Derby day.

Guest TheOrder

Guest TheOrder

Seriously, I know this is sad, but I was dreading derby day. To think how easily we were getting turned over, found out, and genuinly outplayed this season, I've had a general unease about this fixture. A desperate, and below-par Glenn Roeder (no matter how nice), would never fill me with confidence going into a match with such pressure. Last season, even though it was a derby, there was no certain pressure on Glenn Roeder. Sunderland were awful, and we were on a good run, and we won, convincingly. This time around, the rejuvenated mackem scum are 'on the up' and we were certainly heading the other direction. Four points from possible relegation, top of the championship. Not a huge gap. The thought of Glenn Roeder leading our soft clarts out come derby day 2007/8 made me feel sick, the sick feeling I always get whenever we're turned over by the scum (however irregular).

These thoughts flew out of the window last Sunday, and by Monday, Sam Allardyce was tipped for the job, and it was looking very promising. The first thing I thought about was  this match. Stupid I know. Rebuilding the club from grass to grounds, new players, new systems, tactics and new training methods. These should of been my first thoughts. No. It was the derby game.

Suddenly, the thought of this game was less imposing. Come derby day, we'd be a unit, we'd have purpose and direction, we'd be united. No matter who goes and who comes in, we'd not roll over. We wouldnt succumb to the shite from across the river.

I've done my fair share of mackem hating, right here on this very forum, but seriously, I was feaful of derby day next season, really worried.

Now I have my confidence back, 100%. I'm looking forward to this more than ever, and victory will never taste as sweet come SOL next season.

Howay the lads. :thup:

Seriously, I know this is sad, but I was dreading derby day. To think how easily we were getting turned over, found out, and genuinly outplayed this season, I've had a general unease about this fixture. A desperate, and below-par Glenn Roeder (no matter how nice), would never fill me with confidence going into a match with such pressure. Last season, even though it was a derby, there was no certain pressure on Glenn Roeder. Sunderland were awful, and we were on a good run, and we won, convincingly. This time around, the rejuvenated mackem scum are 'on the up' and we were certainly heading the other direction. Four points from possible relegation, top of the championship. Not a huge gap. The thought of Glenn Roeder leading our soft clarts out come derby day 2007/8 made me feel sick, the sick feeling I always get whenever we're turned over by the scum (however irregular).

These thoughts flew out of the window last Sunday, and by Monday, Sam Allardyce was tipped for the job, and it was looking very promising. The first thing I thought about was  this match. Stupid I know. Rebuilding the club from grass to grounds, new players, new systems, tactics and new training methods. These should of been my first thoughts. No. It was the derby game.

Suddenly, the thought of this game was less imposing. Come derby day, we'd be a unit, we'd have purpose and direction, we'd be united. No matter who goes and who comes in, we'd not roll over. We wouldnt succumb to the s**** from across the river.

I've done my fair share of mackem hating, right here on this very forum, but seriously, I was feaful of derby day next season, really worried.

Now I have my confidence back, 100%. I'm looking forward to this more than ever, and victory will never taste as sweet come SOL next season.

Howay the lads. :thup:

:lol:

Sounds like somebody has there faith back

Completely agree an entirely different prospect alltogether now. Don't buy into this "Roy Keane Super Manager" shite that is buzzing round at the moment but the fact is we could quite easily lose to anyone if this seasons form kept up (1 point from a woeful Charlton side) so add the passion and it wouldn't have been pretty.

Guest JamesD

i started following newcastle right towards the end of bobby's tenure and just in time for souness.  the thought of watching an orginized, decent newcastle team is getting me excitied

i started following newcastle right towards the end of bobby's tenure and just in time for souness.  the thought of watching an orginized, decent newcastle team is getting me excitied

Unlucky mate :D

Once Sam gets the lads back from hospital after their spine implants this summer we'll wipe the floor with the fuckers. Bring it on.  :cheesy:

Once Sam gets the lads back from hospital after their spine implants this summer we'll wipe the floor with the fuckers. Bring it on.  :cheesy:

:clap: