Sir Alex Ferguson

Guest kingdawson

Guest elbee909

It's that siege mentality that works very well much of the time, but turns to blithering paranoia when shit happens.

Guest ObiChrisKenobi

Is there any actual reason he would get rid of Rooney?

financial ?

We're not in financial trouble though. Yes we have the debt, but when the Glazers bought the club the debt stood at £660 million, and it's down to £350 million. We've knocked off £290 million of debt in 7 years. It's only a matter of time before it's gone completely. We don't need to sell and the Glazers will continue to finance us.

if he can get big money for a player he thinks is maybe about to become surplus (and recycle the wages aswell) or at least not the guaranteed starter then why not do it ?

rooney hasn't looked the player he was for a while (IMO), I wonder what those who watch him day to day think ?

I couldn't disagree more with the latter. I've seen every game for the last 10 years and it's incredibly important what he brings to the table. Yes, Fergie has coached the flair out of him, he's not as exciting as he once was, but he's a better player for it. Fergie replaced the flair with incredible work ethic. He's the ultimate team player with world class ability. There are no technical weaknesses to his game, he's a genius.

how do you coach the flair out of someone ?

surely you input the ethic while utilising the flair, it's not one or the other but getting both as one (almost buddhist innit).

as an outsider looking in, rooney has done a job but that role (new role in the scheme of things perhaps) could be better done by someone else. again looking from the outside m,aybe ferguson and rooney have lost patience with each other ?

What is 'flair'?

Is it the confidence to try something outlandish/unorthodox? I think so. Those outside of the boot passes, the flicks around the corner to turn a defender, or linking 2 or 3 techniques together - think Suarez's goal against us this year. Controls it, uses his shoulder, faints a shot, takes it around Krul, slots it home - that's flair. A huge amount of confidence (arrogance?) to try something 'different' successfully.

Obviously, you have to have the technique to pull it off, but it's a mental trait more than anything else for me.

So I'd suggest rigid instructions and coaching to the point of 'fear of failure' in prints into the player.

Real Madrid play one way. You can always name their starting XI and who Mourinho will bring off the bench. They're not a great side imo.

But they're better against 10 men than Barcelona. When a team goes to 10 against them, the opposing manager really can't man-mark Alonso. With Alonso free he'll hit long diagonals all day, spreading the 10 man very wide very quickly, something Barca rarely do. They get wide, they get crosses in.

If Mourinho can admit they where better and in control before the red, so can everyone else.

For the last 6 years that Man Utd. have made it to the KO's, they have been the better side whenever they have gone out before the final. Against Bayern they where poor in Munich but looked dominant before the red. Even then it was a miracle goal that took them out. This time, the better team for 150 of the 180 but the set-up was totally dependent on 11v11.

They weren't the better side in Madrid man, have a word with yoursen.

We had a solid plan in Madrid and executed it well. I think we looked a lot more dangerous going forward and got a lot of chances on the counter. Obviously they had a lot more of the ball but that's to be expected. Coming back from the Bernabeu with a score draw was a great result.

It was a very close tie, and an extremely enjoyable one I'm sure. The red made it disappointing for our fans but I'm sure you took great pleasure in that moment. :lol:

Not particularly, unless you count attempting to moonwalk past the gloryhunting cunts house three down from me with middle fingers on show enjoying it. :lol:

• 2 weeks later...