Sell Dyer?

Guest Alan Shearer 9
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

It's not just his lack of ability that hurts us, it's the wages he takes from us, the time he spends out injured, his attitude off and on the pitch. The very fact that he seems comfortable here is an indication of how little he gives a toss about his game. If he was really trying to be a top player, he'd be itching for a move.

It's not just his lack of ability that hurts us, it's the wages he takes from us, the time he spends out injured, his attitude off and on the pitch. The very fact that he seems comfortable here is an indictment of how little he gives a toss about his game. If he was really trying to be a top player, he'd be itching for a move.

he must know, deep down, that he's not good enough to be a top player.

Guest Gemmill

The very fact that he seems comfortable here is an indication of how little he gives a toss about his game. If he was really trying to be a top player, he'd be itching for a move.

I think that's bollocks tbh.  Should nobody be content at NUFC then?  Should they all see themselves as too good and be looking to move on?  I think Dyer is well aware that we're probably about his level.

It's not just his lack of ability that hurts us, it's the wages he takes from us, the time he spends out injured, his attitude off and on the pitch. The very fact that he seems comfortable here is an indictment of how little he gives a toss about his game. If he was really trying to be a top player, he'd be itching for a move.

I don't know, this is the bloke that is best mates with Titus Bramble.  :jesuswept:

I don't know, this is the bloke that is best mates with Titus Bramble.  :jesuswept:

Fair point, he's not exactly going to win Mastermind, is he. Although in fairness, he probably struggled at the Richard & Judy say-what-you-see thing.

Guest Gemmill

I've seen a photo of you on a night out with your mates, Ally, and believe me, you're in no place to mock.  Looked like you'd all just got off the Sunshine bus. :lol:

The very fact that he seems comfortable here is an indication of how little he gives a toss about his game. If he was really trying to be a top player, he'd be itching for a move.

I think that's bollocks tbh.  Should nobody be content at NUFC then?  Should they all see themselves as too good and be looking to move on?  I think Dyer is well aware that we're probably about his level.

He's been here a while, and his football has fucking stagnated. He hasn't got any better. That much is obvious to anyone. The club is going nowhere. He has 2-3 years of top football left in him if he's lucky.

He's here for the dough, obviously.

Guest Gemmill

He's been here a while, and his football and fucking stagnated. That much is obvious to anyone. The club is going nowhere. He has 2-3 years of top football left in him if he's lucky.

Where do you think he should be targetting for his next move?  Assuming he doesn't want to leave the country? 

Does the same apply to Parker, Duff, Given, Martins, Owen etc etc....the list goes on.  If the club is going nowhere for Dyer, it's going nowhere for all of them too.  You can't just apply this to Dyer because you don't like him.

I've seen a photo of you on a night out with your mates, Ally, and believe me, you're in no place to mock.  Looked like you'd all just got off the Sunshine bus. :lol:

:lol: I looked at that photo the other day, was quite horrific I must admit.

He's been here a while, and his football and fucking stagnated. That much is obvious to anyone. The club is going nowhere. He has 2-3 years of top football left in him if he's lucky.

Where do you think he should be targetting for his next move?  Assuming he doesn't want to leave the country? 

Does the same apply to Parker, Duff, Given, Martins, Owen etc etc....the list goes on.  If the club is going nowhere for Dyer, it's going nowhere for all of them too.  You can't just apply this to Dyer because you don't like him.

He's not good enough - noone wants him, and never have, apart from us, the only club stupid enough to pay him the salary of a top player.

He's comfortable here. For what it's worth, Given's also comfortable here. For whatever reason. I know he's got a wife and kids and is settled here. Tbh, I don't think it's healthy for either player in terms of improving their football, but I have no qualms about keeping Given.

Guest Invicta_Toon

what's the point in keeping him when his wages could be factored into better deals for better players in the positions we need changing

Assuming we did want to sell him it's established no one would take him on current wages, so he wouldn't move.  So if we don't want to keep him around we'd have to buy out his contract, saving no money and costing us a bundle all at once. 

So it's bleed a little over time until the end of his contract and have a decent player on board, or go a few million down at once and have another position to fill that was well down on the priority list already.

Option A every time. 

I don't understand this "get rid" bollocks as though it's easy enough to phone up clubs who would both afford and want him, and demand they take him off our hands.  It's not happening.

Guest Gemmill

Assuming we did want to sell him it's established no one would take him on current wages, so he wouldn't move.  So if we don't want to keep him around we'd have to buy out his contract, saving no money and costing us a bundle all at once.  

So it's bleed a little over time until the end of his contract and have a decent player on board, or go a few million down at once and have another position to fill that was well down on the priority list already.

Option A every time. 

I don't understand this "get rid" bollocks as though it's easy enough to phone up clubs who would both afford and want him, and demand they take him off our hands.  It's not happening.

It's a disgrace that we have to wait for the Americans to wake up to get any sense on this issue.  Thank you Thomas. 

Guest Deep456

I say no.I think he is still an important player for us and it would stupid to sell him.

have a scan through the thread

I do believe you are the only person saying don't get rid of him

no wonder you have that portugese t*** as your avatar

We aren't all sheep who go with the crowd.  O0

what's the point in keeping him when his wages could be factored into better deals for better players in the positions we need changing

If someone else said 'get rid' I'd imagine you'd point out how clueless they were due to things not being that simple. Which, of course, they aren't.

Guest donige

no way.he is an excellent player and if he realises his potential and plays every week and to his potential next year he will be our best player

Guest Invicta_Toon

If someone else said 'get rid' I'd imagine you'd point out how clueless they were due to things not being that simple. Which, of course, they aren't.

you seriously believe that don't you? you honestly believe I change my views depending on what everyone else says. Daft tbh.

It's not long ago everyone was raving about him, and I still said get rid of the cunt

Guest Invicta_Toon

no way.he is an excellent player and if he realises his potential and plays every week and to his potential next year he will be our best player

you know he's nearly been here 10 years right?

you seriously believe that don't you? you honestly believe I change my views depending on what everyone else says. Daft tbh.

It's not long ago everyone was raving about him, and I still said get rid of the cunt

No, I believe you're contrary for the sake of it at times. Thomas perfectly explains why 'getting rid' isn't really an option imo. Do you disagree?

Guest Invicta_Toon

We could get rid of him if we wanted to. He gets a game because the club think he's good, that's the problem

We could get rid of him if we wanted to. He gets a game because the club think he's good, that's the problem

Aye, just like Luque. So easy to get rid of players on high wages and long contracts when you want to.

Guest Invicta_Toon

Aye, just like Luque. So easy to get rid of players on high wages and long contracts when you want to.

the argument being that we had a couple of opportunities not to give him a new contract