who would you switch to?

Guest Invicta_Toon

Guest Invicta_Toon

HYPOTHETICALLY SPEAKING

Say, Fat Fred announces tomorrow, he's had enough with the whinging fans and rather than selling the club, him and john hall are raising  SJP to the ground and selling the land for redevelopment because they could probably make more than what they could from selling the club. In an extrordinary move, the city council then subsequently bans any other club from setting up in the city, and in a last twist of the knife, FF takes all trademarks and naming rights to NUFC with him.

So before anyone gives it any shite about never switching it's in the blood or any other shite, we are all football fans and know what it means to have a particular club, and while it would never be the same, you would eventually to a greater or lesser degree, be it after a year, or 20 years, start following/watching/supporting another club/s, if only to not to take up DIY. Anyone who claims otherwise is deluding themselves imho. Remember, NUFC is dust and will never rise again.

So, who would it be?

Premiership? Championship? Local team? Foreign team? Pub team? Womens team? National team?

Guest Gemmill

I'd use it as the perfect excuse to sack football off and do something more constructive with my time/money.

Guest smoggeordie

Genuinely couldn't support anyone other than Newcastle United. Unless FC United of Newcastle formed just outside the city ;) 

Guest Invicta_Toon

I'd use it as the perfect excuse to sack football off and do something more constructive with my time/money.

Rubbish. You would end up following a team

Guest Invicta_Toon

Genuinely couldn't support anyone other than Newcastle United. Unless FC United of Newcastle formed just outside the city ;) 

Rubbish. No waywould you look at the final score or chat down the pub with a completely uinbiased opinion.

Guest smoggeordie

Rubbish. No waywould you look at the final score or chat down the pub with a completely uinbiased opinion.

Rubbish tbh

I'd probably start supporting any team that was local to me. At the moment that's no-one at home, but I'd probably start following Forest as I'm at Uni. If I moved away there's a decent chance I'd start following the team nearest to where I went. If there's no outside reason to follow a different team it makes sense to support what's close to you.

Guest Invicta_Toon

Rubbish tbh

So how do you look at people right now who say, 'oh I don't folow football'

you'd be one of those freaks

Guest smoggeordie

Rubbish tbh

No, I'd still watch football for the enjoyment of the game. Like now, I can watch Man United and say "that's brilliant football". But i'd never support another team.

Guest Invicta_Toon

AFC Newcastle United.. run by fans like how Barcelona is run and football in Spain(??) but like that approach

Apart from, 1. The club can't be in the city. 2. The naming rights cannot be used.

Guest Invicta_Toon

Rubbish tbh

No, I'd still watch football for the enjoyment of the game. Like now, I can watch Man United and say "that's brilliant football". But i'd never support another team.

You would have a preference for a team. You probably already do now. Read the OP again

Guest smoggeordie

Rubbish tbh

You would have a preference for a team. You probably already do now. Read the OP again

Hartlepool then.

Rubbish, you'd move to your local club. Would be nice to be following Woodgate again!

Guest Invicta_Toon

Probably lose interest and just occasionally watch whoever was on telly.  Certainly wouldn't bother picking another team.

For the rest of your life? Don't believe you

Guest smoggeordie

Rubbish, you'd move to your local club. Would be nice to be following Woodgate again!

He signing for Gateshead, like?

He signing for Gateshead, like?

You know what I mean, Smog-boy!

Probably lose interest and just occasionally watch whoever was on telly.  Certainly wouldn't bother picking another team.

Yes, for the rest of my life.  Why ask a question if you're going to make up your own answer?

Guest Invicta_Toon

Yes,. for the

Yes. for the rest of my life.  Why ask a question if you're going to make up your own answer?

I simply don't believe you. You would not have any preference no matter how slight for another team?

Guest Gemmill
:lol:  Vic, what answer would you like us all to give.  Threads like this would be much easier if you just provided us with the correct response in the opening post.