Sell Dyer?

Guest Alan Shearer 9
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Guest smoggeordie

In form, and deployed correctly, Dyer is one of the most destructive players in the world.

We need to find a way to get him back in form and being deployed correctly on a more regular basis. If we can't manage this, it'll be another failure for the club, but we may as well sell.

:lol: Can't wait till Ally sees that :lol:

No way is he near being one of the best players in the world, but ask any opposition Premiership manager who they'd least like to see on the ball just past halfway, with wingers to his right and left, and strikers in front of him, they'd say Dyer each time.

Ok, you toddle along and ask Fergie, Benitez etc if they'd rather have Scholes, Gerrard etc or Dyer. :lol:

No way is he near being one of the best players in the world, but ask any opposition Premiership manager who they'd least like to see on the ball just past halfway, with wingers to his right and left, and strikers in front of him, they'd say Dyer each time.

You mean... playing against them or for them? <_<

Should keep unless someone comes with a 5 mil bid, squad's thin enough as it is.

In form, and deployed correctly, Dyer is one of the most destructive players in the world.

We need to find a way to get him back in form and being deployed correctly on a more regular basis. If we can't manage this, it'll be another failure for the club, but we may as well sell.

Ok, you toddle along and ask Fergie, Benitez etc if they'd rather have Scholes, Gerrard etc or Dyer. :lol:

I'm talking more like the 40-60 yard area. In the attacking sense, neither Gerrard or Scholes can destroy in that region. However, get Dyer facing goal with ball at his feet, he can open gaps through the opposition with a surging run from deep, before delivering a pass to feet to either wideman, or the striker that holds things up. In fact Dyer is perfect with the right personnel:

Drogba Rooney

Ronaldo Scholes Dyer Gerrard

That is perfect football imo. Dyer brings the ball from midfield to attack, and the other players get the goals in.

Guest Stephen927

His wages are ridiculous but when he's on form he's amazing. With the money we could potentially get for him (I would value him at about £4-5m) there's no way we could replace him with someone else who can change a game the way he can.

Guest smoggeordie

I'm talking more like the 40-60 yard area. In the attacking sense, neither Gerrard or Scholes can destroy in that region. However, get Dyer facing goal with ball at his feet, he can open gaps through the opposition with a surging run from deep, before delivering a pass to feet to either wideman, or the striker that holds things up. In fact Dyer is perfect with the right personnel:

Drogba Rooney

Ronaldo Scholes Dyer Gerrard

That is perfect football imo. Dyer brings the ball from midfield to attack, and the other players get the goals in.

Who needs a defensive midfielder, eh?

Guest WalkervilleMag

who would want to buy him ??  some clubs would be intrested for £3 or £4 million, but not that many, and no club would pay his £80kp/w+ wages.  doubt any club would go above 35k p/w, meaning if he were sold, Newcastle would still have to make up the diffrence in wages, until his contract wth newcastle was due to finish.

Basicly, we are stuck with him.

:lol: Absolutely staggeringly unbelievable.

One of the most destructive midfielders in the world? Maybe on Pro Evo, but he's not even the most destructive midfielder in our team!

I'd like to destruct his smug little head mind...

Guest Hibbits left foot

Used to think he was going to be the next Beardsley , has proved himself to be another Ketsbaia, he doesnt seem to heva a position he can call his own.Hes neither a winger nor a striker and just what are his stats for assists ?

isn't 80k/w one of those things everyone just accepts as true because it's repeated so often?  Is there any source other than journalists "understanding his wages are on or about" ?

:thup:

I think we should keep him! He may have been inconsistent since his return but the whole team hasnt been performing. When hes been up front the service hasnt been particularly great so hes going to play inconsistently.

isn't 80k/w one of those things everyone just accepts as true because it's repeated so often?  Is there any source other than journalists "understanding his wages are on or about" ?

Yes, as far as i'm aware, Dyer is on £60k, and Owen on £80k, but the media/fans always add an extra £20k to both.

Guest Sniffer

Dyer is not a striker and can't play off a striker as we are asking him to do these days.  Put him in his right position running at defenders and he makes a big difference to our game. If he isn't going to be used like this then he is a luxury we can't afford.

Guest WalkervilleMag

he is supposed to be an attacking midfielder .... Paul Scholes has scored more at St James Pk than that waste of space.

No they wouldn't.

Sell him. Considering the money he's on, the number of games we're guaranteed from him, and the fact that when he does play he is only very sporadically effective, we're better off speonding the money elsewhere.

Not sure anyone would buy him for a decent fee - for the very reasons you mention.

Freeing up the wages would be handy though.

I always ask this question and never get an answer.  Where is the actual propf that Dyer gets paid £80,000 a week?  Because until I see some good sources for this I'm going to keep assuming its nothing but exagerated paper talk.

I always ask this question and never get an answer.  Where is the actual propf that Dyer gets paid £80,000 a week?  Because until I see some good sources for this I'm going to keep assuming its nothing but exagerated paper talk.

How much do you think he's on?

Guest Sheriff John Bunnell (Ret

Def not - when he's fit he is quality - cant wait to see the pace of Owen, Dyer and Martins when they play together!!