Three players you didn't like

Stevie

Batty - top of the list. A talented player who became more and more conservative as his career went on. Always looked busy without really taking responsibility.

Keegan - good player, but never the great one that people said. That chirpy manner always irritated me.

Robert - selfish, and once his one or two tricks had been sussed out, quite limited. Despite his high opinion of himself, it's interesting to see how his career has nose-dived since he left here.

For someone who admitted he didn't have much skill he didn't half make the most of it.  Newcastle basically played three up front with Waddle, Beardsley and Keegan.  In our promotion season at 34 I may add, Keegan 28 league goals, Beardsley 20, Waddle 18.  Aye Keegan didn't have much greatness about him and influence of younger players, he only won European Player of The Year the twice, clearly never deserved the accolades that came his way. 

Batty.  I liked Batty but that first full season under Dalglish he did my head in.  He was a much better player than anyone gave him credit for, he wasn't just a midfield stopper, his passing was faultless a lot of the time, but that 97/98 season, every pass he played was back or square.  A lot of idiots unfairly blamed him and Tino for us losing the title, they also forget he was our best player in the last 2 months.

The first player I ever remember not liking was Alan Foggon, I don't know why I went against him other than he wasn't very good.

Des Hamilton, one of the worst footballers I've seen play for the club.

I didn't like or rate Frank Clark but I was proven wrong about him after he left the club.

Tommy Cassidy, I thought he was bone idle but that may have been down to the weight that he appeared to carry.

Alan (Fanny) Gowling, I couldn't stand him.

Justin Fashanu, he didn't last long.

Mike Hooper, what a waste of money.

Shaka Hislop, another waste of money.

George Reilly, a crap forward but he did get stuck in, he just wasn't as good as Jack Charlton thought.

I couldn't stand Geoff Nulty, ugly and as boring as hell, my best mate thought he was one of the best players at the club.

Mick Harford, mackem and crap for us.

Graham Oates was never a footballer so I don't know if he's even worth a mention.

Billy Rafferty, jesus, he was crap.

Glenn Roeder, over-rated by a lot of the press because he played at U21 for England.  He spent most of his time grabbing hold of the opposition and his shuffle was embarassing.  I was watching a video of when Keegan was here as a player and it's amazing how many times Roeder was nowhere near when we were letting goals in.

Neil Macdonald, how the hell did we get money for him?

Marcelino, I think he could have done well if he'd tried, the best game he played for us was in the Rob Lee testimonial, he took some stick but played well and showed what he was capable of, parasitic b******.

Steve Caldwell for most of his time here but he deserves praise for trying to help us when we had so many injuries, even though he knew he was finished here.

Bobby Shinton, wasn't a bad footballer but couldn't score which is a bad sign for a forward.  Was he top scorer with 7 goals?  That season when he scored those goals was probably the most boring season I've seen at Newcastle.

Edit.

Glenn Keeley, he scored a brilliant diving header, pity it was in his own net.

I couldn't pick just 3 but I've gone for the worst 3 in bold.

Guest Knightrider

Didn't or don't really hate anyone or dislike anyone intensely, wouldn't waste my time on half of them that way.

Alan Shearer 04-06. Played on too long, didn't like the way he tried to make up for being past it with his elbows and whinging at refs. Not that he was especially bad, I just thought it was tragedy that such a great player was dragged down to playing like Geoff Horsefield or some other clogger. I found it very disappointing.

David Batty. Crab. Don't like crabs.

Jonathan Woodgate. Always thought it was ridiculous that people hold him in such high regard but most people wouldn't piss on Lee Bowyer if he was on fire, despite the verdicts in that trial. Always thought he was overrated too (Hardly ever saw him play for Newcastle tho, thats based on his Leeds days)

Woodgate is the best defender i've ever seen live for myself tbh. Genuine world class when fit.

true but a twat and thoroughly dislikable person after a drink,quite shy sober but a twatful person when in sniffing distance of the barmaids apron.

I heard people say loads of stuff about Woodgate off the pitch but i've never really seen him in the news for anything apart from the obvious attack he done in his Leeds days. Never really read anything since. Just hear a few people on here say stuff about him. On the other hand Dyer was never out of the papers a couple of years ago.

Guest TheOrder

Alan Shearer 04-06. Played on too long, didn't like the way he tried to make up for being past it with his elbows and whinging at refs. Not that he was especially bad, I just thought it was tragedy that such a great player was dragged down to playing like Geoff Horsefield or some other clogger. I found it very disappointing.

David Batty. Crab. Don't like crabs.

Jonathan Woodgate. Always thought it was ridiculous that people hold him in such high regard but most people wouldn't piss on Lee Bowyer if he was on fire, despite the verdicts in that trial. Always thought he was overrated too (Hardly ever saw him play for Newcastle tho, thats based on his Leeds days)

Bullshit about Shearer, like.

I always tried really really hard not to hate newcastle plyers but then bowyer came along and i just culdnt take it anymore, all my hatred came out

Dont like butt either, dont care if people think im holding a grudge, i just dont like him

Carr is def number 1 on the hate list at the moment though

As for woodgate, i can honestly say that he is without a doubt the best defender i have ever seen in a newcastle shirt (I know thats not hard) but also, i would rate him as englands best defender when he is fully fit

I heard people say loads of stuff about Woodgate off the pitch but i've never really seen him in the news for anything apart from the obvious attack he done in his Leeds days. Never really read anything since. Just hear a few people on here say stuff about him. On the other hand Dyer was never out of the papers a couple of years ago.

i've been in drinkeries when both have been there.dyer was quiet and seemed embarassed that people were staring etc.woodgate was quiet then behaved like a twat as the drinks went down.

not just a one off as i've seen it a couple of times

Guest Craig1892

Kevin Dillon - Shit footballer, soft mackem cunt

Lee Mackel - High-pitched-voiced mackem cunt (Remember him "squeeling" around the pitch against Port Vale in 91/92 season under Ardiles, fuck me, only dogs and dolphins could hear him the "my balls haven't dropped" mackem cunt.

Steve Howie - Didn't find it funny when I asked him to say "Wheez keyz are theez" the mackem cunt. Was one of the worst strikers ever seen at ST James. Still is a mackem cunt.

PS. I'm no lover of mackems like.....

Thinking about it for a moment, I've just always felt that Barton was utter s**** for the money we paid for him at the time

You're right.  It's astonishing to think when we gave Wimbledon £4m for him, he was at that point the costliest defender who had ever lived.

His first game against Coventry, we as a team were absolutely fantastic, but he, every time he got the ball lost it by playing percentage balls to no one in particular, I thought what a waste at the time.  Over his stint at the club he won me over though, through his hard work, and he did improve a little.  If some of the more talented players we have now, applied themselves 50% as much as Barton did, we'd not be f****** about in 11th.

Lay off Parker urges BartonApr 4 2007

By Alan Oliver, The Evening Chronicle

Warren Barton, who at one time was given a rough ride by the Newcastle United supporters, has appealed to the fans to lay off skipper Scott Parker.

The former United full-back was at St James' Park for Saturday's defeat by Manchester City in a new and successful role as a Sky Sports summariser - just as he will be at Bramall Lane in three days' time for the match with Sheffield United.

Barton is another Cockney by birth who is proud to be a Geordie by adoption and who still refers to Newcastle United as "we."

And speaking from his home in London, he told me today: "I could not believe it when the supporters turned on Scott Parker on Saturday.

"Nobody knows more than me that every single supporter has a right to an opinion and the right to express that opinion, but I was disappointed at what I heard on Saturday.

Story continues

ADVERTISEMENT

"For if ever a player gave 100% for Newcastle United that player is Scotty Parker. When he pulls on that black-and-white shirt he is so committed it is untrue.

"The way he flies into tackles I have to say that he is putting himself in danger of personal injury.

"And whenever things are going wrong you could put your house on the fact he is the one player who never hides.

"In my view he is a great lad and he has turned out to be great signing for my old club."

When Barton arrived at St James' Park in a £4m move from Wimbledon in the summer of 1995 he was actually the world's most expensive defender.

But he was able to joke today: "In the eyes of some Newcastle supporters I was also the world's worst defender."

Proof if ever it was needed that Oliver reads Newcastle-Online.  Get ye own stats ye prick.  He's interviewed Barton loads of times and never mentioned that before.

Anal must be pretty thick-skinned if he does read on here :lol:, he gets some terrible stick (not unjustifed it must be said)

1 - Bowyer: Twat

2 - Dyer: Twat

3 - Carr: Fat and Shit

Guest JonnyRogers

I'm someoen who judges a book by its cover, so if i don't like a player when we sign them, its rare that I end up liking them (Sibierski is the only exception I think)

so on that, its gotta be

Bowyer

Faye

Souness - OK he was a manager but still p****d me right off

Also hated Beharrel and Elliott in his second spell. Dunno why really

Guest maznislav

I think the three players that I dislike most are:

1. Bowyer, because of his attitude.

2,3 Dyer and Luque, I don't think it is necessary to explain why I dislike them :).

Guest Albert Ayler

Seen someone post earlier re. Viana, bit harsh. Decent player in all fairness, offered more to us in midfield than Bowyer or Ambrose did.

And another thing, who actually sold Viana? IIRC, he was sold last season after Souness was sacked and whilst Roeder was caretaker.

Guest sillybilly

I am in my early forties so I can pull out some beltas - believe me when I say Ameobi and  :tickedoff: are world beaters compared to George Riley and Rod or Rob McDonald. One season we had Bobby Shinton as are top goal scorer on 7 Goals ( Ahh getting stuffed off Shrewsbury and Wrexham...those were the days).... but to get up to date with yo youngins my top 3 are Emre (controversial - but if we are getting beat he decides to run into brick walls.....brainless footballer) Stephen Carr and his brother Franz Carr :blush: