Fat Fred Speaks About Owen Loyalty...................

Guest nufc_geordie

Guest Geordiesned

On the 20 minute version they're singing "we only drink whisky and bottles of brown". Erm, why?

On the 20 minute version they're singing "we only drink whisky and bottles of brown". Erm, why?

I haven't seen it but I can guess they don't know the words to the song.

Guest Knightrider

You can now see why he was caught with his trousers down in Spain by the NOTW...

I fail to see how anyone can view that video in any other light than embarrassing and unprofessional. This isn't Freddy Shepherd local cafe owner, this is Freddy Shepherd chairman and major shareholder of a PLC company basically making an utter tit of himself and by extention our club... again.

If I was Owen watching that I'd be instructing my agents to "get me the fuck away from here".

Guest Geordiesned

I haven't seen it but I can guess they don't know the words to the song.

No, it's a tape they've got on in the van. A Scouse version of "Geordies - cock of the north" but they talk about drining bottles of brown!

I actually recognise the lad in the Liverpool strip but I'm trying to remember where from!

You can now see why he was caught with his trousers down in Spain by the NOTW...

I fail to see how anyone can view that video in any other light than embarrassing and unprofessional. This isn't Freddy Shepherd local cafe owner, this is Freddy Shepherd chairman and major shareholder of a PLC company basically making an utter tit of himself and by extention our club... again.

If I was Owen watching that I'd be instructing my agents to "get me the f*** away from here".

I'm not really commenting on this video as I haven't got access to it but if Owen wanted an excuse to leave Newcastle, I think we've handed it to him on a plate this last few days, as you say, its very unprofessional.

No, it's a tape they've got on in the van. A Scouse version of "Geordies - cock of the north" but they talk about drining bottles of brown!

I actually recognise the lad in the Liverpool strip but I'm trying to remember where from!

Not guilty, I hope somebody has ripped it so that I can see it in a couple of weeks.

Guest smoggeordie

i was sure it was NSG...

Why?

i was sure it was NSG...

Why?

beecoz he lux lyke what ye do n that lyke from what ive seen of your sky sports screen grabs n that lyk

Guest Knightrider

If I was Owen watching that I'd be instructing my agents to "get me the f*** away from here".

I'm not really commenting on this video as I haven't got access to it but if Owen wanted an excuse to leave Newcastle, I think we've handed it to him on a plate this last few days, as you say, its very unprofessional.

Oh aye, agree fully. Wouldn't blame him if he left, although I think he'd be a prick if he did and would expect him to give us at least a year. People may say he doesn't owe us, true, but while we were daft enough to buy him he was daft enough to sign for us so this is a two way thing here.

Oh aye, agree fully. Wouldn't blame him if he left, although I think he'd be a prick if he did and would expect him to give us at least a year. People may say he doesn't owe us, true, but while we were daft enough to buy him he was daft enough to sign for us so this is a two way thing here.

If the chairman of my company spoke about me the way Freddy has talked about Owen then I'd do everything within my powers to get away.  What has been reported is in the public domain is pathetic and should never have been reported as coming straight from Shepherds mouth, put yourself in his position and think what you would do.

I'm 95% sure you'd be on your bike, even if you're not.

It's good to see Freddy having a laugh like.

20 minute was a bit boring though.

Why are they letting us drive around the training ground?

Err, probably because no-one was there?  Who gives a **** if you drive through the car park lol.

Guest Knightrider

If the chairman of my company spoke about me the way Freddy has talked about Owen then I'd do everything within my powers to get away.  What has been reported is in the public domain is pathetic and should never have been reported as coming straight from Shepherds mouth, put yourself in his position and think what you would do.

I'm 95% sure you'd be on your bike, even if you're not.

Depends Mick, I'd like to think I'm a decent person and would give the club the benefit of the doubt for the time being and at least score a few goals for the fans if no-one else, safe in the knowledge that should I, my stock will only rise more and may even help me secure a better move thereafter.

If he did leave though I wouldn't blame him one bit and would understand perfectly well if that did happen, wouldn't stop me from thinking he's a prick though given the money he's picked up here for doing fuck all and how we've aided his recovery. I'd be pissed off in that sense.

I'm in the minority I know, but...I found it quite funny. 

A different side of the glum fat bloke we normally see at the matches.  He's chatty, has a joke with the two Scouse loons and lets loose at Owen's agent.  I'm not a fat Fred fan at all, but he's actually gone up in my estimation with this clip.

Now we just need a couple of enterprising Toon fans armed with a camcorder/baseball bat to ambush Owen's agent...

I'm sure miseries on the board will be picking at the bad points of this video but.....I found it funny.

A sense of humour about the situation and some answers in a way, good on ya fred  :laugh2:

Guest BooBoo

I'm beginning to think more and more that it would be better if the little twerp just packed his bags and left.

1. Its unlikely he really wants to be here. Sven told the Fake Sheik ( bluelaugh.gif) that Owen wasnt happy with NUFC but was loving the money.

2. The money we receive could help an incoming manager restructure his side.

3. Would save a huge wedge on wages that we probably cant afford.

4. I have huge reservations whether he and Oba can play together.

5. Remains to be seen whether he's the same player after nearly two years on the sick bed.

6. IF he stays, its likely to be only for another year, so hardly part of the managers long term plans.

7. Very prone to picking up niggles that keep him out for 2-3 weeks at a time.

Owen is unquestionably a good player, but we are about to enter a new era and the playing staff need a radical overhauling. I just cant see the point keeping someone who's probably got an eye on bigger things and until he's sold it will be a constant tale in the press of Club X or Y wanting to buy him.

He was a reckless gamble that sadly hasnt worked and I think it will be in our best long term interests if we just took the money and ran. Fingers burnt once more.

Guest TheOrder

I'm beginning to think more and more that it would be better if the little twerp just packed his bags and left.

1. Its unlikely he really wants to be here. Sven told the Fake Sheik ( bluelaugh.gif) that Owen wasnt happy with NUFC but was loving the money.

5. Remains to be seen whether he's the same player after nearly two years on the sick bed.

6. IF he stays, its likely to be only for another year, so hardly part of the managers long term plans.

Owen is unquestionably a good player, but we are about to enter a new era and the playing staff need a radical overhauling. I just cant see the point keeping someone who's probably got an eye on bigger things and until he's sold it will be a constant tale in the press of Club X or Y wanting to buy him.

He was a reckless gamble that sadly hasnt worked and I think it will be in our best long term interests if we just took the money and ran. Fingers burnt once more.

Thats exactly how I feel.

Guest Knightrider

He should never have been signed in the first place, a few of us were ripped into for suggesting it at the time and while this isn't a "told you so" I think a fair few were blown away by the whole transfer and got all giddy because we signed Michael Owen, none more so than the Fat Man.

If a release clause does exist or a European football one, this just shows you how delusional FS is, in Freddy's world, NUFC will always qualify for Europe and no player wants to leave the Toon. Mind, we shouldn't be surprised, this is the man that thought Graeme Souness would be a hit here.

I'd sell Owen like, I think we may not have a choice now, what a joke.

Thats exactly how I feel.

Much as he is, by a country mile, the best of the (two) Premiership strikers we have, he has to go, like.

If he doesn't, he'll be a weight hanging around the next managers neck, unable to build a team around him cos he's bound to go at some point, unable to give him what he wants (we can't turn into a big club and won't be challenging for a CL place for the foreseeable), waiting to be dropped in it. And we'll get less than £9m next summer.

Fuck.