Who is the most overrated player in Europe?

Guest nufc_geordie

Guest nufc_geordie

You have three votes, lets keep it clean and forget about arguments, just peoples opinions, all you have to state are three names, no more, no less:

1. Frank Lampard

2. Raul

3. Paulo Ferreira

1. Steven Taylor

2. Frank Lampard

3. Oba Martins

Steven Taylor? If you'd said that a few months ago, I could understand it (a bit), but now?

My choices -

1. Cristiano Ronaldo - he's a very good player, but he's still got a fair bit to learn about when to keep and when to release the ball. Not anywhere near the best in the world yet.

2. Michael Owen - again, a good player who poses a threat, but he hasn't lived up to the reputation that he built up in the early stages of his career.

3. David Beckham - not sure how you'd define his reputation right now, but I have never known a footballer where the gap between his standing in the game and his actual ability was so huge.

1. Steven Taylor

2. Frank Lampard

3. Oba Martins

Steven Taylor? If you'd said that a few months ago, I could understand it (a bit), but now?

My choices -

1. Cristiano Ronaldo - he's a very good player, but he's still got a fair bit to learn about when to keep and when to release the ball. Not anywhere near the best in the world yet.

2. Michael Owen - again, a good player who poses a threat, but he hasn't lived up to the reputation that he built up in the early stages of his career.

3. David Beckham - not sure how you'd define his reputation right now, but I have never known a footballer where the gap between his standing in the game and his actual ability was so huge.

Oh no don't dare say such a thing, the posse will round on you now.

Ibrahimovic

Freddy Adu

Nesta

Sergio Ramos

Puyol

Andy Johnson

Ronaldinho (shock, horror)

Jermaine Jenas (everyone bar Newcastle and to an extent Spurs fans think he's top class)

Thread title not escape you?

Theo Walcott

Robihno

Ramage(he should be playing in the Conference not in the Premiership)

Who the hell rates Ramage?

Glenn Roeder

Who else... :uglystupid2: :uglystupid2:

1. Steven Taylor

2. Frank Lampard

3. Oba Martins

My choices -

Maybe I'm being a bit reactive. I just thought he played like a great big egotistical jerk last night. Whereas Paul Scholes - who really should have been Footballer of the Year - gave a magnificent performance in a midfield that was being overrun.

1. Steven Taylor

2. Frank Lampard

3. Oba Martins

My choices -

Maybe I'm being a bit reactive. I just thought he played like a great big egotistical jerk last night. Whereas Paul Scholes - who really should have been Footballer of the Year - gave a magnificent performance in a midfield that was being overrun.

Don't worry mate I'm firmly in your corner and stand by everything that I've originally said about Ronaldo when he's up against top class opposition and last night proved it again.