Feeling Very Optimistic!

BONTEMPI

For the 1st time in 4 years, i'm actually feeling very optimistic about Big Sam arriving at my beloved club.

I don't know why but it's got the same feeling as when KK was at the helm.

I think I'm mostly excited by the players he can bring in on a budget, and his tactical ability!

You think how much have we wasted on absolute dogshite, and look at bolton who have hardly outlayed anything I think it was 17 million in how many seasons? Compared to the price on 1 of our players that is some clever wheeling and dealing!

That is what we need at this time, a good man manager and a someone with a shrewd eye for a player, and we'll be back up there in no time!!

Also the players will be fitter and better looked after medically, instead of our clueless derek wright and associates, and if Sam can motivate them like Fergie does at Scumchester then.... I'll love it! absolutely love it!  O0.

I also feel optimistic about Big Sam coming in. Apart from anything else he won't tollerate any crap from the players and will get the best out of underperformers.

Totally agree here he will get rid of the half hearted players and get the best out of the under performers this year. End of this season couldn't come soon enough.

I'm excited that after 8 years he has built a depressing team that hasn't even had a sniff of coca cola cup success. Prost! :cheesy:

I agree, but he's never had such a large transfer budget like ours, so he's quite adept at  recognising s*** from shinola already, so that could be a good thing!

He used the money he has to spend very well in the past and if he carries that on with a bigger budget then we have reasons to be optimistic. I have my reservations about the appointment but cannot think of many better options available at the moment. And above all it is an appointment at the right time! Fuck he has a few months to prepare his team for the new season. Never a dull moment at the Toon aye!

Guest eyeball_tickler

bolton reserves won their section in the reserve league this season so thats another positive

He used the money he has to spend very well in the past and if he carries that on with a bigger budget then we have reasons to be optimistic. I have my reservations about the appointment but cannot think of many better options available at the moment. And above all it is an appointment at the right time! f*** he has a few months to prepare his team for the new season. Never a dull moment at the Toon aye!

Couldn't agree more. Given where we are I think he is a realistic appointment for us progress. The timing is also right for a change, so we can prepare properly for next season.

Mildly optimistic.  Actually, call it nervous excitement because I really feel it could come good and at least take us in the right direction (which, while not making me as happy as powering towards the top four or winning silverware would certainly make me happy and be a welcome change from spiralling further and further into depths of mediocrity).  Of course you learn not to get your hopes up because we could sign Ronaldo, Gerrard, Terry and Henry and they'd all lose their legs in a coach crash on the way to the first game.  And that's where the nervousness comes in, the fact that even though I genuinly think Sam is the right decision from the available options it could go horribly tits up.

Guest Stephen927

He'll need time, if he signs he will have a huge job to try and turn this club around and to make the correct signings.