3rd time lucky for Freddy & United? I think so

Guest Knightrider

really?? lol, you've blown me apart there, pretty shocked by that, in 5 years time you'd be happy with stillbeing a mid table team?

So in essence you'd prefer a team like spuds when george graham was in charge to newcastle when SBR was in charge???

I'd like us to win as many games as possible. Don't care how we win them.

I'm not kidding myself, it'll take a few years to sort this club out but if he puts things in place - success in the League will follow. While we're waiting, a Cup win would be much appreciated.  :cheesy:

Would you rather us play pretty football, finishing 5th and winning nowt? f*** that - want to celebrate something.

that is shockingly blingsighted, of course i would prefer the cosistent top 5 with great football. Do you not see how important it is to estabilish the club for the future. Making this club more attractive to any top class manager is my priority, one who would take usto that next step on wininng that important trophy. But to say you'd prfer crap football with mid table prosperity is absurd at which point are we realising our potential???

shocking

:lol:

Erm, aye!

I'd prefer crap, effective winning football and I've already said if he gets it right, we'll finish high enough in the League. All I'm saying is - I wouldn't mind seeing us pick up a trophy in the next few years. We played some of the best football in Europe for a few years under Keegan without winning a thing.

And what has Fat Heed won?

Well who would you prefer to see in charge?

Is that the only response there is to anyone who doesn't tow the party line???

It's a simple question.

Who would you prefer to see in charge?

Ok, but first: Why do you want SA?

As for who i want: i want a manager from whom i get the gut feeling that he can actually do something with us, can create the squad, the mentality and the structure that we need to actually be uccessful. I want a manager who has a track record of achievement, and one who has the ability to make the right changes.

I don't really want Allardyce, Houllier would be my first choice.

However I know full well that Shepherd isn't going to employ him, or any other foreign manager for that matter so Allardyce is the best out of the managers he's likely to be interested in, I'm not thrilled about his appointment however I'm prepared to give him time, something I never did for Souness or Roeder.

Can he win us something? I doubt it, as long as he sorts this club out behind the scenes and can make us at least look like a professional setup rather than the Worlds biggest pub team I'll be happy.

And how long do you give him? What milestones/targets are you setting him?

Please god don't say that you'll give him 3 years "to sort us out", because that is the worst kind of incompetent stupidity.

You give him until he can't take us forward anymore, if we stagnate or go backwards then he'll have to go.

And how do you measure that. Because he has to be measured form day one, or we can't se how far we have gone/when his time is to go.

really?? lol, you've blown me apart there, pretty shocked by that, in 5 years time you'd be happy with stillbeing a mid table team?

So in essence you'd prefer a team like spuds when george graham was in charge to newcastle when SBR was in charge???

I'm not kidding myself, it'll take a few years to sort this club out but if he puts things in place - success in the League will follow. While we're waiting, a Cup win would be much appreciated.  :cheesy:

Would you rather us play pretty football, finishing 5th and winning nowt? f*** that - want to celebrate something.

that is shockingly blingsighted, of course i would prefer the cosistent top 5 with great football. Do you not see how important it is to estabilish the club for the future. Making this club more attractive to any top class manager is my priority, one who would take usto that next step on wininng that important trophy. But to say you'd prfer crap football with mid table prosperity is absurd at which point are we realising our potential???

shocking

Erm, aye!

I'd prefer crap, effective winning football and I've already said if he gets it right, we'll finish high enough in the League. All I'm saying is - I wouldn't mind seeing us pick up a trophy in the next few years. We played some of the best football in Europe for a few years under Keegan without winning a thing.

It's a simple question.

As for who i want: i want a manager from whom i get the gut feeling that he can actually do something with us, can create the squad, the mentality and the structure that we need to actually be uccessful. I want a manager who has a track record of achievement, and one who has the ability to make the right changes.

does a name come with that ?

I didn't know it had to. Are we only allowed to have an opinion if we can supplement a name, now? Is that a new rule??

I think Bramble is utter s****. Do i have to name a replacement for him?

The point is that i don't think SA is the right person. Why does that mean I have to name someone else? Thats f*** all to do with what i'm saying.

we all want that,i want us to get a forward big strong quick skillful full of movement clinical finisher with creativity aswell,works his bollicks off aswell,excellent defending at set peices and buys all the fans a half toime pint aswell

Don't fully get you. Are you infering that we should accept a very mediocre manager in SA, because anything actually GOOD is unachievable?

i'm saying he's as good as we can get right now,who would you have ?

Why do you think he's as good as we could get?

I would say Sven is a better club manager, for one.

Not saying i want the Swede, but i think he's a better club manager than SA.

I have no idea who we could get, as i have no idea wat wages, contract, terms, etc, we are offering. Clearly you DO, so i better bow down before your superior knowledge.

oh you do play a game don't you ,you old tart,.

do you mean sven would be better for us in our present situation ? what makes you think this ?

shocking

Erm, aye!

It's a simple question.

However I know full well that Shepherd isn't going to employ him, or any other foreign manager for that matter so Allardyce is the best out of the managers he's likely to be interested in, I'm not thrilled about his appointment however I'm prepared to give him time, something I never did for Souness or Roeder.

Can he win us something? I doubt it, as long as he sorts this club out behind the scenes and can make us at least look like a professional setup rather than the Worlds biggest pub team I'll be happy.

Please god don't say that you'll give him 3 years "to sort us out", because that is the worst kind of incompetent stupidity.

You give him until he can't take us forward anymore, if we stagnate or go backwards then he'll have to go.

And how do you measure that. Because he has to be measured form day one, or we can't se how far we have gone/when his time is to go.

We'll have to see where we are at the end of next season, if we look better as a team and are heading in the right direction then he'll be doing a good job.

If we're still shite and struggling to avoid relegation then of course we'll have to look for another manager.

shocking

Erm, aye!

It's a simple question.

I didn't know it had to. Are we only allowed to have an opinion if we can supplement a name, now? Is that a new rule??

The point is that i don't think SA is the right person. Why does that mean I have to name someone else? Thats f*** all to do with what i'm saying.

we all want that,i want us to get a forward big strong quick skillful full of movement clinical finisher with creativity aswell,works his bollicks off aswell,excellent defending at set peices and buys all the fans a half toime pint aswell

Don't fully get you. Are you infering that we should accept a very mediocre manager in SA, because anything actually GOOD is unachievable?

I have no idea who we could get, as i have no idea wat wages, contract, terms, etc, we are offering. Clearly you DO, so i better bow down before your superior knowledge.

do you mean sven would be better for us in our present situation ? what makes you think this ?

What makes you think he wouldn't?

He's won stuff at club level. Many times. SA has not.

So why would SA be better?

Guest Bolton_fan

i want the swede. Sven over SA any day of the week. He eem to be the only 2 who were 100% in the runing

Sven would want bigger wages than Sam. If Sven was given the Bolton from 5 years ago, he wouldn't even last 1 month in the job.

I have no doubt Sam will do a great job for you.

I don't appreciate him saying, "oh, I'm going to have a break," but only to find out he's got a new job 10 days later.

shocking

Erm, aye!

It's a simple question.

We'll have to see where we are at the end of next season, if we look better as a team and are heading in the right direction then he'll be doing a good job.

If we're still shite and struggling to avoid relegation then of course we'll have to look for another manager.

"look a better team"? Not good enough for me. If you can't quantify it, we shouldn't employ ANYONE.

There are too many cretins who thought Roeder should have more time/Bramble had pace, potential, anbility/Dyer is world class/whatever, proving football fans are morons. So unless we can set milestones or targets, there's no fucking point. Its a basoc function of appraising managers: give them immediate, medium term and long term goals, and request a roadmap for the latter two, and an action plnn for the first, immediately.

A lot of that can be transferred to football.

shocking

Erm, aye!

It's a simple question.

If we're still s**** and struggling to avoid relegation then of course we'll have to look for another manager.

"look a better team"? Not good enough for me. If you can't quantify it, we shouldn't employ ANYONE.

There are too many cretins who thought Roeder should have more time/Bramble had pace, potential, anbility/Dyer is world class/whatever, proving football fans are morons. So unless we can set milestones or targets, there's no f****** point. Its a basoc function of appraising managers: give them immediate, medium term and long term goals, and request a roadmap for the latter two, and an action plnn for the first, immediately.

Well what do you think would be a reasonable target for a manager here in his first season? Whether it be Allardyce or Sven.

shocking

Erm, aye!

It's a simple question.

What makes you think he wouldn't?

He's won stuff at club level. Many times. SA has not.

So why would SA be better?

he won stuff at club level...what resources did he have...the one off the top of my head was lazio which nearly cost them bankruptcy IIRC.

what else has he won abroad,was any of it with lower teams not bulit with stronger finances than those round them.(genuine question)?

shocking

Erm, aye!

It's a simple question.

If we're still s**** and struggling to avoid relegation then of course we'll have to look for another manager.

There are too many cretins who thought Roeder should have more time/Bramble had pace, potential, anbility/Dyer is world class/whatever, proving football fans are morons. So unless we can set milestones or targets, there's no f****** point. Its a basoc function of appraising managers: give them immediate, medium term and long term goals, and request a roadmap for the latter two, and an action plnn for the first, immediately.

Well what do you think would be a reasonable target for a manager here in his first season? Whether it be Allardyce or Sven.

A net reduction in the wage bill, the removal of key underperformers, the introduction of a number of new players, a clear plan for future player purchases, use of proper tactics/team selections.

Most are relatively easily quantifiable/easy to evidence.

Born in Torsby, in Värmland, Eriksson had an unremarkable playing career in the lower divisions of Swedish football before being forced to retire prematurely due to a knee injury in 1975. After retirement, Eriksson became first a coach, and then manager of Degerfors IF, taking the side from the Third Division to the First Division in three years.

His success with Degerfors IF attracted the attention of much larger clubs, and Eriksson joined IFK Göteborg in 1979. He won the Swedish Cup in his first season, and a "treble" of League, Cup and UEFA Cup (Göteborg beating Hamburger SV 4-0) in 1982.

Eriksson's European success led to him being head-hunted by Portuguese club SL Benfica, and he had a similarly quick impact there, Benfica winning the Portuguese Championship, the Portuguese Cup and finishing runners-up in the UEFA Cup. After a second Championship the following year, Eriksson moved on to Italy, becoming boss of AS Roma. He was not as immediately successful at Roma as he had been before, but he still won a Coppa Italia in 1986.

After a trophyless two years at Fiorentina, Eriksson moved back to Benfica for a second stint in 1989, where he led the team to the final of the European Cup (losing to AC Milan 1-0) in 1990, and another League title in 1991. In 1992 Eriksson returned to Italy to try his luck again, with Sampdoria, but he only managed another Coppa Italia in 1994.

Eriksson found major success in Italy when he joined Lazio in 1997 (after controversially reneging on a deal to join English club Blackburn Rovers); with Lazio he won the Coppa Italia in 1998 and 2000, the European Cup Winners' Cup (1999 - the very last tournament), and the Serie A title (the Scudetto) in 2000 — only the second time that the Roman club had won the Italian championship in their history. The statistical success of Lazio under Eriksson's coaching remains unmatched to date

Eriksson resigned from Lazio to manage the England national team from 2001 to 2006.

Born in Torsby, in Värmland, Eriksson had an unremarkable playing career in the lower divisions of Swedish football before being forced to retire prematurely due to a knee injury in 1975. After retirement, Eriksson became first a coach, and then manager of Degerfors IF, taking the side from the Third Division to the First Division in three years.

His success with Degerfors IF attracted the attention of much larger clubs, and Eriksson joined IFK Göteborg in 1979. He won the Swedish Cup in his first season, and a "treble" of League, Cup and UEFA Cup (Göteborg beating Hamburger SV 4-0) in 1982.

Eriksson's European success led to him being head-hunted by Portuguese club SL Benfica, and he had a similarly quick impact there, Benfica winning the Portuguese Championship, the Portuguese Cup and finishing runners-up in the UEFA Cup. After a second Championship the following year, Eriksson moved on to Italy, becoming boss of AS Roma. He was not as immediately successful at Roma as he had been before, but he still won a Coppa Italia in 1986.

After a trophyless two years at Fiorentina, Eriksson moved back to Benfica for a second stint in 1989, where he led the team to the final of the European Cup (losing to AC Milan 1-0) in 1990, and another League title in 1991. In 1992 Eriksson returned to Italy to try his luck again, with Sampdoria, but he only managed another Coppa Italia in 1994.

Eriksson found major success in Italy when he joined Lazio in 1997 (after controversially reneging on a deal to join English club Blackburn Rovers); with Lazio he won the Coppa Italia in 1998 and 2000, the European Cup Winners' Cup (1999 - the very last tournament), and the Serie A title (the Scudetto) in 2000 only the second time that the Roman club had won the Italian championship in their history. The statistical success of Lazio under Eriksson's coaching remains unmatched to date

Eriksson resigned from Lazio to manage the England national team from 2001 to 2006.

He is the only coach to have won the Double (league and cup) in three different countries, Sweden, Portugal and Italy. He also won the UEFA Cup with IFK Göteborg, and took Benfica to the European Cup Final

Uefa cup qual and mybe a decent cup run, QF f a cup would be fine. My opinions change for the next season though, if SA were in charge i'd want the same to be honest. If sven were in charge id want to see us push further up the table and want the same decent cup run. Reason....because i know what sven is capable of, and i dont know what SA is capabl of.

Eriksson found major success in Italy when he joined Lazio in 1997 (after controversially reneging on a deal to join English club Blackburn Rovers); with Lazio he won the Coppa Italia in 1998 and 2000, the European Cup Winners' Cup (1999 - the very last tournament), and the Serie A title (the Scudetto) in 2000 only the second time that the Roman club had won the Italian championship in their history. The statistical success of Lazio under Eriksson's coaching remains unmatched to date

He is the only coach to have won the Double (league and cup) in three different countries, Sweden, Portugal and Italy. He also won the UEFA Cup with IFK Göteborg, and took Benfica to the European Cup Final

so in portugal he won it with the man u of portugal,in italy he won the league and nearly bankrupted them.

i hope you dont hate me for not taking euro domestic cup comps too seriously,after all they dont!

didn't really build much did he ?

so in portugal he won it with the man u of portugal,in italy he won the league and nearly bankrupted them.

i hope you dont hate me for not taking euro domestic cup comps too seriously,after all they dont!

Domestic cups. Things that we, and SAm haven't managed. Can you see the issue there?

Eriksson found major success in Italy when he joined Lazio in 1997 (after controversially reneging on a deal to join English club Blackburn Rovers); with Lazio he won the Coppa Italia in 1998 and 2000, the European Cup Winners' Cup (1999 - the very last tournament), and the Serie A title (the Scudetto) in 2000 — only the second time that the Roman club had won the Italian championship in their history. The statistical success of Lazio under Eriksson's coaching remains unmatched to date

Not being funny, but did he bankrupt Lazio or was it the chairman? surely the finances had to be sanctioned by chairman, for example risdale at leeds, surely o'leary wasn't the one who bankrupt them. The bottom line is that he won things, he did that at all the clubs...to me that sounds like a great formula for a manager.

Not being funny, but did he bankrupt Lazio or was it the chairman? surely the finances had to be sanctioned by chairman, for example risdale at leeds, surely o'leary wasn't the one who bankrupt them. The bottom line is that he won things, he did that at all the clubs...to me that sounds like a great formula for a manager.

would he have won the scudetto without that bankrolling ?

What seriously impresses you in that career spanning nearly 30 years?

are you baiting us??? What doesn't impress you??

No. Nearly all of it tbh.

lol nuff said, that is an embarrassing comment to make.

would he have won the scudetto without that bankrolling ?

isn't bankrolling part of the game?

and didn't he win things at smaller clubs (like what we are) with less money?

And what DOES impress you about SA's career??

managed to get a club with smaller resources to be regular top halfers using tactical nouse and clever managemnet.

not my first choice (wenger) but a very good realistic choice and we are the experiment to see if allardyce is a long ball merchant or get the best from your squad however merchant.

lol nuff said, that is an embarrassing comment to make.

The Swedish ad Portugese leagues are akin to the Scottish leagues imo. Even Souness was successful up there..

He bought won the Italian league which is canny I suppose...A few Italian Cups....meh...

Hardly scintillating is it?  :lol: