Juve In For Martins.

Crumpy Gunt

Problem is Owen might be here, unlike many others I still have a lot of faith in Martins. The negative parts of his game are nowhere near what some people make out and he has had a good first season in the premiership. The lad is still young and has goals in him even in a team that is vastly underperforming like we have this season.

Agree with you about Martins

He is super talent  and i hope that he'll remain with us next season.

If not i hope we dont sell him for less then 15m because that would be a disgrace

About people wanting Anelka as a replacement for Martins:

Martins-43=17 goals

Anelka-38=12 goals

I would rather go for Darren Bent instead of Anelka

Bent-34=15 goals

The negative parts of Martins' game, i.e. his movement and touch, are pretty shocking imo.

Under the right manager the firt one will be transformed to more productive element of his game.

Under Roeder he ran like a clueless chicken

Under Allardyce his runs will be more reasonable and if he has some decent player playing alongside him who is good in the air he will get even better and his runs will be even more productive.

Remember Shearer-Bellamy partnership?

Problem is Owen might be here, unlike many others I still have a lot of faith in Martins. The negative parts of his game are nowhere near what some people make out and he has had a good first season in the premiership. The lad is still young and has goals in him even in a team that is vastly underperforming like we have this season.

If not i hope we dont sell him for less then 15m because that would be a disgrace

Martins-43=17 goals

Anelka-38=12 goals

Bent-34=15 goals

The negative parts of Martins' game, i.e. his movement and touch, are pretty shocking imo.

Under the right manager the firt one will be transformed to more productive element of his game.

Under Allardyce his runs will be more reasonable and if he has some decent player playing alongside him who is good in the air he will get even better and his runs will be even more productive.

What makes you think that he will now learn something (movement) he couldn't learn in Italy, probably the most tactical astute league, under various high profile managers?

Martins-43=17 goals

Anelka-38=12 goals

Bent-34=15 goals

He's not that coachable imo. He's more an headless chicken instinctive player you'll never change that.  :D

Guest ChickenKiev

i hope he stays - but if he does go, i hope we don't replace him with the inferior anelka

mackems.gif

Utter rubbish.

your oppinon - which you are entitled to, just as i am to mine...

Well explain it a bit please. How is Martins better than Anelka?

quicker, younger, potential to become better, great strike at times

anelka is performing at or even above his potential atm, he has a long record of being a whining little girl, he changes clubs almost every year, he does not score all that many goals....

i'm not saying he is a bad player, just that i think martins is a better option for us, and that oba will become a much greater player than anelka.

on top of that, to quote peter schmeichel: "he is the laziest player i have ever trained with, he is the last to arrive at the training ground every day, and always the first to leave"

Anelka better than Martins! I've heard it all now. Now that is "utter rubbish".

i hope he stays - but if he does go, i hope we don't replace him with the inferior anelka

mackems.gif

Utter rubbish.

your oppinon - which you are entitled to, just as i am to mine...

Well explain it a bit please. How is Martins better than Anelka?

quicker, younger, potential to become better, great strike at times

anelka is performing at or even above his potential atm, he has a long record of being a whining little girl, he changes clubs almost every year, he does not score all that many goals....

i'm not saying he is a bad player, just that i think martins is a better option for us, and that oba will become a much greater player than anelka.

on top of that, to quote peter schmeichel: "he is the laziest player i have ever trained with, he is the last to arrive at the training ground every day, and always the first to leave"

Anelka better than Martins! I've heard it all now. Now that is "utter rubbish".

We'll see what Big Sam thinks soon. ;)

Martins-43=17 goals

Anelka-38=12 goals

Bent-34=15 goals

What makes you think that he will now learn something (movement) he couldn't learn in Italy, probably the most tactical astute league, under various high profile managers?

Can you talk some feking sense into them please Ise.  blueyes.gif

Anelka is better than or equal to Martins in most aspects of his game.

Anelka is also a player who is liable to get the hump and ask to leave at any given point, if he gets the hump with us in a couple of seasons do you think there is any chance at all of us getting anything close to what we paid for him?

Honestly cannot believe the stick Martins is getting but then he is playing for Newcastle so it shouldn't be a shock!

If he is to go we have to make a profit off him, he has proven himself in the premiership now..(well he's getting there anyway)..To break even would be just stupid if he is happy to stay here. It depends alot on whether Michael stays or goes...

Martins-43=17 goals

Anelka-38=12 goals

Bent-34=15 goals

Try counting the PL goals only and not goals against Latvian part-timers or whatever.

Martins has 11 PL goals so Anelka is not that far away with his mighty 12 goals

Martins-43=17 goals

Anelka-38=12 goals

Bent-34=15 goals

If you think that Martins has learn everything about football movement at the age of 22 you are crazy

and also if you think that players cant learn something new from different managers you are wrong again

Martins-43=17 goals

Anelka-38=12 goals

Bent-34=15 goals

He's not that coachable imo. He's more an headless chicken instinctive player you'll never change that.  :D

every player is coachable under the right management.

People are judging Martins on his 1st season in the Premiership where he played under very incompetent manager,with teammates who were competing who was worse and in a team which 99% of the performances this season were shocking

What do you expect from him,from his form and respectively from his touch and movement?

Anelka is also a player who is liable to get the hump and ask to leave at any given point, if he gets the hump with us in a couple of seasons do you think there is any chance at all of us getting anything close to what we paid for him?

Honestly cannot believe the stick Martins is getting but then he is playing for Newcastle so it shouldn't be a shock!

What like hiding in his hotel room and saying he had a sore knee?  :lol:

I like him just Nicolas is better at everything.

Guest alex

Can you give me an example of a manager who has significantly improved the movement of a player of Martins' age NUFC06?

Honestly not comparing Martins attitude problems to Anelka are you?

Guest alex

Martins has a much better attitude, yes. I'm not laying into him as I think he did ok. I think some people give him too much stick and some people see him as a world-beater. His good points are - good finisher (when he hasn't got time to think about - lots of his game is instinctive), good body strength, great pace, good in the air, good attitude/workrate on the pitch and he has a tremendous shot. I do think his touch and movement are appalling though. And I'm not exaggerating there.

Guest alex

So thats Juve and Arsenal after Martins, 2 good clubs after him yet some think he is not good enough for us. :D :idiot2: :idiot2:

No, you've oversimplified the argument. And believed everything you've read in the papers. And another thing: Boumsong! ;)

So thats Juve and Arsenal after Martins, 2 good clubs after him yet some think he is not good enough for us. :D :idiot2: :idiot2:

No, you've oversimplified the argument. And believed everything you've read in the papers. And another thing: Boumsong! ;)

....everyone is after Bent apparently at £15m.. mackems.gif

The new Luther Blisset. ;)

Can you give me an example of a manager who has significantly improved the movement of a player of Martins' age NUFC06?

SBR during his time when he signed Craig Bellamy who at that time was 22.

SBR improved Bellamy's movement and he used it to the most useful way it can be used.

Bellamy's movement was based on his partnership with Alan Shearer who was master in the air and this use of Bellamy's qualities was improvement as well as on his movement but also as an improvement on the players career itself.Bellamy's reasonable use of his pace and therefore his movement made him better player.

If Allardyce can use Martins's pace that way it will be improvement of his movement doesnt it?

No matter anyway, I think its going to be Owen to leave and Martins to stay anyway.

SBR also sorted out Shearers lack of movement after his op, he hit a dry spell and Sir Bobby sorted it, I would say though its more down to the player and how he responds to what he is being told rather than a manager sorting it all, Martins seems to appear as a kid thats eager to learn and is in love with the game, I am 100% certain he will come good under Sam.

Honestly not comparing Martins attitude problems to Anelka are you?

They are quite different and their psychology is also miles apart, but the differance is important.

Anelka is moody because he knows how good he is and he feels unfullfilled, he is tormented. This is someting a good manager can tap into as Sam has recently at Bolton. Martins is just scatty.....Looks like a bag of sweets will do the trick. :lol:

Guest alex

SBR during his time when he signed Craig Bellamy who at that time was 22.

SBR improved Bellamy's movement and he used it to the most useful way it can be used.

Bellamy's movement was based on his partnership with Alan Shearer who was master in the air and this use of Bellamy's qualities was improvement as well as on his movement but also as an improvement on the players career itself.Bellamy's reasonable use of his pace and therefore his movement made him better player.

If Allardyce can use Martins's pace that way it will be improvement of his movement doesnt it?

You see, I think Bellamy's movement was spot on from the off, or rather from as soon as he started playing with Shearer and it stayed that way, so I'm going to have to disagree with you there.

Guest Gemmill

I don't think he gets that much stick tbh.  His touch and movement are fucking dreadful and I don't see them improving significantly.  That's been my stance all along but people can't bear anyone pointing out faults in one of our players, no matter how glaringly obvious they are.

I don't think he gets that much stick tbh.  His touch and movement are fucking dreadful and I don't see them improving significantly.  That's been my stance all along but people can't bear anyone pointing out faults in one of our players, no matter how glaringly obvious they are.

Infact Martins will NEVER be as good as Anelka. Quote me on it. blueyes.gif

Anelka sees and acts on space where Martins only sees a blur.