Players in public

Guest hindu times

Guest Heneage

Aye, woman and you are supposed to be a professional whatever the hell it is that you do. I wonder how you take if a bunch of idiots followed you when you were in public and insulted you, ffs. They shouldn't go drinking in Newcastle. :lol: You're kidding me. They should do whatever the hell they want as long as it follows the law and the stipulations of their contract. Public opinion should have no influence on how people live their day to day life outside of the workplace.

Get over yourself man.  :mackems:

You have no idea about real life. Have you ever even been to Britain? People here comment on all sorts of things, size, appearance, the clothes you wear, the car you drive. That is what happens.

So you honest think that professional sportsmen should be out drinking alcohol before matches? Is that not just a piss take on your part?

You make it sound like they are downing a can of stella on the bus down. If a player is out what right do you have to go up and begin insulting him, in that theory, I should be well within my rights to come up to you in the street and begin shouting abuse at you.

I might be opening a can of worms here but do you pay Blefuscu's wages?

There's a joke in there that I must avoid.

But, Blefuscu choses to pay those players wages, if she feels that strongly about her distaste stop going to the games, buying the shirts etc. In no way is she forced to buy these things, it isn't taken from her wages in Tax, it is , in essence a hobby.

Aye but I have a right to my opinion too Nixon, as does everyone.

Couldn't agree more, but it's the way you express that opinion that we are debating. By going up and shouting at the players, you are gaining nothing, you are abusing them. Why should they be bothered when in town?

I'm not sticking up for them, but this whole 'They are all fair game, let's tell them what we think.' It is crazy.

Guest toonlass

Aye, woman and you are supposed to be a professional whatever the hell it is that you do. I wonder how you take if a bunch of idiots followed you when you were in public and insulted you, ffs. They shouldn't go drinking in Newcastle. :lol: You're kidding me. They should do whatever the hell they want as long as it follows the law and the stipulations of their contract. Public opinion should have no influence on how people live their day to day life outside of the workplace.

You have no idea about real life. Have you ever even been to Britain? People here comment on all sorts of things, size, appearance, the clothes you wear, the car you drive. That is what happens.

So you honest think that professional sportsmen should be out drinking alcohol before matches? Is that not just a piss take on your part?

You make it sound like they are downing a can of stella on the bus down. If a player is out what right do you have to go up and begin insulting him, in that theory, I should be well within my rights to come up to you in the street and begin shouting abuse at you.

But, Blefuscu choses to pay those players wages, if she feels that strongly about her distaste stop going to the games, buying the shirts etc. In no way is she forced to buy these things, it isn't taken from her wages in Tax, it is , in essence a hobby.

Couldn't agree more, but it's the way you express that opinion that we are debating. By going up and shouting at the players, you are gaining nothing, you are abusing them. Why should they be bothered when in town?

I'm not sticking up for them, but this whole 'They are all fair game, let's tell them what we think.' It is crazy.

Why should they be any different from anyone else? I am abusing no-one. I don't drink in the town so I am not likely to be saying anything to anyone, but players who go out in public when they have two games in 4 days and they are drunk are choosing to act that way. I learned the hard way that actions have consequences. Anyway, why is it abuse for someone to say (in a polite but firm tone) "You shouldn't be drinking before a match in my opinion"?

No, but you don't pay the players wages either. You are simply a customer of the product which they help to provide. The players are paid by the firm that they work for (Just like you) which in this case happens to be Newcastle United. Just because you eat at McDonalds doesn't mean that you are "paying the wages" of the employees or that you have any right to abuse them.

Guest toonlass

No, but you don't pay the players wages either. You are simply a customer of the product which they help to provide. The players are paid by the firm that they work for (Just like you) which in this case happens to be Newcastle United. Just because you eat at McDonalds doesn't mean that you are "paying the wages" of the employees or that you have any right to abuse them.

You are funny  :mackems:

Guest the_guv_nor

opinion is fine - abusing someone in public is something else.

Should they be out on the drink regularly?  And if that's alright, should they have the common sense to not do it after we've been humiliated?

I think I'm making a slightly different point to Blefuscu in saying that I wouldn't abuse them personally but they're idiots if they don't expect stick in a football-obsessed city like ours if they go out on the lash after getting beat off Scunthorpe.

Funny to an ignorant fool that doesn't understand the basic principles of capitalism.

I was being bawdy Lynn, enjoy it.

http://www.gazmac.freeserve.co.uk/aha1.htm

Guest toonlass

Funny to an ignorant fool that doesn't understand the basic principles of capitalism.

1. No need for the personal insults. So far I am an "ignorant fool" and a "victim". Anything else you want to throw at me seeing as you feel that people have the right not to be abused in public?

2. I have never said "I pay their wages" so I don't know where you got that from.

3. I am in no way going to abuse anyone in Newcastle. But I am allowed to be angry that the sportsmen that represent my team are out consuming large amounts of alcohol in the days leading up to games. Would I condone violence towards players out drinking? No way. Would I condone someone telling a player that they thought it was disgusting that they are out drinking before games, yes I would.

People are a bit cranky in here tonight, it's like we just got beat off fucking Scunthorpe or something.

We don't pay the wages, babatunde is correct on that score, but there's a world of difference between having a go at NUFC players for going out on the piss when we're playing shite and having a go at a McDonalds employee cos you bought a Big Mac therefore you can.

Guest toonlass

You were patronizing him.

:mackems: You still got the blinkers on that make you think that Newcastle have played "premier league quality football" this season?

Guest Heneage

:mackems: You still got the blinkers on that make you think that Newcastle have played "premier league quality football" this season?

I fail to see how this relates to the topic being discussed.

Guest toonlass

Must be the blinkers.

I was not patronizing him. He called me a victim. This from the poster who believes that people shouldn't be abused in public. Kind of hypocritical of him.

So, back on topic, do you think its ok that players who are professional sportsmen are out drinking in clubs and pubs when they have two matches in 4 days?

Guest Heneage

Must be the blinkers.

I was not patronizing him. He called me a victim. This from the poster who believes that people shouldn't be abused in public. Kind of hypocritical of him.

So, back on topic, do you think its ok that players who are professional sportsmen are out drinking in clubs and pubs when they have two matches in 4 days?

Do you drink alcohol? Everyone needs relaxtion time, on that theory no one should go drinking on a weekend as they have work Monday, there's been a fair few on here post claiming hangovers at work, hardly professional is it?

Guest toonlass

Must be the blinkers.

Do you drink alcohol? Everyone needs relaxtion time, on that theory no one should go drinking on a weekend as they have work Monday, there's been a fair few on here post claiming hangovers at work, hardly professional is it?

No I don't drink alcohol anymore. I stopped.

Guest Heneage

Well we all have things we are not proud of doing, I'm sure you yourself do things that could be deemed unprofessional. Little was being said when the team were winning.

Guest toonlass

Well we all have things we are not proud of doing, I'm sure you yourself do things that could be deemed unprofessional. Little was being said when the team were winning.

Go back through the thread, you will see that they were.

Guest the_guv_nor

if a player goes out on the piss 2 days before a game i do think its a bit unacceptable but who the fuck are we to start griefing them about it? just coz we are fans? let his boss deal with it in the same way our bosses would! what they do in there spare time is up to them, if they get caught out they get dropped or fined by the club. if someone came up to me in town on a sunday night and said 'what you playing at, you've got graft tomorrow' i would tell them where to go.

Guest toonlass

if a player goes out on the piss 2 days before a game i do think its a bit unacceptable but who the fuck are we to start griefing them about it? just coz we are fans? let his boss deal with it in the same way our bosses would! what they do in there spare time is up to them, if they get caught out they get dropped or fined by the club. if someone came up to me in town on a sunday night and said 'what you playing at, you've got graft tomorrow' i would tell them where to go.

Are you a footballer too?

Guest toonlass

The first part of Firetotheworks comment was what I was meaning. Let the players know that the fans are not that impressed that they are out totally leathered when they have a game in a couple of days. At no point would I condone walking up to a player and verbally laying into them, or calling them names.