Boro Press Conference at 1pm

Optimistic Nut

Guest triggy99

wow a lot of people on here over-rate Woodgate to a ridiculous extent.I mean the guy's a very good defender but to describe him as "world class"and "one of the best players in the world" is laughable tbh.

Am I the only person to spot the irony in someone called 'kingdawson' claiming Woodgate is overrated.

Dawson, the only man Shearer outpaced in his last two seasons at the club.

haha its funny because its true. his name should be donkeydawson

wow a lot of people on here over-rate Woodgate to a ridiculous extent.I mean the guy's a very good defender but to describe him as "world class"and "one of the best players in the world" is laughable tbh.

Am I the only person to spot the irony in someone called 'kingdawson' claiming Woodgate is overrated.

haha its funny because its true. his name should be donkeydawson

Is it not Ledley King Michael Dawson ???

If not it should be 'shitandslowasfukDawson'  O0

Guest kingdawson

Wow you really are slow arent you. Put tottenham's first choice centrebacks together and what do you get?. Being as you seem as slow as fuck ill do the equation for you, ledley KING + Michael DAWSON = KINGDAWSON :uglystupid2:

Guest triggy99

well to have dawson in your name must mean that you like him and thats a good enough reason to have a go at you for me when your the one saying we over-rate woodgate. If you think we over-rate woodgate you obviously havent seen him play.

Guest Billy Whitehurst

Wow you really are slow arent you. Put tottenham's first choice centrebacks together and what do you get?. Being as you seem as slow as f*** ill do the equation for you, ledley KING + Michael DAWSON = KINGDAWSON :uglystupid2:

Fair enough, I should have realised.

I had just (wrongly) assumed that you were as deluded as that other Spurs numpty who posts on here. 

Maybe Roeder is thinking the same as you so I don't see how this makes him and idiot or whatever you called him?

Is Wenger, Mourinho, Ferguson etc... Idiots? I am sure some of them would like a world class defender for £6.7m, especially Chelsea and its not as if they are short on funds.

man utd have ferdinand and vidic. chelsea have terry and carvalhio, arsenal have toure and gallas. we have taylor and bramble  :uglystupid2:

Chelsea have also has Essien at CB for numerous games and will no doubt be going for one in the summer.

The clubs you mentioned already have quality centre backs but still see him as a risk, we have nowhere near their quality so can't afford the risk.

Wow you really are slow arent you. Put tottenham's first choice centrebacks together and what do you get?. Being as you seem as slow as f*** ill do the equation for you, ledley KING + Michael DAWSON = KINGDAWSON :uglystupid2:

Fair enough, I should have realised.

I had just (wrongly) assumed that you were as deluded as that other Spurs numpty who posts on here. 

Just think, next year KD will have to change his username to Kingbramble

Guest kingdawson

well to have dawson in your name must mean that you like him and thats a good enough reason to have a go at you for me when your the one saying we over-rate woodgate. If you think we over-rate woodgate you obviously havent seen him play.

As i said in my earlier post, Woodgate is a very good defender BUT to call him "one of the best players in the world" is probably the most ridiculous thing iver heard and anyone that thinks otherwise is deluded.

Guest triggy99

Maybe Roeder is thinking the same as you so I don't see how this makes him and idiot or whatever you called him?

Is Wenger, Mourinho, Ferguson etc... Idiots? I am sure some of them would like a world class defender for £6.7m, especially Chelsea and its not as if they are short on funds.

man utd have ferdinand and vidic. chelsea have terry and carvalhio, arsenal have toure and gallas. we have taylor and bramble  :uglystupid2:

Chelsea have also has Essien at CB for numerous games and will no doubt be going for one in the summer.

The clubs you mentioned already have quality centre backs but still see him as a risk, we have nowhere near their quality so can't afford the risk.

I dont agree with you because i believe woodgates too good a player to have as a sub and i cant see mourinho playin him before carvalhio or terry

I dont agree with you because i believe woodgates too good a player to have as a sub and i cant see mourinho playin him before carvalhio or terry

Woodgate, Terry, Cole, 'need a decent right back', Cech would probably conceed < 10 goals over a season

ENGLAND defender Jonathan Woodgate was this afternoon unveiled as Boro's first summer signing after agreeing a four-year contract with his hometown club who will pay Real Madrid £7m.

The news was announced at a media conference held in the at the Riverside Stadium's Middlehaven Suite and attended by Woodgate, manager Gareth Southgate and chief executive Keith Lamb.

The 27-year-old has enjoyed a hugely successful season on loan from Real Madrid, during which he has regained his England place and looks to have overcome the injury problems that have blighted his career.

"It's a real boost for us, not only for now but in terms of planning for next season," said Southgate. "The opportunity to bring in a player of this quality does not happen very often. We said when he signed him on loan that it was a coup.

"But to now get him on a permanent basis is massive for this football club. He has shown us this season that he's as good as there is in the Premier League, and that's not something I say lightly."

Southgate believes Woodgate can become even better now that his injury woes appear to be behind him.

"He's always been keen to improve his own performances and we feel there's plenty more we can do to help him improve," he said.

"He can be much better yet. We have known this last couple of months that Woody wanted to stay. He came to tell me and the chairman that he would like to sign.

"Negotiations with Real Madrid have taken a little while, we had to be sure it was the right deal for this club. Now it's all done we're obviously delighted.

"It shows that we're moving in the right direction if we can attract a player of this quality.

"It's a particular boost it's happened so early. Last year we only really had Julio in before the start of the season but this is a great start and I aim to build on that."

Woodgate revealed that he took little persuading to put pen to paper and come home on a permanent basis.

"It's my hometown club and I always said it was fulfilling an ambition to play for Boro," he said.

"I know it will surprise some people but I'm happy here and there's nothing better than feeling happy.

"I've spoken to the chairman and he's told me how ambitious he is. He really didn't have to tell me that because my mind was made up.

"I will take great pride from helping to build something from scratch here."

"The fans have been brilliant with me ever since I got here, as I knew they would be."

Midfielder Lee Cattermole said the news would send huge reverberations through the squad.

"It's a great sign to the rest of us if a player of his quality feels he can fulfil his ambitions," said the England U21 star.

Woodgate has signed a four-year contract which will make him a Boro player from July 1.

Guest triggy99

As i said in my earlier post, Woodgate is a very good defender BUT to call him "one of the best players in the world" is probably the most ridiculous thing iver heard and anyone that thinks otherwise is deluded.

he is one of the best centrebacks in the world. if terry is class as world class woodgate certainly should be aswell

kingdawson suitably embarrassing himself again.

Fair play to Boro, I thought he'd leave, if they can get a signature on Viduka's deal now, they'll be alright next season. Without the pair of them, I was tipping them to go down.

Guest kingdawson

kingdawson suitably embarrassing himself again.Fair play to Boro, I thought he'd leave, if they can get a signature on Viduka's deal now, they'll be alright next season. Without the pair of them, I was tipping them to go down.

How by disagreeing that Woodgate is anywhere near one of the best players in the world? Say that to any neutral and see who's really embarrassing themselves.

Guest kingdawson

Woodgate, Terry, Cole, 'need a decent right back', Cech would probably conceed < 10 goals over a season

Carvalhio is a better defender then Woodgate so i fail to see how the addition of Woodgate to the Chelsea squad will drastically improve them. If anything, woodgate is similiar to Terry in terms of style of play. A relativly fast striker will out pace the pair like theres no tomorrow.

kingdawson suitably embarrassing himself again.Fair play to Boro, I thought he'd leave, if they can get a signature on Viduka's deal now, they'll be alright next season. Without the pair of them, I was tipping them to go down.

How by disagreeing that Woodgate is anywhere near one of the best players in the world? Say that to any neutral and see who's really embarrassing themselves.

Real Madrid paid £14m for him, despite the fact they knew he had chronic injury problems. Does that not tell you something?

But no, you know best. You'll be telling me Ledley King is better than him next.

Do you think any English CBs fit your criteria then?

Carvalhio is a better defender then Woodgate so i fail to see how the addition of Woodgate to the Chelsea squad will drastically improve them. If anything, woodgate is similiar to Terry in terms of style of play. A relativly fast striker will out pace the pair like theres no tomorrow.

Carvalho is crap compared to Woodgate, and certainly isn't any faster, but then again you talking about defensive pace while you wank over Dawson is beyond laughable.

:lol: Carvalho.

Jesper Gronkjaer might have been shite but he was like shit off a stick. Didn't stop Woodgate catching him up despite Gronkjaer having a ten yard head start.