Newcastle to be invited into the G14?

JH

On the back page of the Sunday Sun in the North today.

Basically saying that the G14 is doubling its membership from 18 to 36 and there are two criteria that need to be met. The 1st is that the club must hold a ground over 50,000 capacity and the 2nd is that they must have a good UEFA coefficient and since Newcastle have both they're gonna be invited later this year.

Also carried on talking about the rumours being spread that they want to form their own European Super League and Newcastle would be involved in that were they accepted into the G14.

Will try and get the full story here later on, it's not online so it's a case of writing it :lol:

Sounds like something that would appeal to Freddy - thinking above our station...

We just finished in 13th, our squad is threadbare and lacking in quality. So how does joining an elite (and elitist) pressure group benefit us?

Except in the "prestige" stakes of course... :rolleyes:

Much as I hate Chel$ki - kudos to them for not being a member of this club

Internazionale (Italy)

Juventus (Italy)

A.C. Milan (Italy)

Liverpool F.C. (England)

Manchester United (England)

Olympique de Marseille (France)

Paris Saint-Germain (France)

Bayern Munich (Germany)

Borussia Dortmund (Germany)

Ajax (Netherlands)

PSV (Netherlands)

Porto (Portugal)

Barcelona (Spain)

Real Madrid (Spain)

Arsenal (England)

Olympique Lyonnais (France)

Bayer Leverkusen (Germany)

Valencia (Spain)

The members so far...

The criteria with stadium capacity above 50,000 is stupid because teams like Leverkusen,Paris Saint-Germain and PSV have stadiums with less capacity

Nevertheless its good thing if we are invited there alongside teams like Barca,Real Madrid,Milan,Inter,Juventus and Valensia

I wouldnt mind if they create their own European Super league and we are in it ;D ;D

Can anyone guess the other 17 new teams that are going to be invited in?

My guess is:FC Schalke 04,VfB Stuttgart,Hamburger SV maybe Werder Bremen,Sevilla FC,Roma,Lazio,Benfica,Sporting Lisbon,AEK Athens FC,maybe Olympiacos,Fenerbahçe S.K.,Spartak Moscow and maybe CSKA Moscow,Celtic,Rangers Newcastle

Thats 17 clubs

Sounds like something that would appeal to Freddy - thinking above our station...

We just finished in 13th, our squad is threadbare and lacking in quality. So how does joining an elite (and elitist) pressure group benefit us?

Except in the "prestige" stakes of course... :rolleyes:

Much as I hate Chel$ki - kudos to them for not being a member of this club

Those were my initial thoughts also.

Nevertheless its good thing if we are invited there alongside teams like Barca,Real Madrid,Milan,Inter,Juventus and Valensia

I wouldnt mind if they create their own European Super league and we are in it ;D ;D

This is a good thing? You'd get absolutely murdered. Every fucking week. :idiot2:

This is a good thing? You'd get absolutely murdered. Every fucking week. :idiot2:

If this organization creates their own European Super league the money they will recieve will be enormous.

And every week Newcastle will be playing with clubs like Milan,Inter,Barca,Real Madrid while Manchester City will be playing with the likes of Birmingam,Sunderland,Wigan and Fulham

Still think its not a good thing to be involved in this?

The G14 is an evil, evil cabal which will contribute largely to the downfall of football, mark my words.

And the only reason Chelsea aren't in it is because they won't let them join.

If this organization creates their own European Super league the money they will recieve will be enormous.

And every week Newcastle will be playing with clubs like Milan,Inter,Barca,Real Madrid while Manchester City will be playing with the likes of Birmingam,Sunderland,Wigan and Fulham

Prefer to see my team win a game occasionally thanks....

Yep just think of all the banter on the Monday morning in the office with all the Barcelona and Inter Milan fans ....

Oh

Any supporter who prefers his team to play with teams like Wigan,Fulham and Birmingam instead of teams like Milan,Barca,Inter and Real Madrid is a very confused person

Guest andynufc84

This is a good thing? You'd get absolutely murdered. Every f****** week. :idiot2:

Any supporter who prefers his team to play with teams like Wigan,Fulham and Birmingam instead of teams like Milan,Barca,Inter and Real Madrid is a very confused person

Sorry mate but has to be said that this is a completely clueless post

What would you rather watch:

Barcelona 8-1 Newcastle

or Newcastle 2-1 Everton

?

Getting mullered each week off Europe's elite would be an embarrassment for the club.

Good to see the fans are being considered amongst all this this super-league talk, i'm sure they'd love having to fork out god knows how much to travel to away matches every other week.

Barcelona 8-1 Newcastle

or Newcastle 2-1 Everton

?

Dont confuse Newcastle with Man City mate O0

Barcelona 8-1 Newcastle

or Newcastle 2-1 Everton

?

There'd also be pretty much zero away fans, thus taking away the traditional element of confrontation in the game, there'd be no local rivalry, there'd be no common binding factor through the country (frankly, if your team isn't in the SL, why are you going to give a shit - even with the CL it is interesting because you are watching teams you play week in week out).

There'd also be no promotion and no relegation, and no European spots to aim for, so unless you're in the uber elite (and have no doubts, do you think Spartak Moscow are goint to compete with Barcelona), the huge majority of all your games are utterly pointless.

Personally, the only positive thing about this breakaway league idea is that we get left with a more competitive, interesting league at home.

Barcelona 8-1 Newcastle

or Newcastle 2-1 Everton

?

Dont confuse Newcastle with Man City mate O0

Aye because we'd give Barca a good game like :lol:

Thing is though Spec, if we're in a European Super League, players won't necessarily just go to the biggest clubs because it's not as if there's Champions League football anymore. We'd get more money, and would be able to compete for the top-class players and would improve drastically. A bit like if Celtic & Rangers ever played down here. At first they'd probably be mid-table fodder, but after 3-4 years of more money, etc. more players would join them and they'd soon be pushing top 6.

Celtic are likely to be in with the new clubs. Fairly high UEFA coeff considering they are in the Scottish league. Big stadium. On top of that they are one of those sides that would be desperate to get into a breakaway league where they actually have to play a bit to win.

Thing is though Spec, if we're in a European Super League, players won't necessarily just go to the biggest clubs because it's not as if there's Champions League football anymore. We'd get more money, and would be able to compete for the top-class players and would improve drastically. A bit like if Celtic & Rangers ever played down here. At first they'd probably be mid-table fodder, but after 3-4 years of more money, etc. more players would join them and they'd soon be pushing top 6.

Not quite the same tho. Celtic/Rangers might be able to overtake clubs like City, Spurs, Everton, Villa given a level playing field in TV cash. In a superleague, who are Newcastle going to overtake? Barcelona? Real? Milan? Inter? Juve? Arsenal? Liverpool? Bayern? Manure? No. Lets not forget that while you're getting more money and improving, so are these guys - they'll expel all the shite like Darren Fletcher and be getting even better. OK theres slightly (...) more room for improvement at Newcastle than their is at Barcelona...but the cream rises to the top. Can't see owt other than season after season of continous losing.

Guest gggg
On top of that they are one of those sides that would be desperate to get into a breakaway league where they actually have to play a bit to win.

Why would they be desperate to give up their trophys to be thrashed every week by the worlds elite?

Maybe to join the Premiership yes but there's no chance of a european league ever working, they tried to leave two years ago if I remember rightly over TV money and all the other clubs in Scotland just said 'right fuck off then' and the old firm backed down.

This is a good thing? You'd get absolutely murdered. Every f****** week. :idiot2:

it's not all about the money man..