3rd time lucky for Freddy & United? I think so

Guest Knightrider

really?? lol, you've blown me apart there, pretty shocked by that, in 5 years time you'd be happy with stillbeing a mid table team?

So in essence you'd prefer a team like spuds when george graham was in charge to newcastle when SBR was in charge???

I'd like us to win as many games as possible. Don't care how we win them.

I'm not kidding myself, it'll take a few years to sort this club out but if he puts things in place - success in the League will follow. While we're waiting, a Cup win would be much appreciated.  :cheesy:

Would you rather us play pretty football, finishing 5th and winning nowt? f*** that - want to celebrate something.

that is shockingly blingsighted, of course i would prefer the cosistent top 5 with great football. Do you not see how important it is to estabilish the club for the future. Making this club more attractive to any top class manager is my priority, one who would take usto that next step on wininng that important trophy. But to say you'd prfer crap football with mid table prosperity is absurd at which point are we realising our potential???

shocking

:lol:

Erm, aye!

I'd prefer crap, effective winning football and I've already said if he gets it right, we'll finish high enough in the League. All I'm saying is - I wouldn't mind seeing us pick up a trophy in the next few years. We played some of the best football in Europe for a few years under Keegan without winning a thing.

really?? lol, you've blown me apart there, pretty shocked by that, in 5 years time you'd be happy with stillbeing a mid table team?

So in essence you'd prefer a team like spuds when george graham was in charge to newcastle when SBR was in charge???

I'm not kidding myself, it'll take a few years to sort this club out but if he puts things in place - success in the League will follow. While we're waiting, a Cup win would be much appreciated.  :cheesy:

Would you rather us play pretty football, finishing 5th and winning nowt? f*** that - want to celebrate something.

may take a few years to get to champs league,5th should be a realistic target for next season.

Wonder what the odds are on us finishing 5th? I'm all for setting high targets but it'll take a few years to correct things and start making the progress we should be making. Get things right off the field and we'll get things right on the field. My only concern with people making 5th a target is that if we finish, say, 7th - some people will say it's a poor season and we've underachieved.

i've voted for finishing in a uefa place,and looking above us i think 5th is a realsitic target

That's fair enough. I just hope he's given the time to put things right and not hounded out because he doesn't finish 5th. Because some people will call for his head this time next year due to unrealistic expectations.  :idiot2:

may take a few years to get to champs league,5th should be a realistic target for next season.

Wonder what the odds are on us finishing 5th? I'm all for setting high targets but it'll take a few years to correct things and start making the progress we should be making. Get things right off the field and we'll get things right on the field. My only concern with people making 5th a target is that if we finish, say, 7th - some people will say it's a poor season and we've underachieved.

i've voted for finishing in a uefa place,and looking above us i think 5th is a realsitic target

That's fair enough. I just hope he's given the time to put things right and not hounded out because he doesn't finish 5th. Because some people will call for his head this time next year due to unrealistic expectations.  :idiot2:

i agree..............................i'd agree more if you kept it to your own quote box thingy

Guest VegasToon

I guarantee if we start winning, no one will care how we are doing it.

Personally, I think he played that style at Bolton because he couldn't didn't have the talent to play any other way.  

that is shockingly blingsighted, of course i would prefer the cosistent top 5 with great football. Do you not see how important it is to estabilish the club for the future. Making this club more attractive to any top class manager is my priority, one who would take usto that next step on wininng that important trophy. But to say you'd prfer crap football with mid table prosperity is absurd at which point are we realising our potential???

shocking

Erm, aye!

I'd prefer crap, effective winning football and I've already said if he gets it right, we'll finish high enough in the League. All I'm saying is - I wouldn't mind seeing us pick up a trophy in the next few years. We played some of the best football in Europe for a few years under Keegan without winning a thing.

And what has Fat Heed won?

ok, so id ont seem to be gettin much support, fair enough. ill stick with my hopes for the club, am just wondering, with the scenario i gave you, supposing after the 5 years boss was sacked (consistent top 8 finish with a cup) and a new one was comin in, what would your expectations of (a) who the cahirman next apionts and (b) where we should be going next.

Because if either of your answers are (a) top class manager or (b) higher up the league, then we are now, then your hopes for the clubs are the same as mine.  only mine are now.

Only with the golden oppurtunity we have at the mo, it would be foolish not to even consider looking for the top class maanger in the first place.  (Remember, the list of managers who said they would love to manage in the EPL) It is a realistic prospect. in my opinion, SA is coming 3 years to late.

shocking

Erm, aye!

Well who would you prefer to see in charge?

shocking

Erm, aye!

Exactly the same as we have.

shocking

Erm, aye!

Is that the only response there is to anyone who doesn't tow the party line???

shocking

Erm, aye!

So why would he do better here?

shocking

Erm, aye!

It's a simple question.

Who would you prefer to see in charge?

shocking

Erm, aye!

It's a simple question.

Ok, but first: Why do you want SA?

As for who i want: i want a manager from whom i get the gut feeling that he can actually do something with us, can create the squad, the mentality and the structure that we need to actually be uccessful. I want a manager who has a track record of achievement, and one who has the ability to make the right changes.

shocking

Erm, aye!

So why would he do better here?

He's worked miracles without spending any serious money. Give him £10m a year to buy who he wants as well as bringing in his bargains on Bosmans and loans and let's see what happens. He's established Bolton, fucking Bolton, into the top 8. UEFA Cup, a Cup final and takes points from Chelsea and Arsenal hand over fist.

I think he'll do better like.  :lol:

shocking

Erm, aye!

It's a simple question.

As for who i want: i want a manager from whom i get the gut feeling that he can actually do something with us, can create the squad, the mentality and the structure that we need to actually be uccessful. I want a manager who has a track record of achievement, and one who has the ability to make the right changes.

does a name come with that ?

shocking

Erm, aye!

It's a simple question.

I didn't know it had to. Are we only allowed to have an opinion if we can supplement a name, now? Is that a new rule??

I think Bramble is utter shite. Do i have to name a replacement for him?

The point is that i don't think SA is the right person. Why does that mean I have to name someone else? Thats fuck all to do with what i'm saying.

Agree compltely with Northern Monkey. He's got it spot on. It's hardly relevant what names are said, every single manger we could menion would have his flaws somewhere or other. Hitzfed - no PL experience, Scolari - Same, Sven what happened at england, etc etc....it could go on forever....if i was to put my neck out a someone completely 100% realistic but in that list of elite mangers, i'd say sven. Forget about his personal life, forget all the crappy jokes forget about england for a second, what he's achieved at club level puts him on that list of managerial 'hot property.' Surely? Allardyce is just as risky onthe basis that he hasn't won nything, he's not manged under amazng pressure, ver manged for a clu this size...againe list could go on, but for me this club should go for proven record, dnt give me Dalglish and Souness, they haven't achived anythin nearly as comparable to Sven...even qf of a major interantional tournament would be beyond them.

shocking

Erm, aye!

It's a simple question.

I didn't know it had to. Are we only allowed to have an opinion if we can supplement a name, now? Is that a new rule??

I think Bramble is utter s****. Do i have to name a replacement for him?

The point is that i don't think SA is the right person. Why does that mean I have to name someone else? Thats f*** all to do with what i'm saying.

we all want that,i want us to get a forward big strong quick skillful full of movement clinical finisher with creativity aswell,works his bollicks off aswell,excellent defending at set peices and buys all the fans a half toime pint aswell

you've got a point,this games fucking simple done your way.

shocking

Erm, aye!

It's a simple question.

The point is that i don't think SA is the right person. Why does that mean I have to name someone else? Thats f*** all to do with what i'm saying.

we all want that,i want us to get a forward big strong quick skillful full of movement clinical finisher with creativity aswell,works his bollicks off aswell,excellent defending at set peices and buys all the fans a half toime pint aswell

Don't fully get you. Are you infering that we should accept a very mediocre manager in SA, because anything actually GOOD is unachievable?

shocking

Erm, aye!

It's a simple question.

I don't really want Allardyce, Houllier would be my first choice.

However I know full well that Shepherd isn't going to employ him, or any other foreign manager for that matter so Allardyce is the best out of the managers he's likely to be interested in, I'm not thrilled about his appointment however I'm prepared to give him time, something I never did for Souness or Roeder.

Can he win us something? I doubt it, as long as he sorts this club out behind the scenes and can make us at least look like a professional setup rather than the Worlds biggest pub team I'll be happy.

shocking

Erm, aye!

It's a simple question.

However I know full well that Shepherd isn't going to employ him, or any other foreign manager for that matter so Allardyce is the best out of the managers he's likely to be interested in, I'm not thrilled about his appointment however I'm prepared to give him time, something I never did for Souness or Roeder.

Can he win us something? I doubt it, as long as he sorts this club out behind the scenes and can make us at least look like a professional setup rather than the Worlds biggest pub team I'll be happy.

And how long do you give him? What milestones/targets are you setting him?

Please god don't say that you'll give him 3 years "to sort us out", because that is the worst kind of incompetent stupidity.

shocking

Erm, aye!

It's a simple question.

Don't fully get you. Are you infering that we should accept a very mediocre manager in SA, because anything actually GOOD is unachievable?

i'm saying he's as good as we can get right now,who would you have ?

shocking

Erm, aye!

It's a simple question.

And how long do you give him? What milestones/targets are you setting him?

Please god don't say that you'll give him 3 years "to sort us out", because that is the worst kind of incompetent stupidity.

You give him until he can't take us forward anymore, if we stagnate or go backwards then he'll have to go.

shocking

Erm, aye!

It's a simple question.

i'm saying he's as good as we can get right now,who would you have ?

Why do you think he's as good as we could get?

I would say Sven is a better club manager, for one.

Not saying i want the Swede, but i think he's a better club manager than SA.

I have no idea who we could get, as i have no idea wat wages, contract, terms, etc, we are offering. Clearly you DO, so i better bow down before your superior knowledge.