Jose Mourinho - The Great Pretender

Guest Invicta_Toon

Guest Invicta_Toon

stop spamming the board

Niiiiiiiiice onnnnnnnne! I'm stumped for a comeback!

still posted though didn't you?

Guest IHateBoro

stop spamming the board

Niiiiiiiiice onnnnnnnne! I'm stumped for a comeback!

still posted though didn't you?

No.

Oh wait, yes. I did. Was that a pointless rhetorical question? It surely was...

Vic's 'say the opposite of what everyone else thinks just to get attention' act is getting old to be honest.

This man speaks the truth.

Agreed. Sad thing is its not even new, other posters have been doing it for ages.

Vic's 'say the opposite of what everyone else thinks just to get attention' act is getting old to be honest.

This man speaks the truth.

Agreed. Sad thing is its not even new, other posters have been doing it for ages.

cant he be banned? we could ask no.10 if they'll do a government petition.

Guest Invicta_Toon

this is total shit btw.

Just because I'm not the sort of mong to post 'this' or 'I agree' after people's posts, you come to this GCSE psychology conclusion. I don't care what you think my motives are, if you think I waste my time posting opinions that I don't actually believe you're sadder than you come across tbh

I only post if there is something worthwhile saying, i.e. I don't agree with someone. Look up the definition of 'forum' if you have difficulty with this concept. If you want to wade through 20 posts of universal agreement, piss off somewhere else like Toontastic.

As for this thread, disagreeing what everyone else says? If you actually bother to read the thread form the beginning, rather than acting like a 12 year old, you will see there is some agreement with me, until the one dimensional mongs like Stevie and HTT waded in with their simpleton interpretations of the post, and you decided to add your weighty opinions (like they weren't already obvious the last 20 times you've pulled this pathetic shit). Also noted PM, who only seems to bother posting at these times nowadays, what the fuck is that about, is he a sockpuppet of yours or something?

this is total s*** btw.

Just because I'm not the sort of mong to post 'this' or 'I agree' after people's posts, you come to this GCSE psychology conclusion. I don't care what you think my motives are, if you think I waste my time posting opinions that I don't actually believe you're sadder than you come across tbh

I only post if there is something worthwhile saying, i.e. I don't agree with someone. Look up the definition of 'forum' if you have difficulty with this concept. If you want to wade through 20 posts of universal agreement, piss off somewhere else like Toontastic.

As for this thread, disagreeing what everyone else says? If you actually bother to read the thread form the beginning, rather than acting like a 12 year old, you will see there is some agreement with me, until the one dimensional mongs like Stevie and HTT waded in with their simpleton interpretations of the post, and you decided to add your weighty opinions (like they weren't already obvious the last 20 times you've pulled this pathetic s***). Also noted PM, who only seems to bother posting at these times nowadays, what the f*** is that about, is he a sockpuppet of yours or something?

As a c*** who's been banned enough times, I don't want to see anyone banned.  We all have our opinions about people, there's some we like and some we don't.  One thing that unifies everyone on this board is the shared understanding of what a boring, dense, clueless c*** this lad is.  I'm not advocating banning him, just I think if someone knows where he lives shoot him, pm me and I'll give you £50 if you pm me.  I see no point to him living.  Any time I come on Newcastle Online, he's on here, the kid is fuckin 24 years of age, by the amount of time he spends on here, I'd say he has no friends and never goes out at the weekend.  Maybe murdering him is a bit much, but he spoils the board tbh.... I don't mind anyone having conflicting views to myself, but it's evident this kid doesn't have a clue, and does it for childish, aren't I different reasons.   It's really becoming a waste of time posting on threads he posts on, he never does enough to get banned, but is a c*** on everyone.  I guarantee if any one of you met him in person, he'd be meek as f***.

Tosser.

this is total s*** btw.

As for this thread, disagreeing what everyone else says? If you actually bother to read the thread form the beginning, rather than acting like a 12 year old, you will see there is some agreement with me, until the one dimensional mongs like Stevie and HTT waded in with their simpleton interpretations of the post, and you decided to add your weighty opinions (like they weren't already obvious the last 20 times you've pulled this pathetic s***). Also noted PM, who only seems to bother posting at these times nowadays, what the f*** is that about, is he a sockpuppet of yours or something?

As a c*** who's been banned enough times, I don't want to see anyone banned.  We all have our opinions about people, there's some we like and some we don't.  One thing that unifies everyone on this board is the shared understanding of what a boring, dense, clueless c*** this lad is.  I'm not advocating banning him, just I think if someone knows where he lives shoot him, pm me and I'll give you £50 if you pm me.  I see no point to him living.  Any time I come on Newcastle Online, he's on here, the kid is fuckin 24 years of age, by the amount of time he spends on here, I'd say he has no friends and never goes out at the weekend.  Maybe murdering him is a bit much, but he spoils the board tbh.... I don't mind anyone having conflicting views to myself, but it's evident this kid doesn't have a clue, and does it for childish, aren't I different reasons.  It's really becoming a waste of time posting on threads he posts on, he never does enough to get banned, but is a c*** on everyone.  I guarantee if any one of you met him in person, he'd be meek as f***.

Tosser.

this. :lol:

this is total s*** btw.

As a c*** who's been banned enough times, I don't want to see anyone banned.  We all have our opinions about people, there's some we like and some we don't.  One thing that unifies everyone on this board is the shared understanding of what a boring, dense, clueless c*** this lad is.  I'm not advocating banning him, just I think if someone knows where he lives shoot him, pm me and I'll give you £50 if you pm me.  I see no point to him living.  Any time I come on Newcastle Online, he's on here, the kid is fuckin 24 years of age, by the amount of time he spends on here, I'd say he has no friends and never goes out at the weekend.  Maybe murdering him is a bit much, but he spoils the board tbh.... I don't mind anyone having conflicting views to myself, but it's evident this kid doesn't have a clue, and does it for childish, aren't I different reasons.   It's really becoming a waste of time posting on threads he posts on, he never does enough to get banned, but is a c*** on everyone.  I guarantee if any one of you met him in person, he'd be meek as f***.

Tosser.

:D

Guest Invicta_Toon

I would disagree with Stevie's post, but I don't want to be labeled as being contrary for the sake of it

I wish I was like Stevie, and people actually believed my opinions were my own, such as the only thing that matters about a football clubs is number of fans, that Geordies are the best people in the world but this is defined by current postcode, that Everton are a shitter club than NUFC, and that he is of 'above average intelligence'. Sad thing he, he talks shite

this is total s*** btw.

Tosser.

Sorry I have to disagree!

He is 28 isn't he?

Guest Invicta_Toon

this is total s*** btw.

Tosser.

Sorry I have to disagree!

you can't. not allowed. sorry.

look I don't make the rules alright, but all I know is, with talk like that you are about to be savaged by a bunch of nomarks who hardly ever post any opinion, contrary or not

So your theory is that Jose Mourinho is not a great coach or manager but merely a superb motivator.  Your supporting points, as lined out in the first post:

1. he inherited the spine of a good team

So he did.  He still has to know what to do with it. 

2. he's had the luxury of signing anyone he wants, and more importantly he hasn't suffered for bad buys, or even had to sell them (Duff, SWP)

Almost anyone he wants.  And any manager building a team with lots of money without a good idea of the direction, tactics and play style wouldn't succeed no matter how much money is thrown at it.  See: Souness, Graeme. 

3. he needs no special skill to persuade anybody to sign

I suppose that depends on whether or not you think footballers want to play or if they want a paycheck for sitting on the bench.

4. the young buys he has made have been found out (Mikel)

[TABLE]

[TR][TD]OPPONENT[/TD][TD]  TIME[/TD][TD]GOALS[/TD][TD]ASSISTS[/TD][/TR]

[TR][TD]Man City[/TD][TD]On 83 MIN[/TD][TD]0[/TD][TD]0[/TD][/TR]

[TR][TD]Blackburn[/TD][TD]On 88 MIN[/TD][TD]0[/TD][TD]0[/TD][/TR]

[TR][TD]Charlton[/TD][TD]On 86 MIN[/TD][TD]0[/TD][TD]0[/TD][/TR]

[TR][TD]Fulham[/TD][TD]On 76 MIN[/TD][TD]0[/TD][TD]0[/TD][/TR]

[TR][TD]Reading[/TD][TD]Started[/TD][TD]0[/TD][TD]0[/TD][/TR]

[TR][TD]West Ham[/TD][TD]On 83 MIN[/TD][TD]0[/TD][TD]0[/TD][/TR]

[TR][TD]Bolton[/TD][TD]On 90 MIN[/TD][TD]0[/TD][TD]0[/TD][/TR]

[TR][TD]Wigan[/TD][TD]On 79 MIN[/TD][TD]0[/TD][TD]0[/TD][/TR]

[TR][TD]Reading[/TD][TD]On 70 MIN[/TD][TD]0[/TD][TD]0[/TD][/TR]

[TR][TD]Aston Villa[/TD][TD]On 75 MIN[/TD][TD]0[/TD][TD]0[/TD][/TR]

[TR][TD]Wigan[/TD][TD]On 82 MIN[/TD][TD]0[/TD][TD]1[/TD][/TR]

[TR][TD]Liverpool[/TD][TD]Off 73 MIN[/TD][TD]0[/TD][TD]0[/TD][/TR]

[TR][TD]Blackburn[/TD][TD]Off 87 MIN[/TD][TD]0[/TD][TD]1[/TD][/TR]

[TR][TD]Charlton[/TD][TD]Off 75 MIN[/TD][TD]0[/TD][TD]0[/TD][/TR]

[TR][TD]Watford[/TD][TD]On 58 MIN[/TD][TD]0[/TD][TD]0[/TD][/TR]

[TR][TD]Tottenham[/TD][TD]Off 83 MIN[/TD][TD]0[/TD][TD]1[/TD][/TR]

[/TABLE]

530 minutes played this season, 3 assists, 0 goals.  Found out for being inconsistently picked and having that show in his results?

5. he came out of the Cole saga smelling of roses, somehow making Arsenal the villain

How is this a negative?  Or indicative of him being solely a confidence merchant and not a great coach/manager?  Are you saying a good manager/coach would have come out looking like the villain?

6. he's had no real competition - the first time a team has got their act together in the Prem he's been found wanting

Manchester United have gotten on like a house on fire this season.  Chelsea are still only 3 points behind. 

7. the team itself needs no tactical direction, these players are good enough to know how to play to a system and grind out results

So if they're good enough to play without a manager, what does his inspiring confidence have to do with anything in this regard?

8. the first time he's had to adapt to injuries he's moaned like a cunt and been found wanting again

Fair point. 

9. the first time he's had to accommodate players that don't fit he's found wanting

I ... don't get what you're saying.  Take Mancini, Hitzfeld or Ferguson, have them build a system then force them to put someone in who doesn't fit into it.  Chelsea have still done well.

10. All he is a confidence and self belief mechanism for a self sufficient team with no money limits,

A self sufficient team would not need an outside confidence and self-belief mechanism.  This is my main bone with what you're saying.  If they could play without him they would.  He's constantly on the sidelines shouting tactics and yelling at his players. 

11. with along with having the negative aspects of being an arrogant cock and ungracious in defeat.

Irrelevant to the discussion, but show me a league winning manager who isn't. 

12. You could just as well give Big Ron that job, he'd do just as well.

:angel:

I'm not convinced. 

Guest Invicta_Toon

So your theory is that Jose Mourinho is not a great coach or manager but merely a superb motivator.  Your supporting points, as lined out in the first post:

1. he inherited the spine of a good team

So he did.  He still has to know what to do with it.  and you class this quality as marking him out as a great manager? Pretty sure most managers would know how to organise Terry and Lampard

2. he's had the luxury of signing anyone he wants, and more importantly he hasn't suffered for bad buys, or even had to sell them (Duff, SWP)

Almost anyone he wants.  And any manager building a team with lots of money without a good idea of the direction, tactics and play style wouldn't succeed no matter how much money is thrown at it.  See: Souness, Graeme.  you honeslty saying Souness had the ability to sign alomost any player for any position? Don't think so

3. he needs no special skill to persuade anybody to sign

I suppose that depends on whether or not you think footballers want to play or if they want a paycheck for sitting on the bench.not sure what you mean. he has bought plenty players willing to bench warm, with no pressure to use them, just buy a replacement if they don't perform when needed. Contrast with what Roeder has to do to persuade anyone half decent to come here

4. the young buys he has made have been found out (Mikel)

[TABLE]

[TR][TD]OPPONENT[/TD][TD]  TIME[/TD][TD]GOALS[/TD][TD]ASSISTS[/TD][/TR]

[TR][TD]Man City[/TD][TD]On 83 MIN[/TD][TD]0[/TD][TD]0[/TD][/TR]

[TR][TD]Blackburn[/TD][TD]On 88 MIN[/TD][TD]0[/TD][TD]0[/TD][/TR]

[TR][TD]Charlton[/TD][TD]On 86 MIN[/TD][TD]0[/TD][TD]0[/TD][/TR]

[TR][TD]Fulham[/TD][TD]On 76 MIN[/TD][TD]0[/TD][TD]0[/TD][/TR]

[TR][TD]Reading[/TD][TD]Started[/TD][TD]0[/TD][TD]0[/TD][/TR]

[TR][TD]West Ham[/TD][TD]On 83 MIN[/TD][TD]0[/TD][TD]0[/TD][/TR]

[TR][TD]Bolton[/TD][TD]On 90 MIN[/TD][TD]0[/TD][TD]0[/TD][/TR]

[TR][TD]Wigan[/TD][TD]On 79 MIN[/TD][TD]0[/TD][TD]0[/TD][/TR]

[TR][TD]Reading[/TD][TD]On 70 MIN[/TD][TD]0[/TD][TD]0[/TD][/TR]

[TR][TD]Aston Villa[/TD][TD]On 75 MIN[/TD][TD]0[/TD][TD]0[/TD][/TR]

[TR][TD]Wigan[/TD][TD]On 82 MIN[/TD][TD]0[/TD][TD]1[/TD][/TR]

[TR][TD]Liverpool[/TD][TD]Off 73 MIN[/TD][TD]0[/TD][TD]0[/TD][/TR]

[TR][TD]Blackburn[/TD][TD]Off 87 MIN[/TD][TD]0[/TD][TD]1[/TD][/TR]

[TR][TD]Charlton[/TD][TD]Off 75 MIN[/TD][TD]0[/TD][TD]0[/TD][/TR]

[TR][TD]Watford[/TD][TD]On 58 MIN[/TD][TD]0[/TD][TD]0[/TD][/TR]

[TR][TD]Tottenham[/TD][TD]Off 83 MIN[/TD][TD]0[/TD][TD]1[/TD][/TR]

[/TABLE]

530 minutes played this season, 3 assists, 0 goals.  Found out for being inconsistently picked and having that show in his results? what's your point? If anything this proves my point, he went out of his way to buy shite, but he obviously thought he was good

5. he came out of the Cole saga smelling of roses, somehow making Arsenal the villain

How is this a negative?  Or indicative of him being solely a confidence merchant and not a great coach/manager?  Are you saying a good manager/coach would have come out looking like the villain? anyone can see he was complicit in the affair, which makes him a cunt in my book tbh. Would you not have any complaints if he did the same to Martins? A good managaer wouldn't take this approach to get players

6. he's had no real competition - the first time a team has got their act together in the Prem he's been found wanting

Manchester United have gotten on like a house on fire this season.  Chelsea are still only 3 points behind.we'll see shall we. No coincidence the fightback has come with returning players, not due to anything Murhinho has changed 

7. the team itself needs no tactical direction, these players are good enough to know how to play to a system and grind out results

So if they're good enough to play without a manager, what does his inspiring confidence have to do with anything in this regard?ability is not the same as motivation

8. the first time he's had to adapt to injuries he's moaned like a cunt and been found wanting again

Fair point. 

9. the first time he's had to accommodate players that don't fit he's found wanting

I ... don't get what you're saying.  Take Mancini, Hitzfeld or Ferguson, have them build a system then force them to put someone in who doesn't fit into it.  Chelsea have still done well. he tried to jam the players into an innapropriate system, to no effect. I don't recall Ferguson having to do the same, rather he would change the team to suit the players, or even better drop 'superstar' players for the good of the club

10. All he is a confidence and self belief mechanism for a self sufficient team with no money limits,

A self sufficient team would not need an outside confidence and self-belief mechanism.  This is my main bone with what you're saying.  If they could play without him they would.  He's constantly on the sidelines shouting tactics and yelling at his players.  like I say, don't confuse ability for motivation

11. with along with having the negative aspects of being an arrogant cock and ungracious in defeat.

Irrelevant to the discussion, but show me a league winning manager who isn't. he takes it to a whole new level of cuntdom

12. You could just as well give Big Ron that job, he'd do just as well.

:angel:

I'm not convinced. 

Ranieri was a good manager for Chelsea, took his Chelsea side to the same level as Sir Bobby took us, yet when he was given unlimited funds, he looked clueless and out of his depth, despite Chelsea finishing 2nd in the Premiership. He made poor signings in key positions (Mutu, Crespo), didnt know what his best team was, didnt know what system to play, and most of all, couldnt handle the pressure/expectancy that came with that level of funding.

Mourinho, on the other hand, is for all we know one of the few managers capable of handling that pressure and expectancy because of his self belief and arrogance, on top of being able to build a side to a system he wants to play, and knowing what his best team is, ie making the right decisions for the most part (expensive flops happen with every manager, its the main signings they get right). Hes had them winning titles back to back, something which is probably alot harder than it seems on paper. Look at Sven Goran at Lazio, having spent over 100mill to win Serie A, spending more the following summer, then watching his expensively assembled side crash and burn in all competitions and being on the verge of getting axed before our FA came knocking at his door. Combine this ability to win with big funding, which clearly not all managers can do, as well as his success with Porto, and its hard to paint a picture of anything other than a top class manager.

Ranieri was a good manager for Chelsea, took his Chelsea side to the same level as Sir Bobby took us, yet when he was given unlimited funds, he looked clueless and out of his depth, despite Chelsea finishing 2nd in the Premiership. He made poor signings, didnt know what his best team was, didnt know what system to play, and most of all, couldnt handle the pressure/expectancy that came with that level of funding.

Mourinho, on the other hand, is for all we know one of the few managers capable of handling that pressure and expectancy because of his self belief and arrogance, on top of being able to build a side to a system he wants to play, and knowing what his best team is, ie making the right decisions for the most part (expensive flops happen with every manager). Hes had them winning titles back to back, something which is probably alot harder than it seems on paper. Look at Sven Goran at Lazio, having spent over 100mill to win Serie A, spending more the following summer, then watching his expensively assembled side crash and burn in all competitions and being on the verge of getting axed before our FA came knocking at his door.

To be fair.... Lazio's results only became bad when Sven said he'll leave for the England job at the end of the season. That's how i remember it anyway.

To be fair.... Lazio's results only became bad when Sven said he'll leave for the England job at the end of the season. That's how i remember it anyway.

Definately remember it being the other way round, to an extent. His Lazio side had already crashed out of the CL group stages playing shiite against shiite opposition, they were struggling in Serie A, 6th iirc and way off the front pack, before Crozier and co signed him up. He was supposed to stay on until the end of the season, but results became even worse - hence his resignation mid way through the season and taking the England job earlier than planned.

Maybe he was tapped up early on long before the announcement was made, but I certainly remember alot of reports at the time, eg Football Italia, stating that he took the job because his future looked so uncertain with Lazio. Our FA were desperate for a continental manager with a long CV to take the job, Svenn was the only one who wanted it as no manager at a top domestic club in Serie A/Premiership/La Liga would take the job - unless they were about to be sacked.

and you class this quality as marking him out as a great manager? Pretty sure most managers would know how to organise Terry and Lampard Getting the best out of a player of any skill level involves more than playing them in the right position and "encouraging" them.

you honestly saying Souness had the ability to sign almost any player for any position? Don't think so I was actually making a different point, but answer me this: how does the ability to sign almost any player necessarily make him just a bad-to-average manager and a good motivator, as is your point?  Or was that a pointless dig on your part?

not sure what you mean. he has bought plenty players willing to bench warm, with no pressure to use them, just buy a replacement if they don't perform when needed. Contrast with what Roeder has to do to persuade anyone half decent to come here I don't understand why Duff who was, at the time, one of the highest rated wingers in the prem, would decide to come here then?

what's your point? If anything this proves my point, he went out of his way to buy shite, but he obviously thought he was good He bought a 19 year old who has played on and off in a team with not a consistent lineup.  If anything, this proves that he hasn't had any real opportunity to prove himself. 

anyone can see he was complicit in the affair, which makes him a cunt in my book tbh. Would you not have any complaints if he did the same to Martins? A good manager wouldn't take this approach to get players At the end of the day was he charged with anything?  No.  Being a cunt doesn't make him guilty, no matter how much you don't like him.  Also positing hypotheticals doesn't back your case. 

we'll see shall we. No coincidence the fightback has come with returning players, not due to anything Murhinho has changed The "fightback" has been 8 wins in a row now without a goal conceded.  There have been players out and shuffled about all this time. 

ability is not the same as motivation Football isn't that simple is it?  You can't just say "here's loads of ability, all we need now is motivation".  Except that's exactly what you are saying -- all that ability needs to succeed is motivation.  There's so much more to it. 

he tried to jam the players into an inappropriate system, to no effect. I don't recall Ferguson having to do the same, rather he would change the team to suit the players, or even better drop 'superstar' players for the good of the club The entire team at the time was build around a 4-5-1/4-3-3 with Drogba up  front.  Shifting back to a 4-4-2 with Shevchenko has taken time but they're not doing that badly with it tbh. 

Guest Invicta_Toon

and you class this quality as marking him out as a great manager? Pretty sure most managers would know how to organise Terry and Lampard Getting the best out of a player of any skill level involves more than playing them in the right position and "encouraging" them.

you honestly saying Souness had the ability to sign almost any player for any position? Don't think so I was actually making a different point, but answer me this: how does the ability to sign almost any player necessarily make him just a bad-to-average manager and a good motivator, as is your point?  Or was that a pointless dig on your part?

not sure what you mean. he has bought plenty players willing to bench warm, with no pressure to use them, just buy a replacement if they don't perform when needed. Contrast with what Roeder has to do to persuade anyone half decent to come here I don't understand why Duff who was, at the time, one of the highest rated wingers in the prem, would decide to come here then?

what's your point? If anything this proves my point, he went out of his way to buy shite, but he obviously thought he was good He bought a 19 year old who has played on and off in a team with not a consistent lineup.  If anything, this proves that he hasn't had any real opportunity to prove himself. 

anyone can see he was complicit in the affair, which makes him a cunt in my book tbh. Would you not have any complaints if he did the same to Martins? A good manager wouldn't take this approach to get players At the end of the day was he charged with anything?  No.  Being a cunt doesn't make him guilty, no matter how much you don't like him.  Also positing hypotheticals doesn't back your case. 

we'll see shall we. No coincidence the fightback has come with returning players, not due to anything Murhinho has changed The "fightback" has been 8 wins in a row now without a goal conceded.  There have been players out and shuffled about all this time. 

ability is not the same as motivation Football isn't that simple is it?  You can't just say "here's loads of ability, all we need now is motivation".  Except that's exactly what you are saying -- all that ability needs to succeed is motivation.  There's so much more to it. 

he tried to jam the players into an inappropriate system, to no effect. I don't recall Ferguson having to do the same, rather he would change the team to suit the players, or even better drop 'superstar' players for the good of the club The entire team at the time was build around a 4-5-1/4-3-3 with Drogba up  front.  Shifting back to a 4-4-2 with Shevchenko has taken time but they're not doing that badly with it tbh. 

you keep alluding to this 'someting else' that he brings to the table. Well what is it?

you keep alluding to this 'someting else' that he brings to the table. Well what is it?

My points aren't on trial here, yours are.  You bring up a point, you defend it.  So far all you've shown the ability to do is pose questions and not answer them.