Are we after a Director of Football and not a new manager?

KaKa

SGE would never be DOF especially demanding 3-4m

I think SBR is perfect for this job

He is pretty old and this job will suits him perfectly

He was perfect for the job when he was sacked, should have been 'promoted' upstairs.  But SBR went and his wealth of experience, knowledge and contacts, not forgetting his respect all over Europe, went with him.

The biggest mistake Newcastle have made in the last 10 years imo.

He was perfect for the job when he was sacked, should have been 'promoted' upstairs.  But SBR went and his wealth of experience, knowledge and contacts, not forgetting his respect all over Europe, went with him.

Completely agree with you

Under SBR we were top 4 team now we are mid table team

The fat pig has ruined everything

maybe houllier?

I for one would certainly welcome Houllier, as Manager rather than as DoF...especially if he was able to bring a few of Lyon's players with him e.g. Benzema, Ben Arfa, Govou, Abidal, Toulalan, Diarra (a couple of them would be fine). I'd be all for putting Roeder back at the Academy - even if in my view is much vaunted "success" there seems to me to be somewhat overhyped - but it would just be nice to have someone fronting up for the club who was a bit more tactically aware, knew how to play tactically to win in Europe, and knew how to develop young players properly - and I'd hope Houllier would also see the value of keeping N'Zogbia rather than letting him go to waste on the reserves/subs bench.

maybe houllier?

I for one would certainly welcome Houllier, as Manager rather than as DoF...especially if he was able to bring a few of Lyon's players with him e.g. Benzema, Ben Arfa, Govou, Abidal, Toulalan, Diarra (a couple of them would be fine). I'd be all for putting Roeder back at the Academy - even if in my view is much vaunted "success" there seems to me to be somewhat overhyped - but it would just be nice to have someone fronting up for the club who was a bit more tactically aware, knew how to play tactically to win in Europe, and knew how to develop young players properly - and I'd hope Houllier would also see the value of keeping N'Zogbia rather than letting him go to waste on the reserves/subs bench.

Houllier as manager would be awful decision

He is starting to ruin Lyon already as he did this with Liverpool before he was sacked

get mourinho or van gaal in and get roeder back working with the kids. Did a canny job wiht them

As Joe Joyces assistant I presume.

I love the way people assume we just left the position vacant :D

maybe houllier?

He is starting to ruin Lyon already as he did this with Liverpool before he was sacked

Still reckon he could do a decent enough job for us though blueyes.gif

EDIT: Although having said that I'd prefer Hiddinck - if we're doing Fantasy manager type scenarios.

personally, i would love him here as gaffer.

shows how far we have fallen as on the day we sacked bobby, it was widely reported on sky etc that houillier would come in (as caretaker i think), and i was gutted back then.

Guest Invicta_Toon

so basically you want to kill SBR?

what a cunt

what a c***

Are you on glue again??

I only think that the fat pig never should have sacked him

Guest Invicta_Toon

what a c***

Are you on glue again??

the only one on glue is you you daft tit, expecting a man his age recovering from countless operations to become a director of football

ABSOLUTE JOKE

what a c***

Are you on glue again??

the only one on glue is you you daft tit, expecting a man his age recovering from countless operations to become a director of football

ABSOLUTE JOKE

He is too old to manage a club but he still can be useful as DOF

Guest Invicta_Toon

what a c***

Are you on glue again??

ABSOLUTE JOKE

ABSOLUTE JOKE

what a c***

Are you on glue again??

ABSOLUTE JOKE

ABSOLUTE JOKE

I guess that your brain cant manage to think to something else than this

Guest Invicta_Toon

what a c***

Are you on glue again??

ABSOLUTE JOKE

ABSOLUTE JOKE

I guess that your brain cant manage to think to something else than this

what's relevant is relevant tbh

maybe houllier?

maybe houllier?

B*llocks imo. We were well on the decline before Sir Bobby left. The mistake was sacking him 4 games in rather than replacing him with a handshake after the 2003-4 season.

maybe houllier?

maybe houllier?

B*llocks imo. We were well on the decline before Sir Bobby left. The mistake was sacking him 4 games in rather than replacing him with a handshake after the 2003-4 season.

Wouldn't disagree with the point you make but the point I was making was instead of throwing him out with the dishwater he could have been utilised as a DoF.  He had knowledge, experience, contacts and prospective incoming players would also know him and his standing in the game.  Newcastle may have been in decline at the point of SBR's departure but this was accelerated once he had gone.

Do you think Bobby would have accepted that? The original plan in 1999-2000 was for Bobby to be in charge for a year or two with Mourinho taking over and Bobby moving upstairs, but Mourinho knew Bobby was too stubborn and wouldn't agree to it so didn't bother.

Do you think Bobby would have accepted that? The original plan in 1999-2000 was for Bobby to be in charge for a year or two with Mourinho taking over and Bobby moving upstairs, but Mourinho knew Bobby was too stubborn and wouldn't agree to it so didn't bother.

What a bastard. We could have been contenders.

according to glenn, we are to expect a 'eurpoean feel' to our recruitment team in the near future.

ooh er

Hope to god that means a Director of Football before the transfer window opens!