Bring Back Special K!!

Mr. Slugworth

Guest smoggeordie

KK should only ever be considered in a caretaker capacity, he's the past and belongs in the past, we need to move on. He would make a canny chairman I think though, ala someone like Quinn.

Roeder was only meant to be considered in the caretaker capacity :(

Its like saying we should re-sign Shearer because his finishing was better than Martins. When was Keegan last thought of as more than an average manager?

He wouldn't last long anyway, he likes to ride the glory wave but will jump ship as soon as it got tough.

He will be miles better than Roeder but he is not the answer

He was awful at Man City

Bollicks. He took them from the 1st division and left them as a safe prem team.

Im talking about the time before he was replaced

Back then they were pretty shit.In his 2nd season in the premiership they finished 16th

He was awful at Man City

Back then they were pretty s***.In his 2nd season in the premiership they finished 16th

You cant say he did awful though. Even if they were a mediocre premiship team, he took them as a 1st division team.

Cherish the Keegan era for what it was. Remember the happy times, by all means. But don't go pining on after him like this.

Am as big a fan of KK as anyone, for the glorious time we had with him at the helm. But this harping on like he's the Geordie Messiah is misplaced. 

He was awful at Man City

Back then they were pretty s***.In his 2nd season in the premiership they finished 16th

You cant say he did awful though. Even if they were a mediocre premiship team, he took them as a 1st division team.

Souness took Blackburn up from Division One, won them a cup, got them into the top 6...was he perfect for us?

He was awful at Man City

Yes you are right

maybe the word awful was not right but i just remember that they played really badly before he was replaced

He was awful at Man City

Souness took Blackburn up from Division One, won them a cup, got them into the top 6...was he perfect for us?

No.  But i dont see how that's relevant to what i'm saying :( ???

I never said anything about Keegan being perfect for us.  I'm saying you cant say he was awful at ManCity, similarly, you cant say Souness was awful at Blackburn.  Loads of reigns end bad, doesnt make the whole thing a failure.  Most of us wont be too jolly when we die, doesnt mean we had miserable lives.

Guest TheKingOfNewcastle

Keegan wouldn't even consider coming back, he looks like he's fallen out of love with the game at the top level to me.

KEEEEEEEEEEEEGGGGAN, KEEEEEEEEEEGAN, KEEEEEEEEEEGAN

I tell you what pisses me off about this messageboard more than anything, it's the lack of respect some people, particularly younger posters, have for Keegan.

Keegan is still king in my eyes, fuck his lack of tactical awareness, they were magical days to be a toon fan.

Make no mistake, this club is going down the f****** plug-hole and desperate measures are needed.  I know that special K is out of football but imo only him and/or SBR are capable of running this club at this time i.e. under the present owners/structure.  Who's with me for a "bring back Super Kev" campaign?? Or am I just being desperate and deluded?? :undecided:

Jesus its history....all that will happen if he did come back is lose a few games get the sack and his god like status (deserved) would be gone

Guest Alan Shearer 9

Keegan will never go back to football management. He is busy with his soccer enterprise thing now

Guest Geordiesned

Hes too busy with his soccer circus up here..

He's working for the Scottish Premier League??

;)