Contract talks halted!!

Skirge

If Milner doesn't get a new contract, I will have lost all faith in the direction of this club.

The rest can go. I like Sibs, but I agree that he doesn't bring a lot to the club. I'd be content if he stays or if he goes.

Aye, he probably won't have to play very much anyway, once we've spent £73m on Crouch, Zigic, Huntelaar, Forlan and Babel... and, the summer wouldn't be complete with a bit of sickening sentiment, as we bring Sir Les back cos he 'knows the club'. Sibs won't get a look in.

Guest Stephen927

Bramble is a must for me to be given the chop.

Solano, Milner and maybe Sibierski depending on how much we have to spend, should be given new contracts.

Guest optimistic nit

The point's already been made on Toontastic by Alex, but more worrying than the fact that he ever planned to offer Bramble a contract is the fact that he's changed his mind on the strength of one match.

"You know what Freddy?  It's all of a sudden come to my attention this lad is s***.  Lucky I spotted that before we signed him up for another 3 years eh?  Heehee!"

i personally would offer bramble another contract. at the present he's a better defender than taylor and has been responsible for fewer goals this season than taylor, but we'll be in a situation if we let him go whereby taylor is our ONLY centre back (plus anyone roeder signs). that is enough reasons to keep him on.

Contract taldk halted yet Huntington get a new deal, fkn crazy.

I bet are fighting them off with a stick so we can keep him..

Newcastle United youngster Paul Huntington is expected to put pen-to-paper on a new deal which will see him stay at St James' Park until 2010.

Despite a rough ride playing at left-back against AZ Alkmaar in the Uefa Cup, Magpies manager Glenn Roeder has been impressed by the defender's development this season.

Huntington has started 14 games for Newcastle this term because of injuries to Roeder's backline, although most have been at an unfamiliar full-back position.

Roeder watched Huntington playing for the reserves in his favoured centre-back role on Wednesday and was pleased with the 19-year-old's performance.

"You could see young Hunty has been playing in our first team because he was a class above any other player on the field last night," Roeder said.

"Going back, he was one of my academy boys when I first took over and while some people may not have been sure about him, I took a shine to him straight away.

"At the start of the season, I had him pencilled in to blood him in a couple of games, but because of our injury crisis, he is into double figures.

"He has had a longer run in the first team than even he expected and he has not let anyone down."

Roeder expects Huntington to be challenging for a regular spot in the heart of Newcastle's defence next season, with Titus Bramble and Craig Moore out of contract and Oguchi Onyewu's loan deal expiring.

"He has a lot of qualities. He is 6ft 4ins, but needs to improve on his heading. He has pace and is decent enough on the ball," Roeder added.

"But he wants to learn and as a coach, I have to say he is easy to work with.

"While he is nowhere near the finished article, I expect him to be challenging our two central defenders next season - whoever they are."

"Going back, he was one of my academy boys when I first took over and while some people may not have been sure about him, I took a shine to him straight away.

Tells you a lot, really.

Guest Mantis

The point's already been made on Toontastic by Alex, but more worrying than the fact that he ever planned to offer Bramble a contract is the fact that he's changed his mind on the strength of one match.

"You know what Freddy?  It's all of a sudden come to my attention this lad is s***.  Lucky I spotted that before we signed him up for another 3 years eh?  Heehee!"

i personally would offer bramble another contract. at the present he's a better defender than taylor and has been responsible for fewer goals this season than taylor, but we'll be in a situation if we let him go whereby taylor is our ONLY centre back (plus anyone roeder signs). that is enough reasons to keep him on.

He ought to be but he is League 1 at best.  Taylor, Hunty and Edgar will have a chance if they are coached properly, Bramble has had years of coaching and is no better than when he arrived imo.  Get rid, good riddance to him and his crew  and sign someone with half a brain cell and some experience.  The young defenders should get some loan experience, preferably in their preferred positions CB!!!!!  Before this club cuts them off with the obsession for playing kids out of position.

Whatever you think about the players, it's quite obvious that Roeder is totally spineless, he's totally shirked his share of the blame for the Alkmaar game and is trying to get his own arse out of the fire by jumping on a few popular bandwagons. I thought he was a decent bloke, but now that he's under pressure he's showing just what a slimy bastard he is.

Whatever you think about the players, it's quite obvious that Roeder is totally spineless, he's totally shirked his share of the blame for the Alkmaar game and is trying to get his own arse out of the fire by jumping on a few popular bandwagons. I thought he was a decent bloke, but now that he's under pressure he's showing just what a slimy bastard he is.

My thoughts exactly. Its the question I put forward for the Luke thing. When will he take the blame for AZ. 

I found this on the front page of our site, was suprised to see how full of shit people on here are when slating players. If you look at the blame count Titus has 1 yet he is the most scape goated.

BLAME COUNT - Season 06/07

Responsible For 6 Goals Conceded

Peter Ramage

Responsible For 5 Goals Conceded

Stephen Carr

Responsible For 4 Goals Conceded

Celestine Babayaro

Nicky Butt

Scott Parker

Responsible For 3 Goals Conceded

Steven Taylor

Shay Given

Responsible For 2 Goals Conceded

Nolberto Solano

Steve Harper

Craig Moore

Responsible For 1 Goal Conceded

Titus Bramble

Paul Huntington

Matthew Pattison

Damien Duff

Kieron Dyer

Whatever you think about the players, it's quite obvious that Roeder is totally spineless, he's totally shirked his share of the blame for the Alkmaar game and is trying to get his own arse out of the fire by jumping on a few popular bandwagons. I thought he was a decent bloke, but now that he's under pressure he's showing just what a slimy b****** he is.

My thoughts exactly. Its the question I put forward for the Luke thing. When will he take the blame for AZ. 

I found this on the front page of our site, was suprised to see how full of s*** people on here are when slating players. If you look at the blame count Titus has 1 yet he is the most scape goated.

Peter Ramage

Stephen Carr

Celestine Babayaro

Nicky Butt

Scott Parker

Steven Taylor

Shay Given

Nolberto Solano

Steve Harper

Craig Moore

Titus Bramble

Paul Huntington

Matthew Pattison

Damien Duff

Kieron Dyer

Blimey.... how this blame was counted???

Guest maznislav

Considering the depth of our squad, I think all of them except Bramble should get new contracts. Bramble is a nice player, but he didn't found his place in Newcastle and I think it is the best for him to go somewhere else.

Whatever you think about the players, it's quite obvious that Roeder is totally spineless, he's totally shirked his share of the blame for the Alkmaar game and is trying to get his own arse out of the fire by jumping on a few popular bandwagons. I thought he was a decent bloke, but now that he's under pressure he's showing just what a slimy b****** he is.

I found this on the front page of our site, was suprised to see how full of s*** people on here are when slating players. If you look at the blame count Titus has 1 yet he is the most scape goated.

Peter Ramage

Stephen Carr

Celestine Babayaro

Nicky Butt

Scott Parker

Steven Taylor

Shay Given

Nolberto Solano

Steve Harper

Craig Moore

Titus Bramble

Paul Huntington

Matthew Pattison

Damien Duff

Kieron Dyer

Blimey.... how this blame was counted???

Ask the person who writes for the front page of this website.  It seems to be in great detail.  It gives a break down of where and how possession was lost and who was marking who.