Best pass by a Toon player?

Guest smoggeordie

Hamman to Saha, against Blackburn I think.  No idea why that sticks in the mind.

Coz it's one of the most outstanding goals ever scored in a black and white shirt (and white shorts, if I recall).

Anyone remember that lovely little chip Gazza played over the top one game just outside the box to Mirandinha?

f****** awesome that was.

Aye against Southampton, I was there, last minute winner as well that.

What about Dyers through ball to Bernard when we lost 3-2 against arse at highbury I think it was. Not bad really!

Those passes are easy, Bernard deserves just as much credit for the run he made.  If you've got the ball and someone is moving it doesn't take a world class footballer to pick them out, you do need some vision however and they always look good .  The best passes are the disguised ones, Messi does them all the time.

Your wrong, it wasn't easy because the night we played the pitch was very wet and this meant the pass had to be timed perfect.

Have you ever played football yourself, Alberto?  A greasy surface is ideal for sliding through balls, I was at Highbury that night, it did rain, but it was hardly Noah's Arc conditions.

It doesn't take a genius to work out the pass is harder to judge on a wet pitch than a dry one.

Exactly ye taakin fuckin pish.  How many times do you hear a commentator say "a nice greasy top, perfect conditions for football."  It's easy to judge a pass on a greasy top, as I said clearly you've never played the game at any sort of level.

Firstly, yes i've played football at a higher level than you have or ever will and secondly the thing between your ears is quite useful when used, the commentators saying this probably haven't played football in their lifetime either dickweed, yes it is better to pass the ball about to each other but that's direct to a player, judging the weight of a pass is completely different.

Look, you haven't the first clue what level I've played at so why speculate you idiot.  All I was saying was you talk s****.   Well in fairness I don't know if it's a regular thing you talking s**** because I don't read your posts.  The key point was you're saying it's easier to judge the weight of a pass on a dry surface, again pish, some surfaces are so inconsistent you can't read.  A lush surface like Highburym lightly watered is absolutely perfect for measuring passes, once again I find it unlikely you've played at any level.

Guest TheOrder

Think Alberto plays at a decent level IIRC.

However, a moist pitch, is a faster more fluid pitch. Perfect for passing.

Exactly.

Anything lower than Northern League isn't great, and anyone with a reasonable touch and good fitness can play at that level. 

Guest TheOrder

I've seen us water our attacking half, at half time, and leave the other half the same.

Last time I saw it was at Man City.

Exactly.

Anything lower than Northern League isn't great, and anyone with a reasonable touch and good fitness can play at that level. 

I realise at the age of 29 it must be hard to take the big 30 is coming up and your footballing days are coming to end as you played at a very high standard didn't you?  anyway the pitch wasn't lightly watered as it was raining anyway, have you not ever seen players trying to play straight balls to players on a wet pitch and it just skips away because it's very hard to judge this is the same, i was never arguing that passing on a damp pitch isn't better because it enables the game to flow more but in this particular goal it was harder.