Jose Mourinho - The Great Pretender

Guest Invicta_Toon

Tbh, the fact that one of the people criticizing him actually stated

All round he's a good manager, but nothing great. His defensive record is the most impressive thing, but you get judged on results, not on goals conceded.

says alot.

He's won a league title in his past three seasons. Fucking beat that man.

Can't believe some are actually agreeing with Vic. An argument could be made if all he has achieved was achieved at Chelsea. It wasn't therefore this argument is s***. How did he take a team like Porto, lead them to a UEFA Cup triumph in one season then the next, lead them to the Champions League title, beating along the way clubs like Manyoo and Chelsea. Clubs like Chelsea, whom at the time was managed by a rated Claudio Ranieri, a club that had limitless money to spend, just like they do today. He's a brilliant manager. It also shows in the fact that Lampard, Cole (Joe), Terry and Drogba have developed as players.

Terry and Lampard were brilliant under Ranieri as well. Cech was a Ranieri signing.

Lampard obviously wasn't brilliant enough to be the FA Writer's Player of the Year, and runner-up for the European Player of the Year as well as runner-up for the World Player of the Year while Ranieri was coaching him. Tbh, there should be no doubt that Mourinho is a great manager. The fact is, it's harder to win a title than it is to win a cup; it's about consistency and he's developed a ruthless consistency at Chelsea. He's won the title twice and contrary to popular opinion, the title race for this season isn't over. And Chelsea are also still in the Champions League, btw.

PS. Where did I mention Cech?

Lampard was brilliant that year under Ranieri, many would have said he was the best central midfielder in the Premier League that season. Many also said Terry was the best central defender that season. I don't listen to the player awards, Cannavaro was named world player of the year a few months ago!

Chelsea are about to lose the title to a team which plays better football under a better manager. Mourinho is a very good manager but he isn't a world class manager.

Guest Ridzuan

What are you guys talking about.Mourinho is the special one and he is the reason why Chelsea are in the position in which they sitting right now.If it wasnt for him,(and some of Roman's money,but mainly because of his great tactics),Chelsea wouldnt have been so successful over the last few seasons or so.Its going to take someone great to replace him if hes gone Im sure.

Can't believe some are actually agreeing with Vic. An argument could be made if all he has achieved was achieved at Chelsea. It wasn't therefore this argument is s***. How did he take a team like Porto, lead them to a UEFA Cup triumph in one season then the next, lead them to the Champions League title, beating along the way clubs like Manyoo and Chelsea. Clubs like Chelsea, whom at the time was managed by a rated Claudio Ranieri, a club that had limitless money to spend, just like they do today. He's a brilliant manager. It also shows in the fact that Lampard, Cole (Joe), Terry and Drogba have developed as players.

Terry and Lampard were brilliant under Ranieri as well. Cech was a Ranieri signing.

Lampard obviously wasn't brilliant enough to be the FA Writer's Player of the Year, and runner-up for the European Player of the Year as well as runner-up for the World Player of the Year while Ranieri was coaching him. Tbh, there should be no doubt that Mourinho is a great manager. The fact is, it's harder to win a title than it is to win a cup; it's about consistency and he's developed a ruthless consistency at Chelsea. He's won the title twice and contrary to popular opinion, the title race for this season isn't over. And Chelsea are also still in the Champions League, btw.

Lampard is one of the most over rated players (particularly by himself) I've ever encountered. He is decent, handy but he's also shit. And a complete prick.

Just because he's shit for England doesn't mean he's shit for Chelsea. Being a great manager is about designing a system that draws out the best in your players and hiding their weaknesses. By no means am I saying Lampard is a great player, but there's no doubting the fact that he excels in the system that Mourinho designed and the fact that his goals have been an instrumental part of why Chelsea are the reigning two-time Premiership champions.

All round he's a good manager, but nothing great. His defensive record is the most impressive thing, but you get judged on results, not on goals conceded.

says alot.

He's won a league title in his past three seasons. f****** beat that man.

With the money he's had he has nowhere to hide. You're getting on like you're shocked Chelsea won the league. Wise up.

Ranieri finished 2nd in his first season under Abramovich and he's considered an average manager. Mourinho spent a load of money improving that Ranieri side.

Lampard was brilliant that year under Ranieri, many would have said he was the best central midfielder in the Premier League that season. Many also said Terry was the best central defender that season. I don't listen to the player awards, Cannavaro was named world player of the year a few months ago!

Chelsea are about to lose the title to a team which plays better football under a better manager. Mourinho is a very good manager but he isn't a world class manager.

Therefore neither was Keegan, he's clearly shite.

Guest Alan Shearer 9

I never wanted to say this, but I have a dream where I am a professional footballer about as good as Maradona with Cruijff's right foot and I'm playing for Newcastle and on my debut we're vs Chelsea and they're 1-0 up Mourinho did his gay pumping fists celebration, I come on bing bong bash hat trick then after the game I say yeah you are the special one SPECIAL FUCKING NEEDS YOU SMARMY CUNT then I get banned for 3 years by the FA and retire prematurely. But I still got one over on him the fucking T.W.A.T.

I agree to an extent. He is a very good man manager and motivator, but in the latter stages of the Champions League he has been found wanting tactically on several occasions.

And all the best managers do at several times in their careers.  Ferguson, Capello, Hitzfeld, Benitez, could go on, have all also been found wanting in the CL at certain times, and all with brilliant teams.  Which is often over looked when people focus on a manager and want to run him down on his own.

I doubt Capello, Hitzfeld or Benitez would fail to even reach the Champions League final if they had three years with the Chelsea squad and an unlimited transfer budget.

Ifs and buts, and regardless of the amount Chelsea have spent, it's not always been on good players.  Those other managers have bought shite players too, you know, they just didn't have a minumum of £25m to bid for them.

Yes, all managers make good and bad signings, Mourinho has had significantly more money to do so than most. I'm not sure what point you're making.

I agree to an extent. He is a very good man manager and motivator, but in the latter stages of the Champions League he has been found wanting tactically on several occasions.

And all the best managers do at several times in their careers. Ferguson, Capello, Hitzfeld, Benitez, could go on, have all also been found wanting in the CL at certain times, and all with brilliant teams. Which is often over looked when people focus on a manager and want to run him down on his own.

I doubt Capello, Hitzfeld or Benitez would fail to even reach the Champions League final if they had three years with the Chelsea squad and an unlimited transfer budget.

Ifs and buts, and regardless of the amount Chelsea have spent, it's not always been on good players. Those other managers have bought shite players too, you know, they just didn't have a minumum of £25m to bid for them.

Yes, all managers make good and bad signings, Mourinho has had significantly more money to do so than most. I'm not sure what point you're making.

I think people focus too much on the money, and half the signings are fucking Roman's.

You're talking about the year Arsenal went undefeated, am I correct? The season where Patrick Vieira and co dominated almost every game they played. Lampard wasn't the best central midfielder that season, and neither was John Terry the best central defender. Honestly, Mourinho is a great manager and his RESULTS have consistently proven this FACT.

Guest Ridzuan

Theres no point spending so much money and buying so much great players if you cant get the best out of them.For Jose,it was an investment well made and he deserved every credit given to him.

Guest Alan Shearer 9

Wenger is a great manager and the season you went on about proves it. Mourinho is a puppet, Amdramocivh runs the show in reality

You're talking about the year Arsenal went undefeated, am I correct? The season where Patrick Vieira and co dominated almost every game they played. Lampard wasn't the best central midfielder that season, and neither was John Terry the best central defender. Honestly, Mourinho is a great manager and his RESULTS have consistently proven this FACT.

When he finishes 2nd this season he'll have achieved the same as Ranieri, despite spending a hell of a lot more money.

Guest Alan Shearer 9

Roeder has outwitted Mourinho on more than one occassion. This says more about Glenn than Mourinho though, he will make you pay for the slightlest misjudgement that is the sign of true genius

says alot.

He's won a league title in his past three seasons. f****** beat that man.

With the money he's had he has nowhere to hide. You're getting on like you're shocked Chelsea won the league. Wise up.

Ranieri finished 2nd in his first season under Abramovich and he's considered an average manager. Mourinho spent a load of money improving that Ranieri side.

The fact that you downplay his league titles and criticize him for not winning a cup competition, a kind of competition that you yourself stated he won by going on a lucky streak the first time around is absolutely astonishing. League titles are much harder to win than cup competitions. That's why you don't have no-name clubs winning the league yet clubs who go on a 'lucky streak', like Porto, can win the Champions League.

The fact that you downplay his league titles and criticize him for not winning a cup competition, a kind of competition that you yourself stated he won by going on a lucky streak the first time around is absolutely astonishing. League titles are much harder to win than cup competitions. That's why you don't have no-name clubs winning the league yet clubs who go on a 'lucky streak', like Porto, can win the Champions League.

I think it's about time one of us brought the ridiculous amount of money he's spent into the equation. And Ferguson's outwitted him.

Ranieri was sacked for finishing 2nd and making the Champions League semis. He also won a cup. I wouldn't be surprised if Mourinho ends up with the same this season.

Guest Ridzuan

When he finishes 2nd this season he'll have achieved the same as Ranieri, despite spending a hell of a lot more money.

Lets wait till the season end and see if he can win the champions league or the FA Cup.

Guest Alan Shearer 9

Basically having read all the comments and taking into consideration everyone's views and soforth there can only be one conclusion; MOURINHO IS SHIT. You can close the thread now, thansk.

I think it's about time one of us brought the ridiculous amount of money he's spent into the equation. And Ferguson's outwitted him.

Ranieri was sacked for finishing 2nd and making the Champions League semis. He also won a cup. I wouldn't be surprised if Mourinho ends up with the same this season.

It's not his fault his club has given him money to spend. This season could still turn out to be a historic season for Chelsea btw. One cup won, in with a shout for two more and the league is not over yet.

And anyways, even if his record is tainted by the amount of money he's spent, you're still disregarding what he did with Porto in the two previous seasons before he joined Chelsea.

Why is nothing made of the competition? Not just in England, but teams like Barcelona etc? Why does it just revert back to the money? Why does no-one take into account that because Chelsea are rich, other clubs take them for a ride up the arse? Why is nothing made of the money Man U have spent over the years? Why is "world-class" Wenger still considered the best when he's had, let's be honest, two pretty rotten seasons? I know he didn't have the money, but to go from league champions to 4th twice in two years, is pretty drastic. Why is Porto described as lucky? Was Man U/Bayern not a fucking fluke of the highest order? Where have they been since?

I could keep asking questions, but Jose had the money. :rolleyes:

Guest Ridzuan

Basically having read all the comments and taking into consideration everyone's views and soforth there can only be one conclusion; MOURINHO IS s***. You can close the thread now, thansk.

I disagree.Mourinho is not s***.He is the special one.

Guest Invicta_Toon

The point was, what has Mourinho achieved that no other half decent man motivator could not have achieved?

when the fuck has the 'special one' had to make a hard decision by himself that he couldn't fix with money?

and I haven't even started on the death threats on a FIFA referee

The point was, what has Mourinho achieved that no other half decent man motivator could not have achieved?

when the fuck has the 'special one' had to make a hard decision by himself that he couldn't fix with money?

and I haven't even started on the death threats on a FIFA referee

What half-decent motivator has won the CL?

Guest Alan Shearer 9

he's handled Shevchencko shitly and now Shevchencko is proving without doubt he is one of the best footballers of all time from the great footballing nation of Ukraine.