Allardyce left because of a lack of Funds

KaKa

According to the journalist who was in the Sky Sports studio this morning.

Apparently he was told he would have to raise money in order to bring in any new players and was essentially told that he would have to sell Anelka.

Allardyce was eager for financial backing this summer as he believed there would be money made availabe to him because of the new TV deal. He believed with a bit of money he could push Bolton even further and challenge for the champions league.

What do you guys think?

Hearing this I believe that he would definitely take the Newcastle job, because if there is one thing we do right it is provide money for managers. I bet Allardyce regrets not taking the Newcastle job when he was offered it! Big mistake by Sam.

Will be interesting to see what happens. I am happy for Roeder to stay in charge for now and as long as we get players in very early I think we will do well next season and if we end up being mediocre then we can make a managerial change then. It's a shame the bif Sam situation didn't arise next summer as it might have been perfect for us.

For now I think we should sit tight and continue with the summer plans we have put in place. Besides if we start very badly we can always do what we always do and bring Sam in a month into the new season!  ;D

This is from todays sun:

SAM ALLARDYCE quit Bolton because the board would not give him the cash to challenge the elite.

Allardyce resigned yesterday — just as we said he would in Saturday’s Sun.

Big Sam believed he could pull off the impossible and get Bolton into the Champions League next season.

But Wanderers chiefs refused to back him in the transfer market — despite a £50million windfall from the new TV deal.

Allardyce said: “It was mutually decided that I step down now rather than at the end of the season.

“I want to give my successor the opportunity to experience the preparation and build-up of matchday in readiness for next season.

“The decision to leave the football club, which has been my spiritual home for over 18 years as both player and manager, is one of the hardest decisions I have had to make in my life.

“However, after guiding the team into a position where the club is on the verge of qualification for European football for the second time in three years, I feel it is the right moment to step down from my duties.

“I am moving on with my life content with a legacy that I tried to create for this special club.”

Allardyce has been linked with Manchester City but he would have stayed at the Reebok if Bolton had backed him in the transfer market.

Chairman Phil Gartside wants £2million compensation if Allardyce goes to Eastlands.

Gartside believes Big Sam has been tapped up by the Ray Ranson consortium hoping to take over at City.

But Allardyce believes his hand was forced by the lack of ambition at the Reebok.

The team which came away from Chelsea with a 2-2 draw featured three players who earn less than £5,000 a week.

Allardyce reckoned the board was taking such miracles for granted. And he is happy to take six months out of the game to recharge his batteries

Gartside said: “Since joining the club as manager in October 1999, he has helped lead a fantastic transformation.

“He has helped design and build an infrastructure that will enable the club to continue the progress that we have undoubtedly made in his period of office.

“He has given his reasons for wanting to leave the club at this time, which are private and we respect that privacy.

“I would like to wish Sam and his family every success in the future.”

Bolton striker Kevin Davies insisted Allardyce had not mentioned anything before Saturday’s game with Chelsea about his decision to quit.

But Big Sam failed to attend the post-match Press conference.

Davies said: “He’s a top-class manager and he obviously just decided it was time to try something different.

“It’s a big shock and we’re going to miss him.

“I would be a little bit disappointed if he goes to a club beneath us but it’s his decision.”

Apparently he was told he would have to raise money in order to bring in any new players and was essentially told that he would have to sell Anelka.

Allardyce was eager for financial backing this summer as he believed there would be money made availabe to him because of the new TV deal. He believed with a bit of money he could push Bolton even further and challenge for the champions league.

What do you guys think?

Hearing this I believe that he would definitely take the Newcastle job, because if there is one thing we do right it is provide money for managers. I bet Allardyce regrets not taking the Newcastle job when he was offered it! Big mistake by Sam.

Will be interesting to see what happens. I am happy for Roeder to stay in charge for now and as long as we get players in very early I think we will do well next season and if we end up being mediocre then we can make a managerial change then. It's a shame the bif Sam situation didn't arise next summer as it might have been perfect for us.

For now I think we should sit tight and continue with the summer plans we have put in place. Besides if we start very badly we can always do what we always do and bring Sam in a month into the new season!  ;D

I'm not surprised tbh.  There have been persistent noises about SA having taken Bolton as far as he could.  Bolton have been reluctant to spend a lot more because better and more expensive payers won't convert into more bums on seats, more sponsorship or a better position in the league.  Allardyce will go to Citeh if Ranson's consortium is successful from what journos are saying, if not, who knows?

The fact that, with Bolton's agreement, Spurs have had talks with Anelka ( >:() says quite a bit really.

What do you guys think?

I'm not surprised tbh.  There have been persistent noises about SA having taken Bolton as far as he could.  Bolton have been reluctant to spend a lot more because better and more expensive payers won't convert into more bums on seats, more sponsorship or a better position in the league.  Allardyce will go to Citeh if Ranson's consortium is successful from what journos are saying, if not, who knows?

The fact that, with Bolton's agreement, Spurs have had talks with Anelka ( >:() says quite a bit really.

Anelka to replace Berbatov?

What do you guys think?

Juve have offerred €14.6m Euro for Anelka which Bolton were considering 2 weeks ago, that was the start of the end for SA. I can understand his frustration. IMO they are 2 big players short of challenging for top 4.

Anelka would be a huge asset to any PL club. :parky:

What do you guys think?

Juve have offerred 14.6m Euro for Anelka which Bolton were considering 2 weeks ago, that was the start of the end for SA. I can understand his frustration. IMO they are 2 big players short of challenging for top 4.

Isn't that what Bolton payed for him though?

So they aren't even looking to make a profit on Anelka?

Gartside is an idiot ...

What do you guys think?

:lol: :lol:

No, re-hash of the 4 strikers.  Berbs, Keane plus 2 from Anelka, Cisse, Bent and a few other names doing the rounds.  Citeh still want Mido ( :rolleyes:) and Villa are still the most active in showing interest in Defoe.  Who we finally wind up with God knows, but Comolli signed Anelka for the scum and is keen to do so again.  Jol isn't keen on the idea at all!

What do you guys think?

Juve have offerred ?14.6m Euro for Anelka which Bolton were considering 2 weeks ago, that was the start of the end for SA. I can understand his frustration. IMO they are 2 big players short of challenging for top 4.

Gartside is an idiot ...

That is £10m pounds a £2m profit.

What do you guys think?

No, re-hash of the 4 strikers.  Berbs, Keane plus 2 from Anelka, Cisse, Bent and a few other names doing the rounds.  Citeh still want Mido ( :rolleyes:) and Villa are still the most active in showing interest in Defoe.  Who we finally wind up with God knows, but Comolli signed Anelka for the scum and is keen to do so again.  Jol isn't keen on the idea at all!

I don't think Berbs will leave Spurs unless there is an insane offer.

What do you guys think?

Wouldn't Anelka just be another Mido?

Pissed off all the time because he isn't in the first team?

Ridiculous move by Spurs if it happens ...

What do you guys think?

Juve have offerred ?14.6m Euro for Anelka which Bolton were considering 2 weeks ago, that was the start of the end for SA. I can understand his frustration. IMO they are 2 big players short of challenging for top 4.

Gartside is an idiot ...

£2 million?

Gartside is still an idiot ...

What do you guys think?

Gartside is an idiot ...

£2 million?

Gartside is still an idiot ...

Agreed. I wouldn't take £15m for Anelka. :nope:

What do you guys think?

Not the plan as far I can gather.

Comolli ideally wants 4 intelligent strikers, not to be all the same style and not to include 2 little ones.  Anelka would certainly qualify under that criteria, Comolli thinks Spurs would be more efficient with a first choice pairing of 2 taller mobile strikers such as Berbatov and Anelka.  Jol is not yet convinced although he does accept that Anelka/Bergkamp, Bergkamp/Henry etc worked at Arsenal and Comolli played a big part in that by doing a lot of the donkey work in signing Anelka and Henry.

What do you guys think?

Not the plan as far I can gather.

Comolli ideally wants 4 intelligent strikers, not to be all the same style and not to include 2 little ones.  Anelka would certainly qualify under that criteria, Comolli thinks Spurs would be more efficient with a first choice pairing of 2 taller mobile strikers such as Berbatov and Anelka.  Jol is not yet convinced although he does accept that Anelka/Bergkamp, Bergkamp/Henry etc worked at Arsenal and Comolli played a big part in that by doing a lot of the donkey work in signing Anelka and Henry.

Wow so no Robbie Keane?

Keane has been great and his natural chemistry with Berbatov is something that probably shouldn't be tampered with.

I seriously can't see Berbatov at Spurs next season. As soon as the summer comes and he knows the real big boys are after him, he'll be off.

Yeah i agree. Shame shearer aint still playing (don't start) or else he'd come to us to play with his idol...

Is there a player in the game spurs aren't trying to sign? They will be moving on to Jonny Wilkinson and Gavin Henson next!

;D Gavin would fit in well with Goldfish..they could swap leg shaving secrets