Best pass by a Toon player?

Guest smoggeordie

so a player takes a corner and doesnt pick a player out. he just tries to put it in a good area. does that count as a pass?

when they take a corner some players are looking for a concrete teammate(Chelsea-Terry).So thats a pass

Hamman to Saha, against Blackburn I think.  No idea why that sticks in the mind.

That's a great shout, as is the Viana one. I think Viana's edges it for me, if you hit enough long balls you're always going to put in some class ones (see: Titus Bramble), but the guile and class of Viana's pass makes it stand out for me.

Triggy, by your logic a through ball would not count as a pass because the player would be playing the ball into an area for a player to run onto?

As far as i'm concerned, a cross is a flighted pass. 

None of them stand out, but to be fair Bramble can pull a few pearlers out the bag sometimes.

His pass for Shearer at Man City was canny, when he took it on his chest and smashed it in the top corner.

Guest triggy99

so a player takes a corner and doesnt pick a player out. he just tries to put it in a good area. does that count as a pass?

when they take a corner some players are looking for a concrete teammate(Chelsea-Terry).So thats a pass

and some dont, so therefore it is not a pass

Guest triggy99

Triggy, by your logic a through ball would not count as a pass because the player would be playing the ball into an area for a player to run onto?

As far as i'm concerned, a cross is flighted pass. 

i didnt say that. a through ball meant for a certain player is a pass. a high ball from a crossing postion isnt. its like saying when the keeper kicks the ball upfield out his hands saying that is a pass when its clearly not

i didnt say that. a through ball meant for a certain player is a pass. a high ball from a crossing postion isnt. its like saying when the keeper kicks the ball upfield out his hands saying that is a pass when its clearly not

I'm afraid it is. It might be a percentage pass, which is what you are refering to but that is still a pass.

If the kick went to the opposition it would still be a pass. Any attempt to distribute the ball to another player is a pass.

say that in a public and you will be pretty embarrassed

Guest triggy99

I'm afraid it is. It might be a percentage pass, which is what you are refering to but that is still a pass.

If the kick went to the opposition it would still be a pass. Any attempt to distribute the ball to another player is a pass.

not all crosses are attempts to distribute the ball to another player, some are just put into a good area so therefore it is not a pass

Guest makemeacupoftea

most players put it in a good area because you can't pick a player out as they are moving all the time.

Viana's for Bernard against Chelsea ~2003

Agreed, that was an absolute jewel of a pass.

The weighting, the height, the  angle, the direction and the timing, all 100% perfect.

great ball aye

anyone remember stephen glass's 50 yarder to nobby solano out on the left wing in a home game (opposition and year escapes me), then nobby taking the pass & crossing with the outside of his right foot from left wing for a goal?

i'm sure it happened but i drank more in those days

Guest JamesD

most players put it in a good area because you can't pick a player out as they are moving all the time.

I'll end this right here. When one player kicks the ball in an attempt to find another player, its a pass. Doesn;t matter if its in the air, on the ground, to space, to feet, or to anyother place one could kick a ball, its a pass.

Guest Southern Geordie

What about Dyers through ball to Bernard when we lost 3-2 against arse at highbury I think it was. Not bad really!