Newcastle 0 - 0 Arsenal - Post match thoughts

Dave

Guest ryunufc

we had enough possesion, we supplied the ball to milner and duff but there were no one in the box. the same with attacking set piece, not enough strength and height to create danger.

Can someone remind me how Carr nearly cost us the game?

Well, he turned up...

He didnt do anything wrong today!

He did mate.  He did better than usual but he gave the ball away a lot (as did others mind) and he was at fault for their best chance.

Guest Invicta_Toon

can anyone tell me why robson was sat with FFS after his comments about him?

probably the same reason he's been sat with him loads of times since he left

Ball watching resulting in the scramble when Solano blocked and headed over.

100% Agreed.

A class LB and CB should surely top our most wanted list this summer.

Well, he turned up...

He didnt do anything wrong today!

He did mate.  He did better than usual but he gave the ball away a lot (as did others mind) and he was at fault for their best chance.

Sorry but I cant recall him giving the ball away lots, and he actually made a couple of decent important interceptions!

Guest redmayne

can anyone tell me why robson was sat with FFS after his comments about him?

probably the same reason he's been sat with him loads of times since he left

never noticed but that answers that

Ball watching resulting in the scramble when Solano blocked and headed over.

100% Agreed.

A class LB and CB should surely top our most wanted list this summer.

I agree we should replace him hes not good enough but I dont think he had a bad game today.

Guest redmayne

Yea,seems weird that in almost evey "big" game for us,Sir Bobby is there..

Lets just give him a one year contract for next season :D

i'd certainly take that over rodent...

The whole team did alright...At least they battled hard and didn't give Arsenal a lot of time and space to play well and pass the ball comfortably...Emre and Butt were very good together...Emre had few drives forward which gave us free kicks...Onaywu was good too. Only if Luque had come earlier instead of N'Zogbia...

I thought Butt was the official MOM?

I agree with whoever said Gooch was no better than Bramble, people who suggest we splash a further few million on him need their heads read tbh.

Decent result but it was there for the taking, Milner was very good for 50mins or so before they started taking control.

Solano did well today, Martins battled hard and had some decent moment but nothing special.

Probably the last we see of Dyer this season.

Emre needs to calm down a bit and think about things a lot more! People always harp on about how rash Parker is but Emre is just as bad, some of his fouls are stupid and predictable.

Butt did very well. Carr was fairly good tbh but did fall asleep at an important moment and could have cost us any points!

Guest redmayne

I agree with whoever said Gooch was no better than Bramble, people who suggest we splash a further few million on him need their heads read tbh.

Decent result but it was there for the taking, Milner was very good for 50mins or so before they started taking control.

Solano did well today, Martins battled hard and had some decent moment but nothing special.

Emre needs to calm down a bit and think about things a lot more! People always harp on about how rash Parker is but Emre is just as bad, some of his fouls are stupid and predictable.

Butt did very well. Carr was fairly good tbh but did fall asleep at an important moment and could have cost us any points!

to be honest both teams looked a little jaded - dont agree with the sat/mon situation

doesnt do much for the fans to watch never mind the players.... its fans money at the end of the day

Guest khainufc

We just lack of quality...other than that its a good game but a frustrating one for nufc fans.... :weep:

Btw what was Freddie sheperd and Sir Bobby sitting together?  :o

to be honest both teams looked a little jaded - dont agree with the sat/mon situation

doesnt do much for the fans to watch never mind the players.... its fans money at the end of the day

I find it a bit strange that players whine about playin 2 games in 3 days, they are fit as fuck and get paid for it. It shouldnt affect them that much. my team has a back log of games so Iv had to play Sat, Yesterday, Today and tomorrow, and I dont feel that bad!