Andy Cole

PCW1983

Birmingham have clinched the loan signing of Portsmouth striker Andy Cole.

Cole arrives on loan at St Andrews until the end of the season.

The former England international has failed to hold down a place in Pompey's starting XI and he was keen to secure a move away for regular first-team action.

Blues boss Steve Bruce was delighted to land his former Manchester United team-mate and believes his goals can aid their promotion bid.

"We are absolutely delighted to bring Andy in for our Championship run in because he is an exceptional player with a phenomenal goalscoring record," Bruce told the club's official website.

"We feel that his experience will prove to be very beneficial to the team, particularly as we have so many young players.

"Despite his age he has always looked after himself, which is why he is still playing at the highest level of the game.

"We hope that with his extra quality up front he can help us to secure the promotion that we are so desperate for."

Its only my opinion but i would have took Cole on loan till the end of the season, would have took alot of pressure off Martins in my opinion, what do you all think ?

He left Fulham to be near his family.

He left City to challenge for Europe.

And now he leaves Pompey for first team football.

Conclusion: Mercenary cnt. Class player tho, his and Claudio Reyna's disappearance is what has caused City to turn to shit IMO. The twat.  >:(

No idea why Pompey are letting him go, he is IMO their best forward. Knee must be knackered still.

Wouldn't have wanted him back cos i'm sick of us succombing to sentiment, bringing back players and staff that are either no longer good enough or never were. Nobby aside. That said, Cole probably would have been useful in January. :rolleyes:

One question. Why?

Is that in response to the Carroll remark? In that case, i'm with you - i've no idea why somoene would do that. And presumably seeing as NUFC06 has seen Carroll nowhere other than the substitute appearances witnessed in the European games, its difficult to see where his judgement has come from.

How anyone would pick an 18-year-old fish out of water with no Premiership experience whatsoever, over one of the most prolific goalscorers in the Premiership (second only to Shearer), who would boast experience and determination for one of the clubs he unsurprisingly holds close to his heart... is beyond me.

I haven't seen anything of Carroll, but his goalscoring record is impressive enough in the youth leagues, i'd much rather see him go out on loan before being chucked straight into the first team.

Of course, we're speaking entirely hypothetically, but it's frustrating when people judge youngsters who they've never seen play before. And that comment there was just plain daft.

He left Fulham to be near his family.

He left City to challenge for Europe.

And now he leaves Pompey for first team football.

Conclusion: Mercenary cnt. Class player tho, his and Claudio Reyna's disappearance is what has caused City to turn to s*** IMO. The t***.  >:(

No idea why Pompey are letting him go, he is IMO their best forward. Knee must be knackered still.

Not surprising, started off with the scum and it'll always be there in the system no matter how much he tries to keep it suppressed.

He was great for us but became a total cvnt when he mocked us whilst at Man U.

True, he was great for you (and at Bristol before that) but, as I said, once a woolwich pikey, always a woolwich pikey.  Will always revert to type some time or other.

We played Huntington and Edgar and didnt look for David Unsworth to sign

Im talking about the current moment of the season where our season is pretty much over

And i rather give young Carroll a chance instead of playind 36 years old Andy Cole who is really i must admit one of the greatest strikers in the Premiership history

Thats just my opinion

Guest nufc_geordie

We played Huntington and Edgar and didnt look for David Unsworth to sign

Im talking about the current moment of the season where our season is pretty much over

And i rather give young Carroll a chance instead of playind 36 years old Andy Cole who is really i must admit one of the greatest strikers in the Premiership history

Thats just my opinion

I agree mate, the season is over, why not try Carroll up tops with Martins in a little large strikeforce until the end of the season. Carroll can only develop as a result and it will set him up nicely to kick on next season when there are things to play for again.