Big Phil Interested?

Guest nufc_geordie

Guest Knightrider

NM I get the impression you wouldn't be happy with anyone tbh.

Is it just the brand of football?

I've posted on here about Roeder and Souness as our managers, and Fat Heed as a potential, so you're not basing your impression on much.

Not the brand of football, i don't think Bolton actually play as much bad football as they get accused of. They are a physical side, certainly, sometimes too much so in todays game, but its not all Route One stuff as far as i can see.

i just don't hold out much hope that he will do what we need in the medium term.

Just messing man, I'm sure we'll get some positive comment from you one day ;)

Your last point is interesting because I doubt any manager can, not one we can attract anyway or would go for but long-term which is what it is going to take - time - I think SA will sort most of it out. IMO anyway.

I've posted on here about Roeder and Souness as our managers, and Fat Heed as a potential, so you're not basing your impression on much.

Not the brand of football, i don't think Bolton actually play as much bad football as they get accused of. They are a physical side, certainly, sometimes too much so in todays game, but its not all Route One stuff as far as i can see.

i just don't hold out much hope that he will do what we need in the medium term.

Your last point is interesting because I doubt any manager can, not one we can attract anyway or would go for but long-term which is what it is going to take - time - I think SA will sort most of it out. IMO anyway.

Here's a positive one for you - i'm POSITIVE we won't be challenging for 4th next season.

Maybe i'm being overly harsh, but i juts don't get the impression that Sam has the right stuff. too much whining and avoiding the blame. I'm scared in case it gets a bit deja vu. again.

Guest Knightrider

Here's a positive one for you - i'm POSITIVE we won't be challenging for 4th next season.

Maybe i'm being overly harsh, but i juts don't get the impression that Sam has the right stuff. too much whining and avoiding the blame. I'm scared in case it gets a bit deja vu. again.

We could have Mourinho here and I'm confident we wouldn't be challenging for 4th. Will take time to get back to that level. SA likes a whinge but he rarely makes excuses, not if his team have performed badly and lost anyway, he is often very damning and critical without naming names. And any goal that gets conceded unless it really is a wonder goal incenses him.... he'll have a heart attack here then :lol:

Least with SA, you can guarantee where it matters (training/dressing room) there will be no players excused for poor performances, mistakes or letting others down, unlike previous with managers.

He should irritate the oppo more than us lot with his pre and post match comments.

We don't want foreigners at our club, especially if they are almost black.

Wouldn't want him anyway as i don't think he'd hang about long term.

well what about roy keane....the sunderlands fans can live with it

We need something long term to develop.  Phil will not stay here long term

So is SA the man to do it LONG TERM??

We don't want foreigners at our club, especially if they are almost black.

Wouldn't want him anyway as i don't think he'd hang about long term.

well what about roy keane....the sunderlands fans can live with it

We need something long term to develop.  Phil will not stay here long term

So is SA the man to do it LONG TERM??

Exactly, like I said before, this is a man who said he would be retiring from football this time next year when his Bolton Contract run out.

So he has a great season for us next year and we do well, Steve McClaren gets sacked as England manager. Do you think his Whoreish behaviour wont return to get the England managers job, and would the FA have any better prospective English managers. Would he be able to turn down a bigger job?

The flip side is, he doesnt do well and half of the fans will be on his back after six months calling for his head and we are back to square one again.