Oba Hat-Trick this weekend...

KaKa

I had a bizarre dream last night that we sold Oba to Chelsea for £500m and I woke up excited (No, not like that, you filthy minded bastards!! :lol: ) about what we would spend the money on.

Dividends ;)

Watch him go this weekend...

If anyone here can name the last player to score a hattrick against Manchester City I'll eat my hat*. Doesn't happen. Won't happen. Too good at the back. :knuppel2:

*note: not really. I like my hat.

Michael Owen scored a hat trick against City once

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sportacademy/hi/sa/football/features/newsid_2288000/2288486.stm

Was it a serious question?

...Is the correct answer. No-one has scored a hattrick against us since September '02 - Keep your money in your pockets. I wouldn't have bet against Owen doing it as he always scores against us(His movement is too good for Dunne). Was getting a bit nervous about his comeback but it looks we've dodged the bullet.

PS: There will be no hat eating. 1) read the fine print. and 2) You cheated (Obviously wrote hat-trick against man city" into google). Altho I have a funny feeling my overconfidence on this matter will be leading to humble pie eating.

Nailed on!

The boy just needed a bit of a break as the games were coming thick and fast for a moment there. I think the whole squad needed one to be fair.

Anyway watch him explode this weekend!

You heard it here first.

Oba is going to go on to be what Drogba has been for Chelsea. Productive in his early seasons but seemingly lacking in technique, but as he gets more comfortbale i.e. not being the new guy, and he gets a regular partner he will become what Drogba has been this season and maybe even better.

He had a week break before the AZ away leg.  He has been in Lagos playing for his country since, so he has less of a break this time round. 

Guest Morph

Nailed on!

The boy just needed a bit of a break as the games were coming thick and fast for a moment there. I think the whole squad needed one to be fair.

You heard it here first.

Oba is going to go on to be what Drogba has been for Chelsea. Productive in his early seasons but seemingly lacking in technique, but as he gets more comfortbale i.e. not being the new guy, and he gets a regular partner he will become what Drogba has been this season and maybe even better.

:lol:

:lol:

Nailed on!

You heard it here first.

If it doesn't happen, can we get a promise you won't start any more threads?

Oba was somewhat amateurish today. Embarassment.

He's not a top player, people have to realise that. For every Spurs (?) game, foot-wrapped-around-ball scorcher, there's ten fluffed chances and poor positional runs.

Thats not to say he CAN'T become a top player at some point, but to improve he needs:

1) Better team mates alongside him than Dyer and Sib.

2) Better team mates behind him than Dyer, Duff, Parker and Emre

3) A good (i.e. different) coaching team.

4) Time.

5) Top class ability (tbc)