The NE5 appreciation poll. How many games do you currently go to per season?

Dave
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

As I now live in Denmark, for my bloody sins I usually get to the temple on the hill around 5-6 times a season.

never mind Mick it has its compensations

Been here 16 years now (where's my bloody gun) the biggest compensation is cash earned. When I want a piece of the real world its off to Copehagen or home to West Denton. Can't believe I actually compared the two but as they say abscence makes the heart grow fonder. Mind I was home for the Blackburn game that made the heart apathetic!!

where are you ?

I've been to Esbjerg and Aalborg

One home game this season, which was Man City. Not really worth the trans-Atlantic flight, but your first time is always special I guess.

I hope to get at least 2~3 in next season, as my school schedule will hopefully be less hectic.

One home game this season, which was Man City. Not really worth the trans-Atlantic flight, but your first time is always special I guess.

I hope to get at least 2~3 in next season, as my school schedule will hopefully be less hectic.

pity mate, not the best first game. better luck next time.

Guest Micktoon

As I now live in Denmark, for my bloody sins I usually get to the temple on the hill around 5-6 times a season.

Been here 16 years now (where's my bloody gun) the biggest compensation is cash earned. When I want a piece of the real world its off to Copehagen or home to West Denton. Can't believe I actually compared the two but as they say abscence makes the heart grow fonder. Mind I was home for the Blackburn game that made the heart apathetic!!

where are you ?

Small place called Jelling, 10k outside a place called Vejle and around 50 from the nearest civilisation, Aarhus. Thats the town not the place I live by the way.

Well?

People who lie will be killed.

omg !!!!

Do you really want me to count since 1964  ;)

Check the present tense in the title. :razz:

most home games between 1964-1969. Started to go to away games + home games in 1970. Got season ticket in 1973. Gave it up in 1976 as I started working away and was sometimes out of the country, until 1988, but during those years saw about 10 home games and 10 away games at a guess. Bought season ticket back in 1989 when my life stabalised again, and have kept it ever since.

Don't miss too many home games through work or whatever, I've missed the odd cup game this season through living outside of Newcastle these days like you do  ;) , nor go to as many away games as I did before I got married, had family etc etc, but I'm renewing next season. Even when we had a s*** board at the end of the 80's I renewed, and travelled up home from all over the country ....

:lol:

Who asked what you did in 60s, 70s, 80s and 90s? Like Dave said, check the present tense in the title!

The question refers to a repeated activity so the use of the present tense actually refers to all seasons. To be precise about it you would have to specify 'this season' or 'since the year 2000'.

If you're going to be a smartarse its best to be correct, which your not.

Guest Geordiesned

Season ticket holder and go to between 10 and 15 away games a season.

soopafan!  :cheesy: :clap:

Did I claim to be? I've merely followed the flow of the other posts and qualified my answer.

You're really having trouble understanding that concept today aren't you old man? Forgotten to take your pills again? Or are you just trying to make yourself look superior again? Are you going to follow up your juvenile response with tales of how you once caught Hughie Gallagher's left boot when he threw it into the crowd after winning the Championship? After all, you're the only soopafan round here! ;)

What killed me wasn't that we lost, it was that the players had already completely lost the fans. The small Man City away section completely out-cheered the entirety of SJP for the whole game. You could hear a pin drop where me and my mate were sitting.

Just a horrible, horrible year for the club, I suppose.

where are you ?

Small place called Jelling, 10k outside a place called Vejle and around 50 from the nearest civilisation, Aarhus. Thats the town not the place I live by the way.

pronounced aarhoos isn't it.

;)

Only started becoming finacially feasible this season to go really, and I've travelled over from Ireland for three home games this past season

Fulham

Sheffield United

Blackburn

Will be hoping to get over for 3-5 games next season, unless my circumstances change.

What killed me wasn't that we lost, it was that the players had already completely lost the fans. The small Man City away section completely out-cheered the entirety of SJP for the whole game. You could hear a pin drop where me and my mate were sitting.

you find that at most grounds these days ie the away fans outshout the home fans, because the away fans are the real diehards and part of going to away games is the whole day experience.

Getting match day atmosphere at football grounds is a bit of a problem and needs addressing by the authorities, the solution IMO is allowing standing areas again.

It's been a horrible last 2 years mate, hopefully the new manager will start an upturn in fortunes again

Did I claim to be? I've merely followed the flow of the other posts and qualified my answer.

You're really having trouble understanding that concept today aren't you old man? Forgotten to take your pills again? Or are you just trying to make yourself look superior again? Are you going to follow up your juvenile response with tales of how you once caught Hughie Gallagher's left boot when he threw it into the crowd after winning the Championship? After all, you're the only soopafan round here! ;)

Making yourself look superior = Season ticket holder and go to between 10 and 15 away games a season.

As I said, soopafan......

Making yourself look superior = Season ticket holder and go to between 10 and 15 away games a season.

Changed the thread title for clarity...

have you replied yet  ;)

I get to a few games a season. Plan to increase the number next year, as I have over the last few. Still can't justify a season ticket though.

you find that at most grounds these days ie the away fans outshout the home fans, because the away fans are the real diehards and part of going to away games is the whole day experience.

Getting match day atmosphere at football grounds is a bit of a problem and needs addressing by the authorities, the solution IMO is allowing standing areas again.

It's been a horrible last 2 years mate, hopefully the new manager will start an upturn in fortunes again

I've only ever been to 3 away games and we never scored a goal in any of them but i loved every second of the experiance. Absolute belting time. I agree with regards to standing tears, would be great to see.

Guest Geordiesned

Christ on a bike! I'm answering the fucking question! Shall I type s-l-o-w-l-y for you so you undertand the concept?? :lol:

And to think you accused ME of stalking YOU!  :cheesy:

Christ on a bike! I'm answering the fucking question! Shall I type s-l-o-w-l-y for you so you undertand the concept?? :lol:

And to think you accused ME of stalking YOU!  :cheesy:

I expect you were really excited when you saw this thread 'cos it gave you the chance to brag to everybody about how many matches you see, eh soopfan?

BTW You started the stalking, I'm just retaliating and isn't it fun. So there. Na na ni na na!!!!!

Changed the thread title for clarity...

have you replied yet  ;)

I get to a few games a season. Plan to increase the number next year, as I have over the last few. Still can't justify a season ticket though.

I was quite lucky, I used to get freebies sometimes in the 80's when I got up to the home games, it sort of made up for the cost of the train fare etc etc

I don't go to any, i arent a supporter of newcastle united, i would call myself more a fan, if you understand what i am on about!

Really like the club, theirs something about it that is likeable for me!

Would like to go to SJP sometime though!

I've only ever been to 3 away games and we never scored a goal in any of them but i loved every second of the experiance. Absolute belting time. I agree with regards to standing tears, would be great to see.

yep.. only in the premier league you get the away support outsinging the home fans, because of the regulations and season ticket allocations..it feels like like you're at a theater or something.. that's why i mainly go to away games..Newcastle have one of the best away supports in England, so it's always worth it