nicolas plestan a target? - journal

lovejoy

Meanwhile, Newcastle have been linked with the Lille defender Nicolas Plestan. Roeder is determined to rebuild his defence this summer and is preparing to lose at least three senior stoppers - with Titus Bramble and Craig Moore both out of contract and Oguchi Onyewu preparing to return to Standard Liege. Sources in France have reported Plestan is a Tyneside target, although Portsmouth are also understood to be interested in bringing the 25-year-old to England.

http://icnewcastle.icnetwork.co.uk/newcastleunited/journalsport/tm_headline=glenn-gives-royal-seal-of-approval-to-amazing-comeback%26method=full%26objectid=18953312%26siteid=50081-name_page.html

Never heard of him.

Me neither.. But surely he's not worse than the our current "defenders". I hope not anyway!

Never heard of him.

Me neither.. But surely he's not worse than the our current "defenders". I hope not anyway!

Thats the type of thinking that lands us with Babayaro, Carr, Gooch etc in the first place. We don't need players who "can't be worse than.." we need player who ARE a lot better than!

http://sports.nouvelobs.com/fr/football/angleterre/transferts.html

Very good little grid there for football rumours! (interesting to see Djibril Cisse being linked mind) Love how it just says, "Destination Unknown" for Babayaro. :lol:

Saviola would be a quality singing imho

He is good player but why do you think we need another striker like him when we have already Owen and Martins

Guest NUFC4

seen him play a couple times in the champions league.  solid player (way better than any of our outside backs) that starts every game for lille  :clap:

Guest SwissMagpie

i am following the french league,and see couple of games a week,Plestan is no more then an avrege CB.he was thrown out of Monaco two years ago and went to Lille.for Lille he is good defender,and for the Ligue 1 he is fine,but as far as for the EPL,he won't be a good CB as he is not quick,he is maybe playing strong but he is slow.

we all saw that Gooch was the best defender in Belgium and for the EPL he is not good enough.so the story of Plestan in the same.

if you want him for a back up,or third choice CB so it might be good deal/