Sir Alex Ferguson

Guest kingdawson

Think it's time Rooney moved on to another team anyway.

Rooney has a total of 22 goals and assists this season from 16 starts after that freak gash in his leg. RVP has 36 from 25 starts, and I guess he'll win every award going. His ratio is only slightly better than Rooney who people seem to want to criticize. I suppose you could say Rooney is massively overrated as an England player, but underrated as a Manchester United one.

Personally I'd like to see Rooney overseas just to see what other approaches could get out of him. Ideally it would have happened a couple of years ago.

Rooney's not leaving like, and if he did it wouldn't be for 25million ffs. :lol:

Honestly think he'll be there for the rest of his career. I certainly hope so anyway.

Why exactly?

Sometimes it has got so bad, that I’ve been smuggled out of European stadia under blankets because of the strength of feeling against me. But you zone out, you have to.

It happened to me during a UEFA Cup match at San Sebastian, in Turkey at Galatasaray, and even at Sunderland. At the Stadium of Light, they were camped around the transport vehicle, so I huddled down at the back of the assessors car. How can that be right?

:lol:

Love that after reading that, one of the related articles underneath is:

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-2288940/Cuneyt-Cakir-pictured-Referee-sent-Manchester-Uniteds-Nani-Real-Madrid.html?ICO=most_read_module

Even pointing out that he FOLLOWS RONALDO AND REAL MADRID ON TWITTER. That heinous bastard. :lol:

'Cakir's crazy card count'

Not that "crazy" at all, really :lol:

Sometimes it has got so bad, that I’ve been smuggled out of European stadia under blankets because of the strength of feeling against me. But you zone out, you have to.

It happened to me during a UEFA Cup match at San Sebastian, in Turkey at Galatasaray, and even at Sunderland. At the Stadium of Light, they were camped around the transport vehicle, so I huddled down at the back of the assessors car. How can that be right?

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-2288940/Cuneyt-Cakir-pictured-Referee-sent-Manchester-Uniteds-Nani-Real-Madrid.html?ICO=most_read_module

Even pointing out that he FOLLOWS RONALDO AND REAL MADRID ON TWITTER. That heinous bastard. :lol:

"Best of friends: Cakir's Twitter page shows that he follows Real Madrid and their star man Cristiano Ronaldo" :lol: :lol: :lol:

"Best of friends: Cakir's Twitter page shows that he follows Real Madrid and their star man Cristiano Ronaldo" :lol: :lol: :lol:

BFF's

I wonder if Rooney will stay, simply because his recent pay deal puts him at higher than what clubs feel he is worth.

problem is how many of the clubs who can afford him and his wages would actually want him? Can't see Barca or Real going for him and no way Fergie would sell him to City if they were interested, only clubs I could see him move to is maybe Chelsea or PSG if they offer stupid money

Rooney's not leaving like, and if he did it wouldn't be for 25million ffs. :lol:

Honestly think he'll be there for the rest of his career. I certainly hope so anyway.

Why exactly?

Really? He's our best player. That's why. He's also the best team player, which is an attribute hard to come by in world class players these days.

I always think Ferguson turns selling a big player into a strength often, almost a ritual show of resolve and strength, the rest of the team heeding they are ready to be sacrificed if need be, personally think giving in to Rooney's demands the other year now looks a bit of a misstep, albeit I suppose it was to show they could still compete financially with City.

Would anyone pick up his wages though? Workmates reckon he'll be in a swap deal for ronaldo (+cash) but I don't think he'd thrive elsewhere enough to justify the price tag. I agree with Froggy and think he's a very good team player mind, which is probably why Ferguson wants to keep him.

I always think Ferguson turns selling a big player into a strength often, almost a ritual show of resolve and strength, the rest of the team heeding they are ready to be sacrificed if need be, personally think giving in to Rooney's demands the other year now looks a bit of a misstep, albeit I suppose it was to show they could still compete financially with City.

Would anyone pick up his wages though? Workmates reckon he'll be in a swap deal for ronaldo (+cash) but I don't think he'd thrive elsewhere enough to justify the price tag.

A lot of people might find this baffling, but I would be devastated if Rooney left, even for Ronaldo. He's much too important to the way we play. I know Fergie made a tactical decision in leaving him out on Tuesday (which could be seen as a good move due to how Welbeck played), but he is still very much the main guy in our squad.

Is there any actual reason he would get rid of Rooney?

financial ?

We're not in financial trouble though. Yes we have the debt, but when the Glazers bought the club the debt stood at £660 million, and it's down to £350 million. We've knocked off £290 million of debt in 7 years. It's only a matter of time before it's gone completely. We don't need to sell and the Glazers will continue to finance us.

Is there any actual reason he would get rid of Rooney?

financial ?

We're not in financial trouble though. Yes we have the debt, but when the Glazers bought the club the debt stood at £660 million, and it's down to £350 million. We've knocked off £290 million of debt in 7 years. It's only a matter of time before it's gone completely. We don't need to sell and the Glazers will continue to finance us.

if he can get big money for a player he thinks is maybe about to become surplus (and recycle the wages aswell) or at least not the guaranteed starter then why not do it ?

rooney hasn't looked the player he was for a while (IMO), I wonder what those who watch him day to day think ?

Rooney is their most important player, Froggy is right.

Their whole pattern of play suffers without him, RVP struggles with lack of service without him.

And despite some thinking he's been below form, personally i think its just a case of his role changing and people not realising it.

Also he's been quietly effective this season despite being injured and lacking in game time and  playing a lot deeper than usual with 16 goals and 12 assists he will probably end the season with 20+ goals and 20+ assists.

Yes he doesn't do many outstanding individual things but look at the best players in the world Messi and Ronaldo they don't either.

I can't remember the last time Messi dribbled past 4 or 5 players it just doesn't happen anymore, same goes for Ronaldo.

Not saying Rooney is anywhere near either of them but i do think his influence, performances and tactical importance is highly understated.