Newcastle to be invited into the G14?

JH

The fact that Chelsea are not in the G14 and Bayer Leverkusen are tells you all you need to know about G14.

Doesnt tell me much more than Leverkusen were Champions League finalists and a very good team when the G14 was formed and they havent expanded since Chelsea became "big" tbh.

Aye

At that time Leverkusen were finalist of the Champions league,they were challenging for the German tittle  and were finalist of the German Cup.They were very successful club at that time.

At that time Chelsea were nowhere near this success

Leverkusen have never won the league, have a s*** history and a ground under 40,000

They are complete nobodies bankrolled by a local pharmaceutical company

It's the equivalent of Dave Whelan using his JJB fortune to get Wigan in the Champions League and then getting invited to the G14

Totallly different, the equivalent would be Vauxhall Motors FC being bankrolled by Vauxhall and ending up as a CL team. Whelan bought Wigan using his JJB forture as you said but Leverkusen were never bought out buy some rich bloke, they were started by workers from the Bayer company many years ago.

I couldn't give a fuck. What a load of balls. Maybe when we've stopped finishing in the bottom half the feckin league table we can start to think about this, but let's concetrate on football for a bit for a change, eh?

Guest LucaAltieri

I wouldn't mind us joining and forming some sort of super league so long as we could remain in the premiership. Focus our efforts on the premiership and then field reserves in the euro league. Newcastle B vs. Barca B might not draw the numebers they want at first, but over time I think it would grow and our focus might even change. The extra money and exposure would allow everyone to boost their second squads to turn the league into something remotely serious.

It'll never happen, but I'd personally like to see it.

:cheesy: