Big Phil Interested?

Guest nufc_geordie

Ill be happy with Big Phil.Hes not a bad coach either,but to be safe,its better to choose Big Sam.

Yup, mid table safety. Just what we need in the long term.

Allardyce's record at Bolton doesn't suggest that's all he would be capable of at a club with our resources.

I was one of the few who picked big phil in the poll the other day for the next manager. My thinking was that he would either be brilliant or a disaster, don't think they'd be an in between. Based on that I'd take the gamble.

Wish it were true as he beats Big Sam in every department, unfortunately I imagine it's the work of a comic non-genius.

Would have been a great one though, a World Cup winning pedigree is exactly the no-bull kinda of leadership we need when it comes to certain pampered players!

I'm happy with Allardyce if he comes because he would fix a lot of things which are the roots of our problems. I reckon he'd have us progress very steadily.

But Scolari would be an altogether different level of manager, with him in charge I firmly believe we could be looking at challenging for Top 4 within a couple of years. Very good manager by all accounts.

Not entirely impossible it'll happen either, as I can imagine he'd be looking at managing in either England or Spain at some point and we're one of the better prospects here outside the Top 4.

I'm happy with Allardyce if he comes because he would fix a lot of things which are the roots of our problems. I reckon he'd have us progress very steadily.

But Scolari would be an altogether different level of manager, with him in charge I firmly believe we could be looking at challenging for Top 4 within a couple of years. Very good manager by all accounts.

Not entirely impossible it'll happen either, as I can imagine he'd be looking at managing in either England or Spain at some point and we're one of the better prospects here outside the Top 4.

With Mourinho, Fergie, Wenger, Benitez, Jol or Moyes not looking like they are going anywhere surely we are the best prospect for any would be prem manager? No?

Guest Gemmill

With Mourinho, Fergie, Wenger, Benitez, Jol or Moyes not looking like they are going anywhere surely we are the best prospect for any would be prem manager? No?

Aye but unfortunately we're restricted to fat boy's shortlist.  I doubt Scolari's on it.  In fact I suspect there's only one name on it at the minute.

Aye but unfortunately we're restricted to fat boy's shortlist.  I doubt Scolari's on it.  In fact I suspect there's only one name on it at the minute.

Aye, and the other side says "Greggs". 

See what I done there?  I basically implied that, such is Shepherd's love of eating, that he even uses the paper bags that you get from Greggs as improvised note paper.

I wouldn't say Allardyce is as done a deal as is being made out. Wasn't it almost identical this time last year to the O'Neill stories?

Another fair point.

Yes, it was. Although the confirmations came from ITKs on here, whereas at least the papers etc have touched upon it this time.

I would say so, yes.

And I kind of did tbh.  :razz:

Depends on how soon Scolari wants to move into club management though. He might fancy one more major tournament with Portugal then look for a new job next summer, but even then there's not a whole lot of chance that any club particularly more attractive than us in England will be looking for a manager, barring takeovers.

Mourinho could leave, but I don't see them going for Big Phil.

From the Chronicle

"The Chronicle was told from Portugal on Tuesday that big Phil Scolari was a rival to Big Sam, but we did not take this seriously - and neither are United."

Guest nyscooby

Scolari, hows the team going to pull together knoing the coach doesnt understand a word they say?

Made up tabloid bullshit. Save your dreaming for the Euro lottery.

From the Chronicle

"The Chronicle was told from Portugal on Tuesday that big Phil Scolari was a rival to Big Sam, but we did not take this seriously - and neither are United."

Big Phil must be getting pissed off on the phone.

"No it really is me, and I am really interested, why doesnt anyone believe me?"

Big Phil is the topline, top draw version of Big Sam, they would both shake our whole club up and both embrace new technology and fitness and training methods. Scholari is just an infinately better manager all round. Never going to happen though.

Guest nyscooby

At the end of the day we need a touchline manager who yells his tits off for his team and knows the English game throigh experience.

Simple as that...

The only real thing that separates Wenger, Ferguson, Murinio is budget...

Saying that GS is always going to be a pile of shite...... :-)