Managerial Change - Time for Roeder to go?

Guest johnson293
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Guest johnson293

While change has to start at the top, that ain't gonna happen until a takeover. Theres a lot of opinions both ways on whether Glenn Roeder is right for the job at Newcastle, or whether it's for a change.

So, what is to be, Roeder to stay as manager, or Roeder to be relieved of his duties? There's only one way to find out......

"POLL!!!!"

My opinion - time for change, becasue if Shepherd doesn't do it now, it'll happen in September, with another season down the drain.

Guest smoggeordie

I havnt seen a thread like this in... in...in 5 minutes!!!

Luque should start in the first team!

Sacking managers all the time does no good. I've seen worse managers than Roeder do acceptably well, albeit on a lower level (it's not like the premiership is filled with managerial genius anyway), through long term stability. There's absolutely no point in sacking him if we can't get someone a lot better.

I voted release Roeder but only if another manager who is actually decent can take over

There is no point sacking Roeder and then with no idea to start looking for someone

But of course our chairman dont think the same way

Guest JamesD

Sacking managers all the time does no good. I've seen worse managers than Roeder do acceptably well, albeit on a lower level (it's not like the premiership is filled with managerial genius anyway), through long term stability. There's absolutely no point in sacking him if we can't get someone a lot better.

my sentiments exactly

I voted release Roeder but only if another manager who is actually decent can take over

There is no point sacking Roeder and then with no idea to start looking for someone

But of course our chairman dont think the same way

Agree. This is the only way we should replace Roeder. The farce of the last two appointments is testament to that.to

Guest Jonny4Toon

Roeder cannot make the big decisions!!! He insists on playing CARR, BABAYARO, MOORE, DUFF and DYER when the players who actually want to play like MILNER, TAYLOR, EDGAR, CARROLL, N'ZOGBIA and even HUNTINGTON get treat like shit or just get plain left out!!! It's a disgrace - Taylor for Captain next season!!!!!!! GEORDIE player needs to be captain up here!!!!

Roeder cannot make the big decisions!!! He insists on playing CARR, BABAYARO, MOORE, DUFF and DYER when the players who actually want to play like MILNER, TAYLOR, EDGAR, CARROLL, N'ZOGBIA and even HUNTINGTON get treat like s*** or just get plain left out!!! It's a disgrace - Taylor for Captain next season!!!!!!! GEORDIE player needs to be captain up here!!!!

The last person to captain Newcastle to a trophy was a Jock, the last one to win a domestic trophy was from Yorkshire and the last to win the league a Jock.

Guest WalkervilleMag

I say keep Roeder, he is out of contract at the end of next season. With Owen back and Ameobi, and a clear out of the trash like Bramble,Babyaro,Carr,Moore,Dyer and some new faces brought in and see what happens.  No Europe, so i expect us to be at least top 6 next season.

Plus, for those that what a change,  who is available ?. Most of the candidates on Shephards list turned us down last time and we ended up with Souness. and i doubt they would say yes now.

Guest Gemmill

Roeder cannot make the big decisions!!! He insists on playing CARR, BABAYARO, MOORE, DUFF and DYER when the players who actually want to play like MILNER, TAYLOR, EDGAR, CARROLL, N'ZOGBIA and even HUNTINGTON get treat like shit or just get plain left out!!! It's a disgrace - Taylor for Captain next season!!!!!!! GEORDIE player needs to be captain up here!!!!

Mongtastic.  Good player with leadership qualities needs to be captain.  Birthplace irrelevant.

I say keep Roeder, he is out of contract at the end of next season. With Owen back and Ameobi, and a clear out of the trash like Bramble,Babyaro,Carr,Moore,Dyer and some new faces brought in and see what happens.  No Europe, so i expect us to be at least top 6 next season.

Plus, for those that what a change,  who is available ?. Most of the candidates on Shephards list turned us down last time and we ended up with Souness. and i doubt they would say yes now.

We're damned if we do and damned if we don't, it's not a good situation to be in.  Roeder is not good enough but knowing our luck we would probably end up with worse than we've already got.

Guest WalkervilleMag

Bruce,Curbs,McClaren when he is sacked in the summer, is probably the shortlist.  any of them considerbley better than Roeder ????  I very much doubt it.

This rumour that he's lost the dressing room worries me a bit. You can't do anything without the support of the players. His whole reaction after the Alkmaar game (which was his feck-up) seemed wrong. He blamed the players and singled out Bramble because his mistake led to a goal. Nothing is more guaranteed to alienate a manager from his team than that sort of behaviour.

There's a story that a similar thing happened at West Ham. Things were going well, and suddenly he lost it with half the team.

Long-term the Chairman is a bigger problem than the Manager, but I voted for a change. Overall, he's made the best of a difficult job, but I'm not confident Roeder can turn things back round.

Errickson,Koeman,Hector Cuper=all better then Roeder