Newcastle 0 - 0 Arsenal - Post match thoughts

Dave

Guest smoggeordie

Before the match I'd have bitten your hand off if you'd offered me a point, but after it I couldn't help but feel disappointed.

WHS

Guest Invicta_Toon

What a complete load of boring shite. Probably the worst Arsenal side I've seen for years and we still didnt have the

bottle to go for the win. Thanks for spoiling my afternoon with your tactics Glenn.

This post absolutely typefies some of the ridiculous shoite spouted on this forum

what possible fucking tactics exist that say 'play boring lads, we're sure to get a result then'. how the fuck is the fact the players are useless Glen's fault? What the fuck do you expect? Are they going to become any more effective if he shouts 'attack' at them and waves his arms frantically?

fucking stupid post

By the way, thought it was dead funny watching Martins buldoze his way through Lehmann, three protesting Arsenal defenders, the referee and Steven Taylor during that fracas towards the end. :lol: :lol:

Guest Kenton Magpie

We missed the aggression Parker brings to the side yesterday, but there was a slightly better shape in the team!

Guest smoggeordie

Any update on the injuries to Dyer and Given?

Dyer should be fine for saturday and Given will miss a few games but will return this season. - .cock

Guest Ridzuan

Back to the topic,I agree it was a boring match from both sides.I think Arsenal didnt managed to play their normal passing game because we did very well to close them down.I think overall,we played good but we didnt attack them very much and didnt use the opportunity wisely when we had it.Overall,I think a draw was a fair result.I just wished that the match would be an exciting one.

Guest smoggeordie

The commentator summed it up perfectly on football first: "Newcastle fans celebrated that corner the way they used to celebrate scoring goals" :(

I was happy enough with a point as I thought we would get murderd, but the ref had a shocker, dirty Gooners again and getting away with it again, a stone wall pen not given.

Even the linesman or  wor side was shocking, and I took great pride in fkn telling him so.

Found myself shouting "well done Carr'sie" a few times in the 2nd half, shocked mysaelf, all in all we did okay agianst a much much better passing side.

Dyer has a tight hammy no concern, but Shay's groin strain is a bit more serious. :(

Nobody has?

Wait. It's coming.

You coudl see it in his interview with Sky. He thinks what he's doing/putting out is good enough.

And his fanboys will be re-writing history soon enough.

Or you could just give credit where it's due. I was a both games over Easter and the Sheffield one was anything but lucky. We were the better team throughout  apart from a 10 minute patch in the second half and could have scored three or four. The Arsenal game was boring, but we were the better team and probably should have won.

4 points over easter deserves credit in my opinion. But then again, I didn't jump on the Roeder Out bandwagon like many folks. His tactics and team selection in the past two games have been spot on in my opinion, so I have no reason to slate him.

Credit where it's due, faie enough. A lucky win against shite, and a draw against a team on its knees.

And if we give credit where it's due, we should also slate where its due - Roeder has been a fucking awful manager.