Coaching badges what do they entail?

Guest thenorthumbrian

Guest thenorthumbrian

Every player seems to go on these courses but what do they have to do to qualify ?

Has anyone on here been on one?

Surely to be a great manager it's more about presence,  motivation and even the ability to put a bit of fear in players at times than going on courses to know how to put out cones for training sessions.

And there was a fuss about Roeder not having his pro-licence a while ago but the great managers of the past like Clough or Shankly didn't need one did they, and Ferguson was exempt from having to take his pro licence and he's the most succesful manager of his generation.

Roeder could have coaching and managerial badges coming out of his ears and he would still come across as an insipid, sly and clueless tw@t.

Coaching qualifaications are probably neccesary for people who coach kids but at the top level are they even needed ?

I honestly dont have a clue but I think its fair to say that Ferguson and Bob Paisley are the best adverts for it not being necessary.

Your either born a good manager or your not - cant be taught in a bloody classroom

It is only people in this country that have problem with people getting a grounding in coaching. In 10 years time no one will even talk about this as it will be the normal thing for a coach to do.

Fergie always employs a number 2 with a load of coaching badges Kidd, McClaren  & CQ.  The current Liverpool,Chelsea & Arsenal managers all have the spotter badges. But no one likes to mention that, it is much better to say Pardew & Boothroyd have them aka as the gimps.

The thing is, a Manager and a Coach are completely separate jobs.

A Manager needs to be able to deal with players ego's and internal problems and that is something that you cant teach in a classroom. Thats all down to individual personality and temperament.

I would probably agree that the people who have the title of "Coach" require the correct badges but as far as the Manager goes, I dont think it should be a requirement.

the first one is utter gash, the 2nd is fairly piss but you've gotta coach for about six months.

then they go on about technique, sports science etc etc but you wont get a badge unless you're working as a coach (even for some u12s if needed)

I honestly dont have a clue but I think its fair to say that Ferguson and Bob Paisley are the best adverts for it not being necessary.

Your either born a good manager or your not - cant be taught in a bloody classroom

bertie mee's a better example,was arsenals club physio before becoming manager.