last night for me. Huntington was worse, but for ffs, hes a kid, a right footed centreback, who probably isnt good enough for Premiership level for all we know, being played out of position against a good attacking European side. At least theres an explanation as to why this lad was so fucking shiite, but is Bramble a kid being played out of position against a class of opposition hes never played against? Is that what lengths we are going to go to, to defend Bramble - use an out of position kid's performance as being the standard by which we measure Bramble's performance?

Yes, the entire defence was shit, as was the whole team, but Bramble's mistakes were those which weve seen a million times. Hell never learn. He will never use his brain to defend. He will never mark his man first and foremost, or be aware of where his man is. He will always ball watch, he will always lunge in for the ball. He will always make sloppy, sliced, idiotic clearances that puts the players around him under pressure. He will always cost us goals.

Taylor is an infinitely better centreback. He definitely has his faults, he definitely makes mistakes, but hes still young and hes got time on his side. Apart from being a bit of a thug, he doesnt suffer from the "no brain" syndrome that Titus does. His mistakes arent the same ones over and over again, game after game, season after season. At least with him, theres some hope.

Spot on, but you've SEEN the defences of Shambles over the past few weeks.

Agree there. Bramble's proven countless times over five seasons he isn't the answer.

I dont understand the defence of Bramble in this thread. Hes getting picked on because its the same s*** weve seen from him since his Ipswich days, and he was the main culprit last night for me. Huntington was worse, but for ffs, hes a kid, a right footed centreback, who probably isnt good enough for Premiership level for all we know, being played out of position against a good attacking European side. At least theres an explanation as to why this lad was so f****** shiite, but is Bramble a kid being played out of position against a class of opposition hes never played against? Is that what lengths we are going to go to, to defend Bramble - use an out of position kid's performance as being the standard by which we measure Bramble's performance?

Yes, the entire defence was s***, as was the whole team, but Bramble's mistakes were those which weve seen a million times. Hell never learn. He will never use his brain to defend. He will never mark his man first and foremost, or be aware of where his man is. He will always ball watch, he will always lunge in for the ball. He will always make sloppy, sliced, idiotic clearances that puts the players around him under pressure. He will always cost us goals.

Great post!

I agree that all the defenders were shit last night, but just look at the facts.

Bramble was partly at fault for the first goal, trying to play an offside in an unbelievable position. It was one of the worst examples I have ever seen of somebody trying to play an offside trap, without even looking along the line first.

For the second, all the blame has to go to Bramble for totally losing his man. He doesnt have the quickness of thought to be able to sort this fault out ion his game.

Add the that the stupid lunge near the edge of the box in the first half that could have led to a dangerous free kick. Thankfully the ref played advantage and it only came to a corner. The ref had a word with Bramble at the time, but had it given a free kick he would have been booked.

Then one of the stupidest challenges I have seen him make for his booking. There is no need to lunge n like an idiot when a player is on the wing like that. He came from quite far back to lunge in and should have stayed on his feet and stopped the player getting anywhere. FFS, this is one of the first things a defender should learn! Dont dive in!

Add to that the other lapses of concentration he had all night. If this man gets a new contract it will be a total disgrace!

He was lucky not to be booked for his ridiculous challenge (where the referee played advantage) after about 5 minutes too.

Guest elbee909

"They do well, you are happy with them and you think they have learnt. Then 'bang' they go and make the same mistake again and let you down."

Yes, bit like the manager really.

I dont understand the defence of Bramble in this thread. Hes getting picked on because its the same s*** weve seen from him since his Ipswich days, and he was the main culprit last night for me. Huntington was worse, but for ffs, hes a kid, a right footed centreback, who probably isnt good enough for Premiership level for all we know, being played out of position against a good attacking European side. At least theres an explanation as to why this lad was so f****** shiite, but is Bramble a kid being played out of position against a class of opposition hes never played against? Is that what lengths we are going to go to, to defend Bramble - use an out of position kid's performance as being the standard by which we measure Bramble's performance?

Yes, the entire defence was s***, as was the whole team, but Bramble's mistakes were those which weve seen a million times. Hell never learn. He will never use his brain to defend. He will never mark his man first and foremost, or be aware of where his man is. He will always ball watch, he will always lunge in for the ball. He will always make sloppy, sliced, idiotic clearances that puts the players around him under pressure. He will always cost us goals.

Great post!

I agree that all the defenders were s*** last night, but just look at the facts.

Bramble was partly at fault for the first goal, trying to play an offside in an unbelievable position. It was one of the worst examples I have ever seen of somebody trying to play an offside trap, without even looking along the line first.

For the second, all the blame has to go to Bramble for totally losing his man. He doesnt have the quickness of thought to be able to sort this fault out ion his game.

Add the that the stupid lunge near the edge of the box in the first half that could have led to a dangerous free kick. Thankfully the ref played advantage and it only came to a corner. The ref had a word with Bramble at the time, but had it given a free kick he would have been booked.

Then one of the stupidest challenges I have seen him make for his booking. There is no need to lunge n like an idiot when a player is on the wing like that. He came from quite far back to lunge in and should have stayed on his feet and stopped the player getting anywhere. FFS, this is one of the first things a defender should learn! Dont dive in!

Add to that the other lapses of concentration he had all night. If this man gets a new contract it will be a total disgrace!

true,but becuase his mistakes cost the goals does that mean he played worse than taylor...the only difference was they didn't score from taylors errors(averladze off the bar,koevermans round the keeper)...or if a player makes 1 mistake and they score and another makes 10 they don't score from ,has player 1 palyed worse cos his mistake was the goal.

as for stupid challenges,bramble could mitigate he went for the ball,albeit wildly...taylors elbow on the other hand.

yes bramble was very bad last night,no worse than the others.

Taylor was shocking too last night btw. Not convinced he'll ever be good enough either, but Bramble has consistently shown over a long period that the next clanger/nightmare performance is just around the corner. What is he now? 25, 26 years old?

He was lucky not to be booked for his ridiculous challenge (where the referee played advantage) after about 5 minutes too.

We were lucky the referee played advantage in the first place. The idiotic challenge Bramble made was in a perfect position for a scoring set piece chance, and it definately should have been a booking because it was extremely late and pretty dangerous.

That challenge was purely out of frustration, because leading up to it he had let the ball bounce in front of him whilst he was facing goal and an Alkmaar player just robbed him and caught him unaware. It was a series of mistakes spread over 3-4 seconds, and on any other day it would have resulted in a good goalscoring chance for AZ and a yellow card for himself - simply because hes incompetent.

We got incredibly lucky last night not to be well and truly spanked, with sendings off and penalties included. Haven't seen us have that much luck since, well, the Spurs game.

Guest triggy99

you cant single bramble out from yesterdays game. the whole defence were rubbish. roeder need to bring 4 new defenders in and he shud cash in on taylor because hes useless and is overated by most newcastle supporters

you cant single bramble out from yesterdays game. the whole defence were rubbish. roeder need to bring 4 new defenders in and he shud cash in on taylor because hes useless and is overated by most newcastle supporters

Regardless, if Bramble's contract is renewed it's a case of accepting mediocrity (and that's probably bigging the lad up). That's based on his career here rather than just last night.

Guest triggy99

yes i know bramble is dodgy. but carr, taylor and babayaro r all rubbish aswell and no one keeps goin on about how bad they r. just bramble

yes i know bramble is dodgy. but carr, taylor and babayaro r all rubbish aswell and no one keeps goin on about how bad they r. just bramble

There's a thread slagging Taylor too and the other two didn't play last night.

Guest triggy99

i know theres a thread slagging taylor off too. so what? what im saying is the majority of the time when ppl have a go at newcastles defence they mostly have a go at bramble and in my opinion he shudnt be singled out when all of our defence r rubbish every game apart from Gucci.

Guest Invicta_Toon

i know theres a thread slagging taylor off too. so what? what im saying is the majority of the time when ppl have a go at newcastles defence they mostly have a go at bramble and in my opinion he shudnt be singled out when all of our defence r rubbish every game apart from Gucci.

you clearly arent watching the games tbh