Jose Mourinho - The Great Pretender

Guest Invicta_Toon

Quick question Vic, if you could have any manager in the world to manage Newcastle, regardless of whether realistic or not, who would you choose?

BIG RON

Wild stab in the dark, you started this thread as you fancied a pointless row, if so, much respect, anyway, off to a pub hopefully showing the game.

Sad isn't it.

Not even on ART?

Guest Invicta_Toon

Oh right, it's just that you've now implied you wouldn't have Wenger, Mourinho or Ferguson. Not right credible are you?

what fucking relevance has any of the above shite got to do with this thread?

I shall not participate in this debate anymore.The fact is clear for all to see.Jose Mourinho is a great manager,regardless of whether its the money issue or whether he is not a good motivator.He has prove season after season that he is capable of bringing success in any club that he manage.I wish you all the best in proving that Mr.Mourinho is indeed not the special one.

you haven't participated yet

give us a situation at Chelsea where he has excelled himself as a person and made a hard decision without recourse to money or reliance on his own players?

Also as a bonus, a situation that has gone against Chelsea where he hasn't come out of it looking like a complete cunt

It's a lose-lose situation for him, isn't it?

If he spends money and wins like he's doing, people accuse of him buying the title.

If he doesn't spend the money available, people will say 'what a stupid cunt, has all that money, should buy a new LB, a new RB, a new striker etc. etc.'

He's spent money, he's won. Ranieri spent nearly £100m iirc, and he didn't win. Also, his past two titles have been won by absolutely dominating the league and running away with it. Chelsea have been a cut above the rest in the past couple of seasons and Mourinho deserves enormous credit for this.

Oh right, it's just that you've now implied you wouldn't have Wenger, Mourinho or Ferguson. Not right credible are you?

Sorry, I thought you were saying Mourinho was shit. Weren't you?

Why is nothing made of the competition?  Not just in England, but teams like Barcelona etc?  Why does it just revert back to the money?  Why does no-one take into account that because Chelsea are rich, other clubs take them for a ride up the arse?  Why is nothing made of the money Man U have spent over the years?  Why is "world-class" Wenger still considered the best when he's had, let's be honest, two pretty rotten seasons?  I know he didn't have the money, but to go from league champions to 4th twice in two years, is pretty drastic.  Why is Porto described as lucky?  Was Man U/Bayern not a f****** fluke of the highest order?  Where have they been since? 

I could keep asking questions, but Jose had the money. :rolleyes:

Yes Jose did have the money. Why are you rolling your eyes?

He took Chelsea from 2nd to 1st and he did spend a lot of money. They now look like they will finish 2nd again.

You're comparing him to Wenger who went a season unbeaten on a fraction of the budget and reached the Champions League final last season. Doesn't really help your argument.

Man Utd have spent money but have made a lot of that money through sales. Ferguson built the club up gradually and earnt that money, yet you're undermining this. He's rebuilt his Man Utd team time and time again and won the league year on year on year. Mourinho has 2 league titles but his poor transfer dealings have cost him this time IMO and once again Ferguson has took his team back to the top. Mourinho doesn't deserve more money and might not get it. It'll be interesting to see how he copes, espescially if Man Utd spend well again this summer.

Guest Invicta_Toon

I shall not participate in this debate anymore.The fact is clear for all to see.Jose Mourinho is a great manager,regardless of whether its the money issue or whether he is not a good motivator.He has prove season after season that he is capable of bringing success in any club that he manage.I wish you all the best in proving that Mr.Mourinho is indeed not the special one.

give us a situation at Chelsea where he has excelled himself as a person and made a hard decision without recourse to money or reliance on his own players?

Also as a bonus, a situation that has gone against Chelsea where he hasn't come out of it looking like a complete cunt

If he spends money and wins like he's doing it, people accuse of him buying the title.

If he doesn't spend the money available, people will say 'what a stupid cunt, has all that money, should buy a new LB, a new RB, a new striker etc. etc.'

why has he been left short in a position this season? if he is such a brilliant manager and resources are no question? What is the state of the Chelsea reserves btw? Why are they 3rd behind Reading and Watford of all clubs?

He's spent money, he's won. Ranieri spent nearly £100m iirc, and he didn't win.

the point being Ranieri wasn't a stellar confidence inspirer - read the original post

Also, his past two titles have been won by absolutely dominating the league and running away with it. Chelsea have been a cut above the rest in the past couple of seasons and Mourinho deserves enormous credit for this.

the point being, is this down to Mourhino's special mind? Could any other manager not have achieved the same given the relative state of the competition, and the fact he has free reign to even buy up and not use players that could potentially be playing for the competition?

Guest hagler

I never wanted to say this, but I have a dream where I am a professional footballer about as good as Maradona with Cruijff's right foot and I'm playing for Newcastle and on my debut we're vs Chelsea and they're 1-0 up Mourinho did his gay pumping fists celebration, I come on bing bong bash hat trick then after the game I say yeah you are the special one SPECIAL f****** NEEDS YOU SMARMY c*** then I get banned for 3 years by the FA and retire prematurely. But I still got one over on him the f****** T.W.A.T.

i agree but i would like to look like jan koller and have the left foot of ferenc puskás

Guest Invicta_Toon

I refer you to the previous post again

Also as a bonus, a situation that has gone against Chelsea where he hasn't come out of it looking like a complete c***

If he spends money and wins like he's doing, people accuse of him buying the title.

If he doesn't spend the money available, people will say 'what a stupid c***, has all that money, should buy a new LB, a new RB, a new striker etc. etc.'

He's spent money, he's won. Ranieri spent nearly £100m iirc, and he didn't win. Also, his past two titles have been won by absolutely dominating the league and running away with it. Chelsea have been a cut above the rest in the past couple of seasons and Mourinho deserves enormous credit for this.

The money he has spent raises expectations. He is expected to win the league and rightly so.

He did a good job winning the league but it's not an incredible achievement for the richest club in the world to win a league title and it's certainly not amazing if they finish 2nd. Like I say, a good manager but not world class.

I asked you an off-topic question, I made that clear. You chose to be 'funny' about it and avoided the question.

Excuse me if consequently I don't take your posts seriously.

Guest Invicta_Toon

I asked you an off-topic question, I made that clear. You chose to be 'funny' about it and avoided the question.

Excuse me if consequently I don't take your posts seriously.

you are excused. Don't do it again

So what, in your opinion, would he have to do to be classified as 'world class'? And who, in your opinion, is of this 'worldly' class?

He needs to win the league back to back for a few years yet. Reason being that the money he has will always be a major factor in his team's success, how you can try and ignore that I don't know.

You're getting on like I'm saying Mourinho is a poor manager. Winning the league as the richest team is not a spectacular achievement and this season has put doubts in my mind about his ability to compete with the top managers if he didn't have the budget he has. I never understood his obsession with Ashley Cole or his failure to replace Gallas, I think it has come back to haunt him.

In my book Wenger and Ferguson are world class managers. I also think Benitez is a better manager than Mourinho.

So what, in your opinion, would he have to do to be classified as 'world class'? And who, in your opinion, is of this 'worldly' class?

He needs to win the league back to back for a few years yet. Reason being that the money he has will always be a major factor in his team's success, how you can try and ignore that I don't know.

In my book Wenger and Ferguson are world class managers. I also think Benitez is a better manager than Mourinho.

I'm not ignoring the fact that he's had money. I'm just concentrating on the fact that he's actually won it twice in a row already, and his achievements with Porto cannot be dismissed by people with this same claim. He did win the UEFA Cup title with them, and then followed that up by winning the Champions League title. There's no disputing that.

I like Benitez alot and think he's one of the most tactically astute managers out there, but we'll see next season when he has the money, we'll see whether he's as good as many people make him out to be. If he doesn't win the title, I'm reviving this thread :razz:

Guest Invicta_Toon

I'm not ignoring the fact that he's had money. I'm just concentrating on the fact that he's actually won it twice in a row already, and his achievements with Porto cannot be dismissed by people with this same claim.

I like Benitez alot and think he's one of the most tactically astute managers out there, but we'll see next season when he has the money, we'll see whether he's as good as many people make him out to be. If he doesn't win the title, I'm reviving this thread :razz:

come off it. There's a world of difference between having the money, and having the money to be able to buy the competition, and not give two fucks if you end up paying millions for a Duff (:lol:) buy, and especially if you don't even need to sell said shit buys.

Couldn't be arsed to read through this thread so its probably been mentioned but ManU haven't exactly built their team on a shoestring budget.

It's their own money though; they earnt it.

I'm not ignoring the fact that he's had money. I'm just concentrating on the fact that he's actually won it twice in a row already, and his achievements with Porto cannot be dismissed by people with this same claim.

Well I honestly believe Chelsea's title challenge next season will depend on how much money Mourinho is given (if he's still there). Liverpool, Arsenal and Man Utd are bound to strengthen.

Why is nothing made of the competition?  Not just in England, but teams like Barcelona etc?  Why does it just revert back to the money?  Why does no-one take into account that because Chelsea are rich, other clubs take them for a ride up the arse?  Why is nothing made of the money Man U have spent over the years?  Why is "world-class" Wenger still considered the best when he's had, let's be honest, two pretty rotten seasons?  I know he didn't have the money, but to go from league champions to 4th twice in two years, is pretty drastic.  Why is Porto described as lucky?  Was Man U/Bayern not a f****** fluke of the highest order?  Where have they been since? 

I could keep asking questions, but Jose had the money. :rolleyes:

Yes Jose did have the money. Why are you rolling your eyes?

He took Chelsea from 2nd to 1st and he did spend a lot of money. They now look like they will finish 2nd again.

You're comparing him to Wenger who went a season unbeaten on a fraction of the budget and reached the Champions League final last season. Doesn't really help your argument.

Man Utd have spent money but have made a lot of that money through sales. Ferguson built the club up gradually and earnt that money, yet you're undermining this. He's rebuilt his Man Utd team time and time again and won the league year on year on year. Mourinho has 2 league titles but his poor transfer dealings have cost him this time IMO and once again Ferguson has took his team back to the top. Mourinho doesn't deserve more money and might not get it. It'll be interesting to see how he copes, espescially if Man Utd spend well again this summer.

Why is Mourinho not allowed to build a team?  How can someone be expected to "build" a team in such a short time?  Besides, didn't do too badly eh?  But mest be trebles all round.  Why must he win everything, each year, just because he has more money than everyone else?  Was this expected of Man U a decade ago?  Were people then writing off Ferguson's prior acheivements because he only managed to qualify for the UEFA cup one year?  That is, despite having spent considerable amounts of money the seasons in and around that? 

I'm not trying to be ridiculous, but when you write off his Porto acheivements due to luck, then ignore the fact Man U were extremely luck themselves to win their one and only CL, and still hold Fergie up (I'm not knocking him, I'm using your standards on him, although you're choosing to apply them only to Mourinho), I think that's harsh.

Mourinho has to try and strike a balance.  Does he buy the best players in every position?  Well no, he said he wouldn't at the start, he wanted to build a team.  However, it steamrollered everyone, he lifted the bar, and the rest have simply caught up.  Every manager has a blip season, the very best of them.  Far too much is made of the money, it's just not as simple as that.

come off it. There's a world of difference between having the money, and having the money to be able to buy the competition, and not give two fucks if you end up paying millions for a Duff (:lol:) buy, and especially if you don't even need to sell said shit buys.

£40m will be enough to strengthen a team with the likes of Carragher, Alonso, Crouch and Gerrard, don't you think?