Time to get rid of Harper?

Dokko

It's unrealistic to even consider moving Harper on. I'm pretty sure he's had the chance of a move before now and he's never showed the ambition to be a No. 1 somewhere else. That's the major problem I've got with him. He's quite happy to warm the bench playing a few games a season whenever Given is injured or suspended.

WHERE THE FUCK'S HIS AMBITION??

He's probably a very rich bloke by now and he'll never have to work again in his life but what the fuck's he going to tell his kids and grandkids? "I was the second best goalie at Newcastle for ages you know. Aye, played about 60 games in my career up there I did!"

And he's also very, very ordinary.  :rolleyes:

It's unrealistic to even consider moving Harper on. I'm pretty sure he's had the chance of a move before now and he's never showed the ambition to be a No. 1 somewhere else. That's the major problem I've got with him. He's quite happy to warm the bench playing a few games a season whenever Given is injured or suspended.

WHERE THE FUCK'S HIS AMBITION??

He's probably a very rich bloke by now and he'll never have to work again in his life but what the fuck's he going to tell his kids and grandkids? "I was the second best goalie at Newcastle for ages you know. Aye, played about 60 games in my career up there I did!"

And he's also very, very ordinary.  :rolleyes:

8)

Guest NUFCnutter

What we could probably do with is a change in goalkeeper coaching. Get someone new in to improve Given and Harper's weak points. And while you can question Harper's ambition, there is no questioning the lad's loyalty. He could have been England's keeper had he moved on, but he chose to stay, and by doing that he has had to play second fiddle to Shay. However I applaud him for that.

There was talk when England were on the ropes for keepers that Harper could of been the man if he could get regular football, well its just not the case really, and was blind favoritism from anyone (including me) who said so.

He's done his job as back-up very well, he's sat on the bench and kept quiet and without costing too much. Called into action when needed for the 1st time in several years this season and for me was average, sometimes very poor, but sometimes he pulled off one two solid saves.

But for me he brings nothing to the goalkeeping situation anymore. I'd rather have Tim Krul as no2, but if would be unfair on the young lad who desperately needs games to bring on his ability.

Its been well known for some time now poor Harper is a Given clone, only not as good in every department, and that for me lies the biggest problem. He doesn't push Given at all, he doesn't make Given want to sort out his organistation of the defense, his kicking or any other area he is weak in, and certainly cannot teach him anything either.

To top all that i would like to see Harper have a career of his own, and show us the ability we all thought he once had, but it wont happen here. For me its time to sell and to replace him with an aging giant of the game, or a keeper who is so vastly different it will make Given stand up and improve and finally have some competition as Harper offers none & Krul is about 5 years away for being a realistic option.

Harper and ability in the same paragraph?

Behave yourself man, he is garbage. Would struggle to get into a bottom half side in the Championship. He has been kept here because he is a local lad, just like Lee Clark.

Get rid sharpish.