Mark Viduka signs for Newcastle - 2 years + 1 more optional

Guest SwissMagpie

Guest BooBoo

Amazing how cynical people are about Viduka. When Leeds went down, he got all the stick while Alan Smith was considered a hero (until he joined Man Utd), yet he scored more goals and was generally the better player. Then when he played well last season, it was "oh well he's just playing well because there's a World Cup in the summer", and now this season it's, "oh well he's just playing well because he wants a big contract".

When are people just going to accept he's a f*cking good player?

blueyes.gif

Guest newcastle4life

Wouldnt mind Viduka and Ben Haim good players that would improve the squad for nothing we rarely do that instead we spend huge amount of money on rubbish.

Remember how old Shearer was (34) when he finished playing. Shearer got slated on here for losing 2 yards of pace, which had a massive effect on his game as he relied on it at his peak.

Viduka has never relied on pace and is very much a Teddy Sheringham type player very skilful, good one touch, holds ball up well and great vision. At 32 Viduka has a good 3 seasons left no doubt.

Great observation.

I would be delighted to get viduka and ben haim in.

Just add campbell, tuncay, heinze and sidwell and we can just spend money on a few decent full backs.

Seriously though, do it.

Heinze?! Are you serious? He's as bad as Bramble!!

There are only 2 real problems with Viduka, 1 is his age which isnt a major one, he will still be class for a couple of years. His second is that on occasions he's lazy. Anyone who doubts this guys ability is nuts. His techniques is second to none. Perfect addition to the nufc squad. The link up play between th strikers and the midfiled hasn't beengood enough al season. Viduka would do the job nicely.

I would be delighted to get viduka and ben haim in.

Just add campbell, tuncay, heinze and sidwell and we can just spend money on a few decent full backs.

Seriously though, do it.

Heinze?! Are you serious? He's as bad as Bramble!!

errr......you sure abou that?? Heinze has always been very good everytime ive seen him. What actually has he done wrong to get such a bad rep?? not the first time av heard him being referred to as "crap"

Guest Alan Shearer 9

He got abused by the best player on the planet. Obviously that makes him as shit as Bramble.

He got abused by the best player on the planet. Obviously that makes him as shit as Bramble.

Aye, cause that's the only time he's been shite :rolleyes:

And no, I'm not going to give you any examples of any other games, because I can't remember.

Guest Alan Shearer 9

And no, I'm not going to give you any examples of any other games, because I can't remember.

To call that undermining yourself is an understatement.

To call that undermining yourself is an understatement.

No. That's just me being honest. Why the fuck would I want to remember specific games that Heinze has been shite in? Surely just a very general shiteness would be enough for him being called shite? A shitelot of "shites" in this post like.

He got abused by the best player on the planet. Obviously that makes him as s*** as Bramble.

Aye, cause that's the only time he's been s**** :rolleyes:

To b fair, i think he gets a real rough shout, i honestly cant think of a time where he's made an absolute bramble-esque clanger.(Am sure he has) He seems like a solid consistently good (not great) defender. I'd go as far as sayin that he'd be nufc best defendr if he were here, not that that would be hard.

Guest Alan Shearer 9

I think Heinze is a decent player overall. To call him shit is a bad judgement imo

Guest Coubury

ok id be very happy with those three signings

i think if martins went for £15 million that would be a nice bit of buisness

if we had viduka and owen  up front surely that would work right?

martins has pissed me off this season he can barely pass a ball he seems to be playing out in the wing when we attack and thats not were he should be he should be more central and possibly floating about the box awating a cross.

Towelie, why do you have to make yourself come across plankish on a daily basis?

Heinze was, and still is, a bloody good player and a regular in the Argentinian international team. He's gotten older and injuries have hampered his career significantly; he'd been off the scene for yonks and it was bound to take him a while to get back to how he was. He still hasn't and probably won't do now - but in his first season at United, he was class.

For the right price, i'd be chuffed to see a player of his calibre here.

Campbell and Heinze - what a fucking improvement that would be! Not only ability-wise, but they're both plus-30 (yet still have the quality) and will bring on the likes of Taylor no end.

As bad as Bramble for crying out fucking loud. Heinze got fucked by Kaka, one of if not the current best player in World Football - Bramble gets fucked by Tomasz Radzinski. There's the difference.

OMFGJWFFS

ok id be very happy with those three signings

i think if martins went for £15 million that would be a nice bit of buisness

if we had viduka and owen  up front surely that would work right?

martins has pissed me off this season he can barely pass a ball he seems to be playing out in the wing when we attack and thats not were he should be he should be more central and possibly floating about the box awating a cross.

He isn't that sort of player though. The lad is very young and in a new league, its not his fault we haven't had the proper cover and he has basically been left to do the job of two strikers.

Also, AS9, I didn't even see the Milan - Man U game, so it's got fuck all to do with Kaka.

But you said you couldn't think of any other examples!

Christ Almighty.

Towelie, why do you have to make yourself come across plankish on a daily basis?

Heinze was, and still is, a bloody good player and a regular in the Argentinian international team. He's gotten older and injuries have hampered his career significantly; he'd been off the scene for yonks and it was bound to take him a while to get back to how he was. He still hasn't and probably won't do now - but in his first season at United, he was class.

For the right price, i'd be chuffed to see a player of his calibre here.

Campbell and Heinze - what a fucking improvement that would be! Not only ability-wise, but they're both plus-30 (yet still have the quality) and will bring on the likes of Taylor no end.

As bad as Bramble for crying out fucking loud. Heinze got fucked by Kaka, one of if not the current best player in World Football - Bramble gets fucked by Tomasz Radzinski. There's the difference.

OMFGJWFFS

The reason why I get plonked would probably be because I often state my opinions, but I can never be arsed to write why I like or dislike the player. When I think about, I don't even often write anything in the football forums.

See, now I was very close to just deleting all this and just say to myself, "ah, fuck it, that didn't contribute at all."

Guest Alan Shearer 9

Also, AS9, I didn't even see the Milan - Man U game, so it's got fuck all to do with Kaka.

Do you watch football? At  all? Fuck me I wouldn't have missed those games for the world, Kaka's Milan up against the prat Ronaldo of Manure, classic games.

Im suprised at the at the opposition to Heinze, he had a shocker against Milan but he has always been dependable for Manure.

He is streaks ahead of any left back we have had here in the past 15 years, given his versatility and experience, not to mention the fact manure are possibly releasing him I think he would be ideal for us.

I cant believe you have actually ever watched him play more than a couple of times if you are comparing him to bramble.

not to mention the fact manure are possibly releasing him I think he would be ideal for us.

Really!?

On a free we're having a fucking laugh. Ben Haim, Campbell and Heinze for threepence. :lol: