Jose Mourinho - The Great Pretender

Guest Invicta_Toon

Guest Invicta_Toon

seriously, what the f*** has he done, apart from inspire confidence?

he inherited the spine of a good team, he's had the luxury of signing anyone he wants, and more importantly he hasn't suffered for bad buys, or even had to sell them (Duff, SWP), he needs no special skill to persuade anybody to sign, the young buy's he has made have been found out (Mikel), he came out of the Cole saga smelling of roses, somehow making Arsenal the villain, he's had no real competition - the first time a team has got their act together in the Prem he's been found wanting, the team itself needs no tactical direction, these players are good enough to know how to play to a system and grind out results, the first time he's had to adapt to injuries he's moanded like a c*** and been found wanting again, the first time he's had to accomodate players that don't fit the's found wanting

All he is a confidence and self belief mechanism for a self sufficient team with no money limits, with along with having the negative aspects of being an arrogant cock and ingracious in defeat. You could just aswell give Big Ron that job, he'd do just aswell.

:D You just keep getting better and better, another classic from the internets most clueless c***.

wouldn't be surprised if the point of the post eluded your intellectual abilities steve. Don't feel bad if you feel everyone else is ahead of you in the class, you can't help it tbh

Oh dear :D

you finished?

He needs to come here, sort us out, win a couple of trophies and tell the world to fuk right off, because if he did that, there couldn't be a fuking soul in the world who could doubt him as a manager.

A change is needed for him, its a damn shame he'll head to another big club dealing he should try roughing it out here and become a hero for life, the go back off to manage the biggest of them all.

He needs to come here, sort us out, win a couple of trophies and tell the world to fuk right off, because if he did that, there couldn't be a fuking soul in the world who could doubt him as a manager.

A change is needed for him, its a damn shame he'll head to another big club dealing he should try roughing it out here and become a hero for life, the go back off to manage the biggest of them all.

Sad that Robson tried to bring him here as his assistant, but plumped for Mick Wadsworth in the end.  I read somewhere Robson said Jose could be his right hand man for two years, then he'd be given the managers role, Mourinho knowing Robson's love of the game knew that SBR wouldn't just chuck it, so knocked the job back.

Newcastle is a big job, you get decent money to spend and the infrastructure is there for us to compete.

seriously, what the f*** has he done, apart from inspire confidence?

he inherited the spine of a good team, he's had the luxury of signing anyone he wants, and more importantly he hasn't suffered for bad buys, or even had to sell them (Duff, SWP), he needs no special skill to persuade anybody to sign, the young buy's he has made have been found out (Mikel), he came out of the Cole saga smelling of roses, somehow making Arsenal the villain, he's had no real competition - the first time a team has got their act together in the Prem he's been found wanting, the team itself needs no tactical direction, these players are good enough to know how to play to a system and grind out results, the first time he's had to adapt to injuries he's moanded like a c*** and been found wanting again, the first time he's had to accomodate players that don't fit the's found wanting

All he is a confidence and self belief mechanism for a self sufficient team with no money limits, with along with having the negative aspects of being an arrogant cock and ingracious in defeat. You could just aswell give Big Ron that job, he'd do just aswell.

:D You just keep getting better and better, another classic from the internets most clueless c***.

wouldn't be surprised if the point of the post eluded your intellectual abilities steve. Don't feel bad if you feel everyone else is ahead of you in the class, you can't help it tbh

Oh dear :D

you finished?

I don't know about him, but I have, all over your dirty thread.

Sad that Robson tried to bring him here as his assistant, but plumped for Mick Wadsworth in the end.  I read somewhere Robson said Jose could be his right hand man for two years, then he'd be given the managers role, Mourinho knowing Robson's love of the game knew that SBR wouldn't just chuck it, so knocked the job back.

Newcastle is a big job, you get decent money to spend and the infrastructure is there for us to compete.

We could afford him. Chelsea will sack him or move him on for nowt. So we offer him £100k pw (its what Owen's getting so fuk it, i know which one i'd rather have at this club) and massive bonus' for wining trophies. A structured budget, and let him do his magic.

The buzz around this place would carry us to 4th place by itself tbh.

Guest Invicta_Toon

I don't see how anyone could doubt Mourinho's quality as a manager. His track record speaks for itself.

fucking hell I can't believe people are looking at this so simplisticly

I guess the general level of intelligence is more along the lines of Stevie around here

Fine, if you want to attribute the trophies he's won at Chelsea (for the last fucking time I don't give a shit about Porto), that's fine

All I'm saying is, look at how he's fared the first time he's had to deal with a selection pressure, the first time another team has come close to matching his team (is he responsible for how well they football or something? do people really believe him when he says he made John Terry?), the buys he has made without resorting to cherry picking already established talent, the way he has dealt with not having the world's 2 first choice players in a certain position etc etc

If people can only see the trophies, without seeing the wider picture, that's fine...

Me, I prefer to look at the situations where he has actually had to do what other managers do, and actually make decisions.

Guest Morph

I don't see how anyone could doubt Mourinho's quality as a manager. His track record speaks for itself.

f****** hell I can't believe people are looking at this so simplisticly

I guess the general level of intelligence is more along the lines of Stevie around here

Fine, if you want to attribute the trophies he's won at Chelsea (for the last f****** time I don't give a s*** about Porto), that's fine

All I'm saying is, look at how he's fared the first time he's had to deal with a selection pressure, the first time another team has come close to matching his team (is he responsible for how well they football or something? do people really believe him when he says he made John Terry?), the buys he has made without resorting to cherry picking already established talent, the way he has dealt with not having the world's 2 first choice players in a certain position etc etc

If people can only see the trophies, without seeing the wider picture, that's fine...

Me, I prefer to look at the situations where he has actually had to do what other managers do, and actually make decisions.

No need to be so arrogant about everyone elses views.

Guest Invicta_Toon

f****** hell I can't believe people are looking at this so simplisticly

Fine, if you want to attribute the trophies he's won at Chelsea (for the last f****** time I don't give a s*** about Porto), that's fine

No need to be so arrogant about everyone elses views.

"I don't see how anyone could doubt Mourinho's quality"

but whatever...

Guest Knightrider

You don't even need to check his CV to see that he is indeed a top manager, just look at his personal skills and he ticks all the boxes. People also forget he is quite young still and others have many years on him. Yes he's had a shit load of money to spend but that's the easy part of managing, getting those players performing to high standards week in week out, building team spirit, motivating them, instilling confidence and a winning mentality, getting the very best out of each individual and collectively as a team - all those things are not so easy, as all those managers who don't win things will tell you.

BTW what is Vic's point in this thread?

As ever I suspect not even he himself knows :lol:

Guest Invicta_Toon

You don't even need to check his CV to see that he is indeed a top manager, just look at his personal skills and he ticks all the boxes. People also forget he is quite young still and others have many years on him. Yes he's had a shit load of money to spend but that's the easy part of managing, getting those players performing to high standards week in week out, building team spirit, motivating them, instilling confidence and a winning mentality, getting the very best out of each individual and collectively as a team - all those things are not so easy, as all those managers who don't win things will tell you.

take out the personality bit which is obviously shite, and that was my point. All he is is a good motivator, and any other half decent motivator could have achieved with what he has at his disposal at Chelsea. That to me does not make him anything 'special'

fucking hell I can't believe people are looking at this so simplisticly

Fine, if you want to attribute the trophies he's won at Chelsea (for the last fucking time I don't give a shit about Porto), that's fine

the first time a team matched his was in his first season at Chelsea when Arsenal had by far the better team of individuals on paper and a more balanced side still fresh from an unbeaten season. chelsea won the league.

But you don't give a shit about what he did at Porto? The bit that, most would say, shows he is special? I also don't think there are many in the worlk who could have done much better than he has with Chelsea.

Guest Knightrider

take out the personality bit which is obviously shite, and that was my point. All he is is a good motivator, and any other half decent motivator could have achieved with what he has at his disposal at Chelsea. That to me does not make him anything 'special'

So what you are saying basically is that Mourinho is just a white Mr Motivator...

:lol:

Question: Do you think Mourinho is a good manager at all, Vic?

(for the last fucking time I don't give a shit about Porto),

By that logic then, because Pele was shite at New York and American pundits similarly didn't "give a shit" about his time at Santos, they'd be correct if they said Pele was over-rated?

Guest Invicta_Toon

So what you are saying basically is that Mourinho is just a white Mr Motivator...

what makes a good manager? I'm only asserting that he isn't what most people make him out as, for the reasons I have described

sadly it seems people really do appear to only see this in a black and white manner

Are you asserting that it's only trophies that make good managers? So what does that make Sam Allardyce?

Guest Knightrider

what makes a good manager? I'm only asserting that he isn't what most people make him out as, for the reasons I have described

sadly it seems people really do appear to only see this in a black and white manner

Are you asserting that it's only trophies that make good managers? So what does that make Sam Allardyce?

Ah, so your whole argument is "Mourinho isn't as good as what some think he us" then... :lol:

Fuck me that's a weak as piss base to build a case for.

Oh and if you read my comments, you'll see that I'm not one to just count trophies, indeed I'd rather look at the list of skills a manager has or doesn't have, over what he has won or hasn't won.

Guest Invicta_Toon

Ah, so your whole argument is "Mourinho isn't as good as what some think he us" then... :lol:

Fuck me that's a weak as piss base to build a case for.

Oh and if you read my comments, you'll see that I'm not one to just count trophies, indeed I'd rather look at the list of skills a manager has or doesn't have, over what he has won or hasn't won.

what are these skills then? apart from Mr Motivator? What has he done that was purely down to him, and not inherent in players or money he has at his disposal?

Guest IHateBoro

You don't even need to check his CV to see that he is indeed a top manager, just look at his personal skills and he ticks all the boxes. People also forget he is quite young still and others have many years on him. Yes he's had a s*** load of money to spend but that's the easy part of managing, getting those players performing to high standards week in week out, building team spirit, motivating them, instilling confidence and a winning mentality, getting the very best out of each individual and collectively as a team - all those things are not so easy, as all those managers who don't win things will tell you.

take out the personality bit which is obviously s****, and that was my point. All he is is a good motivator, and any other half decent motivator could have achieved with what he has at his disposal at Chelsea. That to me does not make him anything 'special'

f*** me that's a weak as piss base to build a case for.

what are these skills then? apart from Mr Motivator? What has he done that was purely down to him, and not inherent in players or money he has at his disposal?

Won the CL at Porto?