Anyone get this letter this morning?

Ashley17

Or if the silly fucker knows a decent player when he see's one these days. He certainly didn't when he took over from KK.

You mean like Given? Or Speed? Or Solano? Or Dabizas? Or Hamann? Or Tomasson? (ok, didn't make it here but he turned out to be alright didn't he?). Yes he bought a lot of duffers, but that was mainly just to get a reserve side back up and running again after Keegan got rid of it! (Gudjonsson, Pinas, Brady, Serrant, etc). Those 6 players I mentioned aren't a bad return for 2 years of transfer activity is it, and the first four were very important in us finishing 4th in 2001-2 season.

Sorry, didn't see this.

Those 4 (I would never call Dabizas a decent buy - he was gash) and you can't say Tomasson cos he was awful for us still don't make up for Dogleash's indiscriminate dismantling of a side that only needed a good defensive review.

Selling Ginola, Sir Les etc will always make him an out and out cunt IMO. Sorry if you disagree.

Or if the silly fucker knows a decent player when he see's one these days. He certainly didn't when he took over from KK.

You mean like Given? Or Speed? Or Solano? Or Dabizas? Or Hamann? Or Tomasson? (ok, didn't make it here but he turned out to be alright didn't he?). Yes he bought a lot of duffers, but that was mainly just to get a reserve side back up and running again after Keegan got rid of it! (Gudjonsson, Pinas, Brady, Serrant, etc). Those 6 players I mentioned aren't a bad return for 2 years of transfer activity is it, and the first four were very important in us finishing 4th in 2001-2 season.

Sorry, didn't see this.

Those 4 (I would never call Dabizas a decent buy - he was gash) and you can't say Tomasson cos he was awful for us still don't make up for Dogleash's indiscriminate dismantling of a side that only needed a good defensive review.

Selling Ginola, Sir Les etc will always make him an out and out cunt IMO. Sorry if you disagree.

Thought that the board had sold Les, not Kenny?

• 3 weeks later...
Guest ramage316

Can anyone who has been to one of these nights give me run down on the schedule? I'm going on the 21st.

Like, what time exactly does it start? where exactly? Is there really free drinks? A sneak preview would be good.

Cheers

To be honest once I read it I thought of the Aspen episode of South Park at the ski resort where they won't led the parents ski till they've purchased time shares in a condo...

Stan DARSH

Guest nufc_geordie

I went with my brother not so long ago. The night man Utd played AC Milan at home. Door supposedly opened at 6.30pm but when we got there on the dot there were a fair few people already in there. You go in through the Milburn reception and then up to level 4/5. On arrival they check your name(s) off on a list and give you two free drink tokens. We had a couple of pints each but there were people drinking spirits, wine, magners etc. At just after 7pm Peter Beardsley, Claire Tomlinson (who is fit when seen in person, although a little smaller than I expected), and a ground staff member led a revised stadium tour down passed all of the executive boxes (they are labelled so you can see who owns them) into the directors lounge and boxes and then down to pitch side where there are phot opportunities with Beardo and in the dugout, at pitch level etc. From here you proceed down the tunnel and into the home dressing room (they've got a huge plasma screen TV int here) then thats as much as I can tell you as by this time it was 8pm, I had had my free stadium tour and two free drinks so me and my brother nicked of to watch the Man Utd match as you have to pass from the players entrance back into the Milburn recpetion. About 50% of people p*ssed off the same time as us leaving only the people who really wanted to buy a spanish villa.

Guest nufc_geordie

I was in town anyway and I hadn't seen the inners of the ground (changig rooms etc.) since I was a sprog. Filled some time in before the Man Utd match. Anytime Newcastle give somethignaway you've got to take it IMO, it doesn't happen that often.

Guest ramage316

I went with my brother not so long ago. The night man Utd played AC Milan at home. Door supposedly opened at 6.30pm but when we got there on the dot there were a fair few people already in there. You go in through the Milburn reception and then up to level 4/5. On arrival they check your name(s) off on a list and give you two free drink tokens. We had a couple of pints each but there were people drinking spirits, wine, magners etc. At just after 7pm Peter Beardsley, Claire Tomlinson (who is fit when seen in person, although a little smaller than I expected), and a ground staff member led a revised stadium tour down passed all of the executive boxes (they are labelled so you can see who owns them) into the directors lounge and boxes and then down to pitch side where there are phot opportunities with Beardo and in the dugout, at pitch level etc. From here you proceed down the tunnel and into the home dressing room (they've got a huge plasma screen TV int here) then thats as much as I can tell you as by this time it was 8pm, I had had my free stadium tour and two free drinks so me and my brother nicked of to watch the Man Utd match as you have to pass from the players entrance back into the Milburn recpetion. About 50% of people p*ssed off the same time as us leaving only the people who really wanted to buy a spanish villa.

Cheers mate. Never had a stadium tour before. Is there a recommended dress code?