Gareth Bale

Guest crj89

Guest ObiChrisKenobi

OMG, Captain Hindsight is approaching!  :frantic:

http://images1.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20101028071113/southpark/images/thumb/3/38/Coon2Hindsight06.png/270px-Coon2Hindsight06.png

I think all the hype is going to far, yeah he is a decent player and has had 2 amazing games against the same team. Did not really bother Man ure did he.

Pah good luck to him but this Bake wankfest is sickening.

I think all the hype is going to far, yeah he is a decent player and has had 2 amazing games against the same team. Did not really bother Man ure did he.

Pah good luck to him but this Bake wankfest is sickening.

thought i'd posted similar, must be going mental - Bale will continue to be underestimated when at Spurs and have big performances, when he eventually moves to a top club for big money and he's a target that will be his test

Can't argue with that, three years on from the post you quoted.

Isn't that the point?

I'm just saying that hindsight's a wonderful thing. Bale was an expensive punt back then; fortunately for Spurs it's paid off. I'd have felt iffy going for him at the time - as i actually posted in the thread.

Guest Stephen927

I hope we don't make a bid for him as the prices that have been quoted have been crazy.

:nope:

Well that was completely pointless, well done.

Can't argue with that, three years on from the post you quoted.

Isn't that the point?

I'm just saying that hindsight's a wonderful thing. Bale was an expensive punt back then; fortunately for Spurs it's paid off. I'd have felt iffy going for him at the time - as i actually posted in the thread.

And as with so many other players that people have this debate over, would he have reached anywhere near the level he's at now if he was in our absolute mess of a club in 2007? Hindsight or not, agree with Yorkie's original post that it would've been a longshot for the price.

Did they actually end up paying those £11m? Wasn't the fee brought down to something like £6m because of Southampton needing to accept the money upfront instead of installments cause of their financial difficulties...

Quite a steal at that it seems.