Jose Mourinho - The Great Pretender

Guest Invicta_Toon

Guest Invicta_Toon

The point was, what has Mourinho achieved that no other half decent man motivator could not have achieved?

when the fuck has the 'special one' had to make a hard decision by himself that he couldn't fix with money?

and I haven't even started on the death threats on a FIFA referee

What half-decent motivator has won the CL?

Alex Ferguson

It's not his fault his club has given him money to spend. This season could still turn out to be a historic season for Chelsea btw. One cup won, in with a shout for two more and the league is not over yet.

And anyways, even if his record is tainted by the amount of money he's spent, you're still disregarding what he did with Porto in the two previous seasons before he joined Chelsea.

I'm not disregarding it, but I won't deliberately ignore how it happened, nor will I ignore the circumstances in which he took Chelsea to the title. He took them from 2nd to 1st after spending a fortune, this is a fact.

I'm not amazed by what Mourinho has achieved at Chelsea. I think he's just a good manager who's done a good job. Nothing more.

he's handled Shevchencko shitly and now Shevchencko is proving without doubt he is one of the best footballers of all time from the great footballing nation of Ukraine.

And guess who wanted big Shev...

And guess who's showing him up?  Drogba, Mourinho's signing.

The point was, what has Mourinho achieved that no other half decent man motivator could not have achieved?

when the fuck has the 'special one' had to make a hard decision by himself that he couldn't fix with money?

Alex Ferguson

Half-decent. :)

Guest Ridzuan

Lets not just look at his time with Chelsea,lets look at his time with Porto.He had not much to spend then but he still achieve great success.And when he came to Chelsea,there was money for him to spend,so you couldnt blame him for spending it.Why would you not spend your money when you have a lot of it.Nevertheless,I still believe he would have done a great job if there wasnt much for him to spend.

Guest Invicta_Toon

Alex Ferguson

what, you think Fergie has a p.h.d in man management now?

Alex Ferguson

Well, for arguments sake, let's say fine to him, is that it?  Not exactly flooding with CL's these "half-decent motivators", are they?

A fortune has been spent at Newcastle, we're still shit. Any one of you would love him to manage here, the only vague hope is that he's so arrogant he'd want to prove someone could make us successful.

Guest Alan Shearer 9

he's handled Shevchencko shitly and now Shevchencko is proving without doubt he is one of the best footballers of all time from the great footballing nation of Ukraine.

And guess who wanted big Shev...

And guess who's showing him up?  Drogba, Mourinho's signing.

Drogba's great form is irrelevant. Shev was balmed for loads of shit that wasn't his fault, Mourinho did nothing to help him play better and it is evident that he is a better player than his original form displayed. Mourinho couldn't get the best out him though, despite him literally going on his knees begging Ambramovich to sign him

Guest Invicta_Toon

Alex Ferguson

Well, for arguments sake, let's say fine to him, is that it?  Not exactly flooding with CL's these "half-decent motivators", are they?

such as? you telling me the CL's been one more times by absolute cunts then?

I think you and I have different definitions for half decent

Guest Invicta_Toon

A fortune has been spent at Newcastle, we're still shit. Any one of you would love him to manage here, the only vague hope is that he's so arrogant he'd want to prove someone could make us successful.

bullshit

Why is nothing made of the competition?  Not just in England, but teams like Barcelona etc?  Why does it just revert back to the money?  Why does no-one take into account that because Chelsea are rich, other clubs take them for a ride up the arse?  Why is nothing made of the money Man U have spent over the years?  Why is "world-class" Wenger still considered the best when he's had, let's be honest, two pretty rotten seasons?  I know he didn't have the money, but to go from league champions to 4th twice in two years, is pretty drastic.  Why is Porto described as lucky?  Was Man U/Bayern not a fucking fluke of the highest order?  Where have they been since? 

I could keep asking questions, but Jose had the money. :rolleyes:

blueyes.gif

Would love for the Mourinho detractors to answer these interesting questions posed by Mr Purdi.

A fortune has been spent at Newcastle, we're still s***. Any one of you would love him to manage here, the only vague hope is that he's so arrogant he'd want to prove someone could make us successful.

Well I would, and am two-faced enough to change the chant in a second.

bullshit

Guest Ridzuan

I shall not participate in this debate anymore.The fact is clear for all to see.Jose Mourinho is a great manager,regardless of whether its the money issue or whether he is not a good motivator.He has prove season after season that he is capable of bringing success in any club that he manage.I wish you all the best in proving that Mr.Mourinho is indeed not the special one.

Guest Alan Shearer 9

His workbooks are laughable. The Valencia one was leaked, here is his illustration of David Villa, in my view this had a clear influence on Chelsea not winning the game

http://www.stneotsmuseum.org.uk/images/drawing1_ed.jpg

Guest Invicta_Toon

Quick question Vic, if you could have any manager in the world to manage Newcastle, regardless of whether realistic or not, who would you choose?

BIG RON

Guest Alan Shearer 9

Quick question Vic, if you could have any manager in the world to manage Newcastle, regardless of whether realistic or not, who would you choose?

HITMNZFEFLLDLDDDDDDD YAAHHHHHH YAH YAH YAH YAH AGAIN AGAIN AGAIN AGAIN

BIG RON

Wild stab in the dark, you started this thread as you fancied a pointless row, if so, much respect, anyway, off to a pub hopefully showing the game.

Guest Invicta_Toon

I shall not participate in this debate anymore.The fact is clear for all to see.Jose Mourinho is a great manager,regardless of whether its the money issue or whether he is not a good motivator.He has prove season after season that he is capable of bringing success in any club that he manage.I wish you all the best in proving that Mr.Mourinho is indeed not the special one.

you haven't participated yet

give us a situation at Chelsea where he has excelled himself as a person and made a hard decision without recourse to money or reliance on his own players?

Also as a bonus, a situation that has gone against Chelsea where he hasn't come out of it looking like a complete cunt

BIG RON

Wild stab in the dark, you started this thread as you fancied a pointless row, if so, much respect, anyway, off to a pub hopefully showing the game.

Sad isn't it.

Guest Invicta_Toon

BIG RON

Sad isn't it.

Right, so I don't have sensible answer to your irrelevant question, ergo this thread was a wind up...

some amazing decutions going on there