3rd time lucky for Freddy & United? I think so

Guest Knightrider

After reading this page, i would have to agree with Ne5. It annoys me when people harp on about the next manager has to play "entertaining football", when we are not even playing football at the moment.

I say win some football matches and gets some achievements before complining about luxuries such as entertainment. If we are scoring goals and winning games that'l do me.

I've said this before but I don't understand how anyone who saw England under Eriksson would want him here.

No width.

Bad movement.

Alot of great players, few great performances.

Poor tactics.

Slow and poor substitutions.

Clueless in the latter stages of cup competitions.

Stuck rigidly to his favourite players....

AND dour football. Give me Big Sam anyday.

because i know what he is capable of. england was a major blip, i agree, though 3QF aren't good enough with the squad we had, euro2004 had final written all over it until rooney, WC had disaster with rooney and owen and WC2002 was just unlcky. Cant realy go into much detail because am pretty confident that these are are dismissable opinions. But at club level what he achieved was unprecedented with any nufc manager in the past. bar SBR maybe

Guest BooBoo

Hmmm. Playing like Chelsea and even having a slice of their success would more than do me.

This "Newcastle fans demand entertaining football" is as much crap media guff as "Newcastle fans would rather win the FA Cup than the league."

I've said this before but I don't understand how anyone who saw England under Eriksson would want him here.

No width.

Bad movement.

Alot of great players, few great performances.

Poor tactics.

Slow and poor substitutions.

Clueless in the latter stages of cup competitions.

Stuck rigidly to his favourite players....

AND dour football. Give me Big Sam anyday.

this is true. How anyone can think we would play entertaining football under Eriksson astounds me. His whole philosophy is steeped in the Italian methods and he showed it with England, consistently in cup competitions. He is the only England manager I've ever known who was 30 minutes going out of the World Cup against 10 men, and took off a forward for a forward, and had one shot at goal for the rest of the match.

Hmmm. Playing like Chelsea and even having a slice of their success would more than do me.

This "Newcastle fans demand entertaining football" is as much crap media guff as "Newcastle fans would rather win the FA Cup than the league."

I don't think so. I can't believe you have just said that after reading all the comments on here - and not just in this thread - about the possible tactics of Allardyce

Guest BooBoo

The majority of people on Newcastle Online do not really represent the SJP crowd. There's only a small % of people on here actually go to the games.

After reading this page, i would have to agree with Ne5. It annoys me when people harp on about the next manager has to play "entertaining football", when we are not even playing football at the moment.

I say win some football matches and gets some achievements before complining about luxuries such as entertainment. If we are scoring goals and winning games that'l do me.

if i said that i am not sayin that good football is a requiremtn, and is merely just a 'side effect' of the whole scenario doe that make it any bette?if i was to swap it around and say we play crap football get us consistenlty in the top 5 but no cup win, i'd defo prefer that to top 8 crap footy with a cup win. I just think it appeals to future managers to see a team playin beautiful football. more so than an ugly team.

I rate Erikkson as a manager but the best word to desribe his england time is stale. After a time they were playing boring football with players like gerrard, lampard and rooney. Imagine what someone like mourinho would have done with them.

Like i say i rate Erikkson but wouldn't have him before Big Sam.

The majority of people on Newcastle Online do not really represent the SJP crowd. There's only a small % of people on here actually go to the games.

Kinda the point of a forum though imo. Anyway, time for a poll! ;)

Actually, you're wrong about the FA Cup business being "media guff" as much as I'd like to agree 'cos I hate the media. Fact is, I remember Shearer being interviewed on 3rd Round day when he clearly stated the FA Cup is so special for Newcastle fans he thought winning the FA Cup would be better than winning the league. It's one of the things that makes me worried about him ever becoming manager of the club, he spouts shite and that was some of the worst.

Guest BooBoo

I would be interested to see who and how many are season ticket holders. I would guess at less than 25%.

if i said that i am not sayin that good football is a requiremtn, and is merely just a 'side effect' of the whole scenario doe that make it any bette?if i was to swap it around and say we play crap football get us consistenlty in the top 5 but no cup win, i'd defo prefer that to top 8 crap footy with a cup win. I just think it appeals to future managers to see a team playin beautiful football. more so than an ugly team.

Good football is successfull football. Success is measured by points, positions and trophies. I don't care about scenarios, i just want points, positions and trophies. It doesn't matter how "boring" some people may think it is.

When we have started winning games we can discuss the topic of entertainment. Which i assume is what you refer to as arsenals pass and move or man utds width play. 

Just wanna clarfy my point then...

Would prefer sven over sam - yes....i think that sven is comparable to the curren top4 managers in EPL, i dont think SA is. Although i am not against Sam

I dont believe sven would of brought greatly attractive football, but i am very confident SA wont.

I would defo take consistent top 5 finishes on top of top 8 finishes ith a cup,purely for the position it pts us in finacially, status wise, moral wise.

Bolton wher they are now but with a cup win or nufc just when SBR left.... nufc post SBR 10 times out of 10.

Good football is successfull football. Success is measured by points, positions and trophies. I don't care about scenarios, i just want points, positions and trophies. It doesn't matter how "boring" some people may think it is.

When we have started winning games we can discuss the topic of entertainment. Which i assume is what you refer to as arsenals pass and move or man utds width play. 

Well thats kinda pissed on the whole point of my scenorios. i gav the scenario for a reason, will someone please stick to it.