Bellend, Oba and Charlie

Guest Nappy Rash

With Statler & Waldorf on this one. Bellamy was driven out of the club despite being one of the most effective forwards in the league at the time. Not condoning some of his behaviour but Souness was bang out of order too. He couldn't manage the player so he instigated the confrontation and flogged him for a fraction of his true value in a vain attempt to establish his discipline on the squad. f****** pathetic.

Dragging up the past, but still... :rant:

Not sure his behaviour at Norwich, Coventry (where his is despised) and subsequently at Anfield bears that out tbh.

Souness didnt cover himself in glory. However, he should never have been employed here should he?

100% correct. But he was. And he was paid handsomely to manage the players to his disposal and get the best out of them. He failed miserably and the club suffered.

With Statler & Waldorf on this one. Bellamy was driven out of the club despite being one of the most effective forwards in the league at the time. Not condoning some of his behaviour but Souness was bang out of order too. He couldn't manage the player so he instigated the confrontation and flogged him for a fraction of his true value in a vain attempt to establish his discipline on the squad. f****** pathetic.

Not sure his behaviour at Norwich, Coventry (where his is despised) and subsequently at Anfield bears that out tbh.

Souness didnt cover himself in glory. However, he should never have been employed here should he?

100% correct. But he was. And he was paid handsomely to manage the players to his disposal and get the best out of them. He failed miserably and the club suffered.

Very true. It is still suffering too. The decision to piss Bobby about that summer and the problems that came with it is one which is still to be rectified. However, Bellamy's reaction was poor. His behaviour since has hardly cast him in a good light either. Benitez doesnt seem a bad manager but Bellamy has fucked up there too. Sometimes the blame has to rest with the players and in this instance I am pleased to see the back of him. Good footballer but not good enough to get away with what he wanted to.

There is so much more to football than what happens on the pitch. Only exceptional players are worth perservering with. He wasnt, isnt and never will be exceptional. Neither are the other two. On that score it will be interesting to see what Allardyce oes with them.

Very true. It is still suffering too. The decision to piss Bobby about that summer and the problems that came with it is one which is still to be rectified. However, Bellamy's reaction was poor. His behaviour since has hardly cast him in a good light either. Benitez doesnt seem a bad manager but Bellamy has fucked up there too. Sometimes the blame has to rest with the players and in this instance I am pleased to see the back of him. Good footballer but not good enough to get away with what he wanted to.

There is so much more to football than what happens on the pitch. Only exceptional players are worth perservering with. He wasnt, isnt and never will be exceptional. Neither are the other two. On that score it will be interesting to see what Allardyce oes with them.

Think we basically agree on this tbh. The lad's obviously a handful and seems to find bother. However, a good man-manager could deal with this while still getting the lad to produce on Saturday afternoons. I agree that if the twatish behaviour becomes too much then action needs to be taken but I honestly think that under the right man (Hughes for Wales & Blackburn) he could be handled while he's still producing.

Souness was the worst thing to happen to Newcastle for 15 years and the worst possible personality for dealing with young lads like Bellamy. Shepherd needs to carry some of the blame for appointing him in the first place though. As someone has said though - all water under the bridge and ancient history.

True. Its not quite water under the bridge though. We are still suffering or the stupiity of the chairman in that season. The fact that Zogbia an Martins have pissed about indicates that we still have problems in that area.

Hopefully Sam will sort it.

True. Its not quite water under the bridge though. We are still suffering or the stupiity of the chairman in that season. The fact that Zogbia an Martins have pissed about indicates that we still have problems in that area.

Hopefully Sam will sort it.

Agreed. Hopefully Sam can handle players better than the previous incumbents.  :thup:

why are people so bothered about them two going awol?

it's not like the Watford game had any significance at all. at the end of the day we couldn't catch Boro even if we won. of course loads of people traveled a long way to see us win against the bottom team, but i don't think Martins and N'Zogbia disrespected the fans or the club in any way, as they weren't even in the starting eleven, because of quality players like Shola and Pattison.. they disrespected the two clowns who were in charge of that game and who'll f*** off soon enough and hopefully Sam or whoever will show more common sense in dealing with the few quality players that we have.

Guest Steven_MB

why are people so bothered about them two going awol?

it's not like the Watford game had any significance at all. at the end of the day we couldn't catch Boro even if we won. of course loads of people traveled a long way to see us win against the bottom team, but i don't think Martins and N'Zogbia disrespected the fans or the club in any way, as they weren't even in the starting eleven, because of quality players like Shola and Pattison.. they disrespected the two clowns who were in charge of that game and who'll f*** off soon enough and hopefully Sam or whoever will show more common sense in dealing with the few quality players that we have.

but on the last day of the season, not even bothering to wait for it to finish, disrespectful to club, more stupid than anything else in my view, unless they actually want to get sam to kick them out!

Guest nyscooby

When will people stop reading into the crap the web sites and the papers say?

They are all scare mongering in a time when the fans want to lap up any good news, they are pumping out negatibe news to sell papers and gain web hits.

Sams going to do what Sams going to do.........  we'll have to wait and see what happens over the next few months.

Dont forget there is no competitions this summer, world/euro cup etc etc...

So player like Kuyt who last year held out for the TV coverage to raise his profile, they have no reason to wait for the summer to end before they sign to a club.

Sam will have a better chance of getting some talent and stability.

Good luck to him..

And sell shitbags shola

Then do the grown up thing and ignore it

practice what you preach too, just like you didn't do in the other thread.

Telling the truth is an adult trait. Perhaps you would be wise to adhere to that code before you tell other people to. :smitten:

do you have a silly fascination for me, or are you going to persist in posting that daft smiley ?

I can debate like an adult anytime you like, but I think you should tell us what your problem is with using 2 different names on message boards is, as you won't tell us what your original one is. It would be a good starting point, IMO.

I also think you should tell us if it is true or not that you only support NUFC when they employ a "top boss" ie how oftern did you support the club during the last 15 years as against the time previuos to that.

I also think that as you appear to be infatuated with stalking anyone who you appears to think Graeme Souness was a manager who did a good job for NUFC, you should address half your chums on teentastic who backed him to the end, and still do, and some posters on here too, notably recently nappy rash, who you clearly appear to agree with that the club are better off for the changes that he made while he was manager.

Debate it like an adult, as you have said you want to go down this road.

I had no idea there was even more people around who actually think we have improved since Bellamy was booted out  mackems.gif

Who thinks we've improved like?

When people wont type what you want them to, just pretend they have and then you win, hurrah  :uglystupid2:

hurrah  mackems.gif

What is the point of backing Souness, as you do, if we haven't improved under him.

This is not rocket science is it ?  mackems.gif

The first feigned an injury to get out of playing for us and left us without the full allocation of substitutes.

Oba had a mysterious injury when he found out he was on the bench and refused to leave his hotel room.

Charlie showed more commitment, endeavour and application in getting out of Vicarage Road than he did when playing this season.

Peas in a pod or is it all Souness' fault?

Souness... fer Bellamy certainly.

Weak management has probably led the other 2 to thinking they can get away with acting like that

Agree with what you said like.

Perhaps that has had more to do with Freddies poor appointments and lack of foresight? Its certainly not own to one player.

As I have said to you, if you want Alex Ferguson, you should go back to playing championship manager

BTW, most of your chums on teentastic still think Souness was good for Newcastle, so I really think you should address these points over on there. At least they will agree with you, which makes your life slightly easier  mackems.gif

Are you going to tell us what your alter ego is ? as you have such feelings about such things  mackems.gif

Good old dichotomy. If its not Glenn Roeder then it must be Alex Ferguson. Nobody else available? Freddie appointed Souness because he was the best we could get? Or because he fucked up in the summer by pissing Bobby about? Why did he appoint Roeder when it was patently obvious from his character and track record that he would fail?

I have stated several times, that when you own up to the obvious then I will indeed happily inform you. In the meantime I would appreciate it if you could refrain from the wild and wonderful suggestions that you then claim as fact. That isnt the way to debate like an adult. Not by any stretch of the imagination.

Its in your hands Leazes.

Good old dichotomy. If its not Glenn Roeder then it must be Alex Ferguson. Nobody else available? Freddie appointed Souness because he was the best we could get? Or because he fucked up in the summer by pissing Bobby about? Why did he appoint Roeder when it was patently obvious from his character and track record that he would fail?

I have stated several times, that when you own up to the obvious then I will indeed happily inform you. In the meantime I would appreciate it if you could refrain from the wild and wonderful suggestions that you then claim as fact. That isnt the way to debate like an adult. Not by any stretch of the imagination.

I believe that I have already said I don't give a toss what idiots think of me. I have also said that teentastic has a history of editing people's posts, but if you are stupid enough to think that one post out of hundreds reflects someone's opinion, then you are an idiot.

I also think that, as you have such strong feelings about people using different usernames, you should explain why you have done precisely that and tell us what your other name is.

Its not rocket science, even for an idiot.

You could also confirm that you only watch Newcastle United when they appoint a "top boss" ie when they are playing in europe and buying top players instead of selling them, and how does this reflect on your attendance record under the current board that took over the club in 1992 and the board that they replaced.  Is this true or not, you are very shy about replying to these questions.

Good old dichotomy. If its not Glenn Roeder then it must be Alex Ferguson. Nobody else available? Freddie appointed Souness because he was the best we could get? Or because he f***** up in the summer by pissing Bobby about? Why did he appoint Roeder when it was patently obvious from his character and track record that he would fail?

I believe that I have already said I don't give a toss what idiots think of me. I have also said that teentastic has a history of editing people's posts, but if you are stupid enough to think that one post out of hundreds reflects someone's opinion, then you are an idiot.

I also think that, as you have such strong feelings about people using different usernames, you should explain why you have done precisely that and tell us what your other name is.

You could also confirm that you only watch Newcastle United when they appoint a "top boss" ie when they are playing in europe and buying top players instead of selling them, and how does this reflect on your attendance record under the current board that took over the club in 1992 and the board that they replaced.  Is this true or not, you are very shy about replying to these questions.

Confirm what? Your supposition?  You made something up and now you believe it. Sounds familiar with you tbh.  :lol:

Of course you are incorrect. Just because you dream it, doesn't mean it exists Leazes.

Good old dichotomy. If its not Glenn Roeder then it must be Alex Ferguson. Nobody else available? Freddie appointed Souness because he was the best we could get? Or because he f***** up in the summer by pissing Bobby about? Why did he appoint Roeder when it was patently obvious from his character and track record that he would fail?

Confirm what? Your supposition?  You made something up and now you believe it. Sounds familiar with you tbh.  :lol:

Of course you are incorrect. Just because you dream it, doesn't mean it exists Leazes.

quite amazing from someone who has said that he "bought a season ticket from time to time in the 70's etc but he's giving it up now". Why don't you answer me when I asked you specific periods so we can see when you did and when you didn't ?

Just so we can see how often you bought one since 1992 when we had a shit board and before that when we didn't, or whatever, just to clarify your comments.

Oh, and your other username, as you seem to be quite obsessed with using different names  :lol:

I just hope these players actually want another chance, I am not optimistic.

very good point. A new manager, new ideas, new broom ?

We will see.