Owen

stozo

I think Owen already adapted his game a lot from the player that burst onto the scene, he is a very clever player who uses his instinct and natural positional sense to get where he needs to be rather than blistering pace. I don't see how there will be a problem unless he comes back barely being able to jog. If Owen has a chance in or around the box the odds are with him to do something with it and from what Steadman has said he expects Owen to come back as strong or maybe even stronger than before.

Im a lot more worried about the chances being created than I am about Owen not doing it anymore, as said if there is a half decent chance there is a very decent chance Owen will put it away.

I'm sure that him coming back "stronger than before," isn't going to happen, unless he's operated on his hamstrings while inside his knee.

I think Owen already adapted his game a lot from the player that burst onto the scene, he is a very clever player who uses his instinct and natural positional sense to get where he needs to be rather than blistering pace. I don't see how there will be a problem unless he comes back barely being able to jog. If Owen has a chance in or around the box the odds are with him to do something with it and from what Steadman has said he expects Owen to come back as strong or maybe even stronger than before.

Im a lot more worried about the chances being created than I am about Owen not doing it anymore, as said if there is a half decent chance there is a very decent chance Owen will put it away.

I'm sure that him coming back "stronger than before," isn't going to happen, unless he's operated on his hamstrings while inside his knee.

No operation took place on his hamstrings but he has spent a lot of his rehab with the guy who fixed Dyer's hamstring and he has stated before he has refined his running style to help his hamstrings.

No operation took place on his hamstrings but he has spent a lot of his rehab with the guy who fixed Dyer's hamstring and he has stated before he has refined his running style to help his hamstrings.

Not going to make him "stronger" though is it? Sounds like the sort of thing Roeder would say...."Michael will come back better and stronger, i know that"......

Not going to make him "stronger" though is it? Sounds like the sort of thing Roeder would say...."Michael will come back better and stronger, i know that"......

To me if he has rid himself of his hamstring problems then that will make him a stronger player, maybe not performance wise but it will help in terms of he wont have to miss 6-7 games a season because of it.

To me if he has rid himself of his hamstring problems then that will make him a stronger player, maybe not performance wise but it will help in terms of he wont have to miss 6-7 games a season because of it.

I don't think he had many problems with his hamstrings at Real, that was probably due to him not playing as many games.  Getting back to the work he's been doing, I hope it works but I'm sure this sort of thing was tried at Liverpool.

TBH I am only going off what the worlds best knee surgeon said ;)

Obviously he isn't going to come back and be invicible, never catch a cold again and be completely immune from heart failure/aids/cancer etc... But if he has been working a lot specifically around the problem area his knee may be stronger than it was before the injury as he wouldn't have worked as hard before around that area. Just a guess and some vague memory of what I was told when I was coming back from ankle ligament damage.

The thing that always worries me about Owen when he comes back from these injuries is the physcological affects they have on him as he doesn't seem to the be the strongest mentally.

There will be immense pressure on Owen when he returns, but he has a lot of experience at the top... so i'm sure the last couple of games will get him in the 'zone', so that next season he will start on the same level as the other players - not saying a lot mind you!

I don't think there's any danger of Owen being sold, Shepherd wants a return on investment and it wont be getting more for him than he paid! He wants it in goals and Newcastle success... lest we forget Freddy is toon through and through and although we talk about these financial woes, he will do what he can do ensure we are scoring goals and conceding less!

Owen has stated his committment to Newcastle and I believe he is an honest player.. he's only 27 and has many years to go and hopefully in a black and white striped shirt... no not Grimsby!